Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

PanhardPL wrote:
    WZS... was issued on 2/85 and lasted until 3/85 and Nissan did not have an Almera available then. You should have reported it to the Gardai as this car could be used in a robbery.

That sounds really dodgy .It should be reported

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

MercMad wrote:
    ........this is the case currently but apparantly not always the case ! A guy in the Merc Club had a very very old Limerick plate transfered onto his '65 Merc about 8 years ago ! I dunno how, but he did it, reason being the plate suited the cars engine type !

Was it done "legitimately"???
    8 Years ago??
    I spoke to a guy who had a GTI-reg transferred onto a Peugeot 205 GTi, from a 65 Morris Minor .....but he did so before new style plates came out in 1987.

Really sounds odd that someone could do so only 8 years ago??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

drdre wrote:
    That sounds really dodgy .It should be reported

I'd lay odds on it that it was a Polish/Latvian/Lithiuanian/Estonian reg plate.

As I said, they use a system that (legitimately!) replicates old Irish plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Mr. Kildea I presume?

kildea.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Today seen
    07 D 460 - Lexus LS460
    07 D 42 - Audi RS4 (has 420bhp, and another RS4 got 07D420)
    04 D 46 - E46 BMW 320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

fletch wrote:
    Today seen
    07 D 460 - Lexus LS460
    The owner should have given a Laois address for a better plate! :D

(PS - 07 LS 460 is on a Nissan Navara)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think there a knife user here somewhere.

The owner should have given a Laois address for a better plate! :D

(PS - 07 LS 460 is on a Nissan Navara)

Yeah that would have been a better plate :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Blonde96.jpg
    couldn't resist

Saw PA 1 on a Rover 75 near Donegal town today, the world's best secratary no doubt! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote:
    Saw PA 1 on a Rover 75 near Donegal town today, the world's best secratary no doubt! :D
    According to mycarcheck.com PA 1 is on a Jaguar XJ TDVi Auto! :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Well XJs can be mistaken for a 75 from a distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

My dad's old BMW 520's plate was NIC 999. He was going to sell it to a mate in the Guards but he held onto it. (car got smushed and ended up in Circuit of Ireland I believe).

Saw a Co. Waterford Reg with Loch Gorman over it in Galway last year.

According to mycarcheck.com PA 1 is on a Jaguar XJ TDVi Auto! :eek: :confused:

Could have sworn it was a Rover but I could well have been mistaken as I was meeting it in traffic and was looking at the plate more than the car!

Recently I saw a particular UK plate on a Volvo saloon in Dublin on a Thursday and the same plate on a Jeep Grand Cherokee the following Monday in Mullingar! Saw the Jeep again about two weeks later still with the same plate, that's about 6 weeks ago and hpi.co.uk are still showing the number registered to the Volvo, go figure....

invest4deepvalue.com

fozzle wrote:
    car got smushed and ended up in Circuit of Ireland I believe
    It still returns on Cartell as white BMW 520 (1990cc). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There used to be a 999 UIE on an ambulance (Mitsubishi of some sort) in Shannon years ago,

My favourite Irish ones:
    GTI 205 (Pug 205 GTI)
    00 TS 156 (Alfa 156 2.0 T-Spark)
    06 d 15220 (Lexus IS220 d)
    00 C 180 (Mercedes C180)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I just checked VIP1 and it's on a Rolls Royce Corniche, I thought the Russian billionaire bought that recently, you'd think he'd have it on something a bit flashier than a Roller. It used to be on a Jaguar XJ6 in Kilkenny years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

It still returns on Cartell as white BMW 520 (1990cc). :D
    That's the one :) She got mashed by the postman and dad sold it to a guy for rallying (he didn't mind sticking a new engine block in her) and he didn't need her road lgal so dad kept the plates. They're in the shed somewhere still.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Thought id post a few pics of my own machine !!

IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg

paul moore wrote:
    Thought id post a few pics of my own machine !!

So whats so cool about that car and plate:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oversize exhaust?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Looks like a GT-4. Cool car but the plate isnt overly spectacular to say the least.

Saw 07-D-89 lately. Quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

There is a 07 G 71 (G71 looks like GTI) VW golf gti going around Limerick lately no pic yet though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Bond-007 wrote:
    Oversize exhaust?

Not over sized......Standard !!

Saw this TOP car in Ballina last week.

top.jpg

Reminds me of OOO 800 which I saw on an old Beetle in London years ago, it looked real good on the square rear plate!

Also last week I saw D11XDN on a Range Rover Sport in Tulsk the two 1's were really close together like ll and the second D was rounded off to look like a O, I guess Mr. Dixon couldn't get his hands on D1XON!

Also saw C 8 LUF of a white Crew cab (Navarra IIRC) in Ballinalack, spaced to look like C BLUF, poker player perhaps?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

testicle wrote:
    Well XJs can be mistaken for a 75 from a distance!

I would have gone more for the S-Type. It's a dead ringer from behind!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

i have seen 07 c 97 on an audi q7 recently , with the 9 cropped to look like a q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Saw a silver BMW 3-Series in Dun Laoighre today with Californian plates. Not too many cars with them around.

horgan_p wrote:
    i have seen 07 c 97 on an audi q7 recently , with the 9 cropped to look like a q
    :eek: Tacky in the extreme. If I had the money for a Q7, it's the last thing I would be doing!

(I'm surprised they didn't have the '0' doctored to look like a 'Q' also. That's what the're at up here! :rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

saw a Touareg withthe reg 00-KE-1007 ( im not sure what county it was but the 007 bit was done like the james bond 007 logo)

quite sad considering the rest of the reg was plain and the cra was a light colour anyway ..so didnt even look remotely "secret agent"

Advertisement