Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Now this is the best plate.
    07 - D - F430
    He is the same guy with the DB9 04- D89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

netwhizkid wrote:
    I was in Cork City today and spotted a very rare plate, a Kuwaiti one :eek:. It was on a Black Mitsubishi Colt (LHD) that was parked in the Wilton Shopping Centre around 2.30 to 3.30ish. A number plate from Kuwait was a first for me anyway. I snapped it on my phone.

I've seen a few Kuwait plates in Dublin. I also saw a Honda Civic from UAE aswell a few weeks ago.

I saw yesterday in Terenure a Mercedes W123 with South African plates on it. It was in the driveway of a house. I wonder if I could get some pics of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Max_Damage wrote:
    I've seen a few Kuwait plates in Dublin. I also saw a Honda Civic from UAE aswell a few weeks ago
    I've seen a fair few middle eastern plates in Dublin especially around hospitals - (presumably owned by doctors?).

I've seen a fair few middle eastern plates in Dublin especially around hospitals - (presumably owned by doctors?).

theres loads of foreign cars around dublin.in a carpark that i was in yesterday i seriously saw over 20 different foreign cars from uk,poland,latvia etc.

drdre wrote:
    theres loads of foreign cars around dublin.in a carpark that i was in yesterday i seriously saw over 20 different foreign cars from uk,poland,latvia etc.

It's gotten to the point I now nearly consider Eastern European plates as Irish, given the amount of them here!

About 3 weeks ago, I saw the first Russian reg. (RUS) here. It was on an old Mercedes van on the M50. I've also started seeing a good few Moldovan (MD) and Croatian (HR) cars around aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

when i brought my MINI cooper in from england it had the reg ye53 fun (yes fun)..

a few people told me its worth a few pounds. i saw on them web sites in the uk they were looking for £2500 for ye54 fun. does anyone know by any chance how you go about selling them?

drdre wrote:
    Kuwaiti and middle eastern plates in general will be in Arabic script. That's what makes them more noteworthy. There's nothing special in seeing eastern European plates. They're everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

jame5_b wrote:
    when i brought my MINI cooper in from england it had the reg ye53 fun (yes fun)..

a few people told me its worth a few pounds. i saw on them web sites in the uk they were looking for £2500 for ye54 fun. does anyone know by any chance how you go about selling them?

Try www.regtransfers.co.uk or someone like them, they all buy and sell numbers, google will bring up tons of them, normally they will give you a free valuation. They do have new style plates with FUN in them for as low as £344 but that is still the thick end of €500 so better than a kick in the teeth. Reg numbers are a funny old business, one digit wrong can have a huge effect on values. YES 3 FUN doesn't have nearly the same appeal as YES 4 FUN. Still you have nothing to lose and probably a right few quid to gain, best of luck and let us all know how you get on.

invest4deepvalue.com

Kuwaiti and middle eastern plates in general will be in Arabic script.

Great for the speed cameras!

Going slightly off topic, but it got me thinking today. Given the amount of Jap import cars here, has anyone here actually ever seen a vehicle here with Jap plates on it? I have twice, one was many years ago (can't even remember what car they were on), and the other was about 3 or so years ago on a motorbike. The Japanese font really turns heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Max_Damage wrote:
    Great for the speed cameras!

Given the amount of Jap import cars here, has anyone here actually ever seen a vehicle here with Jap plates on it? I have twice, one was many years ago (can't even remember what car they were on), and the other was about 3 or so years ago on a motorbike. The Japanese font really turns heads.

When a car leaves japan to visit another country, it is given a set of exact plates but the kanji lettering is now in English. About ten years ago a family travelled here in a campervan (Liteace) and the number plate read Kanagawa, Japan on the top line and the numbers on the bottom line.
    I have also noticed that some japanese car's number plates are so small that the number plate is an imitation of the japanese lettering, ie 00 D in small lettering and 1234 on the bottom line in large lettering.

• Advertisement

Lord Mayor of Sligo! :D
    01so1ey5.th.jpg

It's enough to make you go cross-eyed!

Sorry it's a bad photo but the number is 01 D 11111 (illegally spaced as Ol D lllll of course!)

11111.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

A friend of mine had a car with the reg ### SHI, a friend of his thought it would be funny to put a T at the end, and it was funny. However his car reg was ### CLI. I think the next part is obvious. Poetic justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

RobAMerc wrote:
    Anyone see Vroom Vroom last night.
    Some ponse paid 300k stg for "51R"
    Thats crazy when you think it was on a mclaren slr worth the same amount !
    I know the guy who has "CRX 51R" in the UK. He's selling it soon. I'd be tempted if I could actually put it on my car.

titty.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

2 well placed Little black screws (to help keep the number plate on like :D ) would sort out that plate nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The best reg I've seen was on an Enzo EN20 it just looked the business!!! The loacl newsletter even did a story on the car when it appeared in Cork 2 summers ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Calibos wrote:
    2 well placed Little black screws (to help keep the number plate on like :D ) would sort out that plate nicely

would that be to make the plat look like TT or 007??

sorry pass no heed on that statement, cant believe i wrote that bit of blonde moment

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I never knew we were allowed draw our own plates.....
    lpdsc00523ju7.jpg

• Advertisement

The best reg I've seen was on an Enzo EN20 it just looked the business!!! The loacl newsletter even did a story on the car when it appeared in Cork 2 summers ago!
    Does someone still have the enzo in ireland.Have you seen it, What colour is it?

conical wrote:
    Saw this in Donnybrook yesterday...
    image0339mv7.th.jpg

Thats a nice plate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Theres a number plate on a DB9 in Cork and it is 06-D-29. Theres also an M5 with 01-C-5 and theres a 3 litre Z4 with 04-C-Z4. No pics unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ROFL it's neither a BNW or an M5!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

MIN 1 was put on a Nissan Micra (there was a photo of it in the Irish Times motoring page back in the late 80's beside an article bemoaning the waste of good plates on the wrong cars, and urging the Gov't to allow plate transfers).

Best plate on a public service vehicle (another photo in the Irish Times) - an ambulance in Clare - 999 DIE :eek:

Also seen in Dublin around 2001: 1 GLI on a Mk1 Golf GTI Cabrio (these are badged as GLI)

Lovely old plate on a lovely old Alfa Romeo Guilietta, now probably rusted to death :( 1111 TI

I've also seen 87 RN 25 on a Renault 25 - yeah, but why bother...

Best of all was IX 1, spaced in the middle of the plate as [ IXI ] on an 80's Audi 100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

steve06 wrote:
    I never knew we were allowed draw our own plates.....
    lpdsc00523ju7.jpg
    its trick truckers use, when they need to pull a trailer that isnt their regular trailer... i.e. not that one with their offical tractor reg plates on..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hobochris wrote:
    its trick truckers use, when they need to pull a trailer that isnt their regular trailer... i.e. not that one with their offical tractor reg plates on..

yeh some trailers have places for square number plates and some for rectangle, most drivers(i know) have a square plate to put on the trailer but when they have a rectangle one they write it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

i bought a 316i two weeks ago with xx x 316, i never noticed when i test drove till the gf pointed it out next day:o

• Advertisement

I'm a bit puzzled by a reg I saw in Swords today.

WZS *** (Dublin) on Euro style plates on a Nissan Almera!

According to www.cartell.ie the plate belongs to a Ford Sierra. :eek:

If someone wanted to forge a plate, why on earth would they screw it up so much with a pre 1987 reg (uncommon enough as it is) on a modern car? :confused:

Advertisement