Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

C_Breeze wrote:
    saw a Touareg withthe reg 00-KE-1007 ( im not sure what county it was but the 007 bit was done like the james bond 007 logo)

quite sad considering the rest of the reg was plain and the cra was a light colour anyway ..so didnt even look remotely "secret agent"

It would have looked nicer on a aston martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

h3000 wrote:
    There is a 07 G 71 (G71 looks like GTI) VW golf gti going around Limerick lately no pic yet though.

Yeah my friend told me about that cat.Thats a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shamzbat

Spotted in Cobh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Saw a Guy in cork city yesterday evening with a goldy/yelloy M3
    Reg was something like 05 WD M3
    some Cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Currently for sale in Frank Keane's...

06-D-115 = 06-D-M5

fkh5Ind681.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Do-more wrote:
    Saw PA 1 on a Rover 75 near Donegal town today, the world's best secratary no doubt! :D
    According to mycarcheck.com PA 1 is on a Jaguar XJ TDVi Auto! :eek: :confused:

I've been to my therapist and she says that I probably have a repressed desire to own a Rover 75 (hopefully it's very very deeply repressed!)

Anyway I've decided if I have to have one it will probably be this one....

Rov75.jpg:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw a BMW E24 633 CSi with the reg CSI 633
    633_CSi.jpg

yes I was driving the car but traffic was stopped so although Im a hippocrite I am a relatively safe one!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do-more wrote:
    I've been to my therapist and she says that I probably have a repressed desire to own a Rover 75
    Change your therapist immediately! :eek:
    kbannon wrote:
    Nice one kbannon.:)

When I was a young lad a neighbour had a 635 with a (pre '87) reg ***635. And i thought it was an amazing coincidence! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

kbannon wrote:
    [/SIZE]

A friend of mine used to own a 635i with the CSI 635 reg. Car is now currently living in a warm shed in Cork. It's a lovely Calyso Red - Maroom colour car with gorgeous split rim cross spokes on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

A friend of mine used to own a 635i with the CSI 635 reg. Car is now currently living in a warm shed in Cork. It's a lovely Calyso Red - Maroom colour car with gorgeous split rim cross spokes on it.

I saw that car in Blackrock, Dublin recently. Nice looking car indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

.............I used to see that car when it was brand new back in '83 around the Clontarf area !

Super car, super reg !

I recall seeing CSI 635 too, many years ago !

Nice to see/hear they are still out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

There used to be a red Porsche 928S around Dublin in the late 80's with the reg no, ESI 1 (EASY 1).
    does anyone know if its still around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

I think any car with 007 in it looks a bit wallyish, ruins a nice car and makes the owner look a real sap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

nah, THIS is a license plate!
    28092005pd9.th.jpg

spotted on pearse st. at the time of the london bombings. :P

^ That Civic has been around for a good while now. I think they maybe Iranian plates. Not sure though. Nevertheless, they're handy for speed camera's!

Which reminds me, their has been ALOT of cars going around Dublin in the last couple of months with Kuwait plates however.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

The Civic is from the UAE - code SHJ is for Sharjah, one of the 7 emirates making up the UAE

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

netman wrote:
    spotted on pearse st. at the time of the london bombings. :P
    What does that have to do with the price of beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That CSI 633 seems to be permanently living in blackrock now. Seen it around constantly for about a week. In such great condition too. Took a photo of it, so damn u kbannon :o

Saw this plate from Oz in Naas earlier today !

Also saw a Dublin-registered BMW with number "330" and a faint "d" after it !! Didin't have camera with me for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jrar wrote:
    Saw this plate from Oz in Naas earlier today !
    Is there something special about it?

kbannon wrote:
    Is there something special about it?

Well it's not exactly everyday that you would see a vehicle all the way from New South Wales around these parts.

The thread title includes the description "rare" so I think it qualifies under that criteria !- as Max_Damage says, they're hardly ten a penny round these parts !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

In Ely Place yesterday - I'm sure that this car has been posted before but I'm too lazy to look! Pic taken with phone

Image000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh no3s, u hav teh rong tred!!!!twentyyone!! ;)

Another Kuwait plate on a BMW 330. They are starting to become more & more common:

s2300099qy2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭MarkN

Saw this this morning.. Prob a racist so and so ! ;)

12072007044.jpg

Co-incidentally, some years back there used to be (could still be there for all I know !) a silver BMW on Northumberland Rd. which had "XXX 111" on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There was a black S Class Merc in Ballyphehane in Cork in the early 90's with xxx 1!! Must be something in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

MarkN wrote:
    Saw this this morning.. Prob a racist so and so ! ;)

My Dad's old boss ended up with a KKK plate (not a personal plate, just how it happened) and ended up getting it changed after his car had been vandalised 3 times!

Advertisement