Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭helper1989

hi, no not yet. It’s been a while since I have requested an update but I have heard from other buyers that the weather has affected the completion of road work.

Probably the road work needs to be completed for the snagging to be done. Hoping that the weather stays dry so that the roadwork can be done. Joe and the team are doing the best I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Was in touch with the estate agent this morning. She said she did think it would be May before they start calling people for snagging. Joe the foreman, has had a bereavement in his family so he's not available until later in the week for a more concrete update on that.

hi - hope all is well. Has anyone been able to visit the site recently to see if they were able to move the pile of sand/mud or if there has been any progress on road works?

we had a bit of dry weather so hoping that there may have been some progress.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KJ2023

taken last week

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 GG_AZ

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone received call for snagging?

not yet. Keen to know about others

@GG_AZ - have you received any update or call for snagging?

early morning views. Just my personal view but I think that the engagement in this group is very slow / limited.

people don’t share updates or are hesitant. I think we should share updates as we get them as that would reduce the number of queries that we are sending to the EA.

all of us are aiming towards the same goal and that is to get the keys as early as possible.

would appreciate if people can share if they have received any recent update.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GG_AZ

@helper1989

No haven’t received any call from them yet.

• Advertisement

ok, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 13 najra

Today's update from EA:

I do not have snagging dates from him yet but will let you know once Joe confirms same to me.

House progress:

Currently painting inside 

& preparing to concrete paths outside 

Plumbing done 

Kitchen & work top done 

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DoctorRV

Thanks for all the valuable updates. While it is understandably so slow as usual, My youtube feed showed me this !! 2 weeks to complete !! Would you believe it !?

https://youtube.com/shorts/11U7RVvjLs0?si=0bGjTGvj8OKIOd4v

@DoctorRV - really interesting stuff. Let’s hope that things progress for us as well.

the general feedback is that they have been able to finish the houses really quickly but the weather has affected their ability to complete the road work.

This has affected the snagging date and the closing process. I am hoping that they are able to complete the road work soon

thank you @najra for sharing the update

• Registered Users Posts: 16 06750931

HI

My name is Edel.

I'm buying no 35 parklane, house booked since October 2021.

I was down on the site yesterday was talking to Joe. He said snagging will start in 2 weeks time. But no keys will be handed out until the road is completed along with footpaths as the banks will not issue mortgages without this being done. Weather has impacted on progress of the roads. But Joe said snagging and concrete at the same time. They are calling no 35 to 42 first. They have done a lot of their own snags so he is hopeful that snag lists will not be too long. Services have been put in recently along the whole road to the entrance. There was a man there yesterday levelling part of the road as it was too high.

It shouldn't be much longer for the terraced houses anyway.

Thanks for this update. October 2021 !! Some patience you have ! Anyway better late than never. Appreciate if you could keep this thread going as soon as you get called for snagging. 🙏

Yeah I'll keep yous posted whenever I hear anything...suppose were all in the same boat…they were certain they will start calling for snagging in 2 weeks time but also highlighted when snagging is complete no keys till the road and paths are complete..They are starting the gardens in the bungalows, most houses are complete or near enough to it ..all the terraced houses are finished bar the door handles on the inside...just the road😴they are anxious to finish as they have started another estate....but the weather has been in their defense shocking....

same here. Booked the house in about the same time and still waiting. I also heard the same thing that it’s all down to getting the roadworks complete.

it’s good to hear that they were levelling the road so hopefully there should be progress soon.

Today I have been served a notice of termination of my rental accommodation contract and I now have 6 months until October 24. Apparently the owners other house was on a major fire last week and they want this house back for their own use. So can’t do much there ! This puts me in a quite a difficult spot especially due to uncertainty of the completion dates and as we all know how finding another rental is supposed to be. I have written to EA today to see if they could do something to speed things up and push ahead on my snagging earlier than I was told since I was told my snagging was expected to be in August. Hopefully less trouble than I am anticipating!! 🤞

• Advertisement

hi @DoctorRV - hoping that things work out well in time for you. Please do share any update that you get from the EA.

appreciate that it may not be relevant for terraced houses but would give us a general sense of where things are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lch2023

Visited the site at the weekend, only peeked in so didn’t get any good photos but the piles of dirt have been removed. Still a bit of clean up to do and the road/paving still not done but fingers crossed we will be snagging soon! Appreciate all your updates.

thank you for the update @lch2023 and @DoctorRV

Today's response from EA to my request to see if works in my house and my snagging too could be pushed forward.

"Joe has confirmed they are moving forward as fast as they possibly can with 48 houses.

I will keep you updated on snagging dates as soon as Joe confirms same to me."

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lch2023

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has arranged flooring or blinds yet (Eg had someone in to take measurements, booked anyone) or if you are waiting until after you get the keys to start all that?

Does anyone have recommendations for floors?

Thanks!

Concreting the bungalows now and working their way out.......😃

• Registered Users Posts: 12 artinaas

Hi there

I recommend german floor

Good prices and quality

hi, I think you can do the floors etc after you get the keys. Didn’t know that we could get people in before the keys are handed over

• Advertisement

hello. If anyone has visited the site recently, would you be able to share if they have started working on the road and pavements?

Thank you

Advertisement