Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

it wouldn’t be clad iron if I said 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Goodigal

Maybe not trivial but Everton finally beating Liverpool in a Derby match at Goodison 💙😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Saw one of those tiny blue butterflies in the back garden - first one this year. Lovely creature. Wish I'd had the phone on me to get a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I saw a red squirrel on my drive into work this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,111 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

made an online order which I received email confirmation for at 11.57 for a new bedside furniture accessory from a popular UK based homeware retailer …. 13.42… the item has been dispatched for delivery on Monday…

I happened upon a horror film with graphic nudity on ch4 Reminds me of the old red triangle films on ch4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I saw an elderly couple walking along a busy path(alongside a busy road) with their gorgeous pit bull(blue coated), dog was oblivious to the noise and activity and she walked along with her fav rubber chicken toy in her mouth. I could see even with a quick glance that the chicken toy was sooooo precious to her.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Running low on tea and my Mum has better things to do at the moment than send more so I popped to Kilburn and walked around. Tried a Tesco, a Sainsbury's, and three corner shops. The third somehow had both Barry's Tea and Club Orange which was nice.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Silver Birch Trees. Beautiful.

• Advertisement

7-8 hours quality continuous sleep…. Feeling absolutely the better for it.

another good nights sleep and a good start to the day as this morning found my jacket I mentioned in the TA thread that I thought I must have left away in the hotel, it fell off the hanger and was lying on a bag at the very back of the wardrobe. 😎

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The sprig is with its rightful owner, at last, and the scent in the room is divine. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm off work until Monday week! 😎 I've nothing much planned (except going to a gig tonight, and a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning 😄) but I'm happy enough with that.

And I still have 9 more holiday days to use before the end of June, before starting on this year's holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've just discovered you can buy a bucket of maltesers 😁

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I love digging through my record shelves for a type of gig I haven't played in a while and either rediscovering a banger I forgot about or newly discovering one that I missed the first time around.

Case in point, I'm playing an uptempo funk/boogie/disco gig tonight. I was digging through my disco section and found this album by the amazing Crown Heights Affair. I used to play this track off it a lot when I lived in Singapore around 2008 ish.

It's in the crate for tonight! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, the way one record sets you off onto playing another (with a tangential connection). I experienced this an hour ago with the just-released Now Yearbook 1974 inspiring me to also dig out my favourite 1999 album, a worthy way to sign off the decade. Check out that video for The Rubettes.

After years of not trying ,i’ve finally ‘won ‘ a wooden spoon on boards . Much appreciated @HeidiHeidi 😷😷

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement

Found some fish fingers I don't like in the freezer, I cooked them and left them to cool by that window.

Half and hour later every single crumb of them is gone from the plate. I hope whatever stole them, enjoyed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The smell of line dried sheets!

family birthday celebration tomorrow, I’ve been dreading it due to lack of energy but it’s been a nice busy enough but restful weekend that has seen me slightly more or less 100% restored, so fućk it….

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Goodigal

Drifting back to sleep listening to the dawn chorus on the radio this morning. The experts are just so easy to listen to. Really enjoyed.

Took it into my head to clear out the junk from under the stairs space, not easy as it's household and all of it needs to be cleared by the big NO, and it can be hard to move even a small amount of the items there. Even tho it's been there since 2013 and has not been missed.

Got a surprising amount out of the space and th as it's a bank holiday, it's cheap to run the dishwasher and get the items bound for the homeless charities hygienically clean.

Even got the dog toys cleared and cleaned!

The F1 result today. Apologies to everyone that hasn’t seen it yet

When the Angelus bell rings and the dog next door starts deep long mournful howls as if he's feeling all the sins of humanity. 🤣🤣🤣

I feel that generally my mojo is coming back . About time 😷

• Advertisement

was typing in the TA thread about having mislaid a Rayban case, still had the glasses but the case had gone awol. As per usual the page crashes before I could post….

Can’t be arsed typing it again. Then 10 minutes later I decide to put away 3 winter jackets / coats that won’t be worn till later in the year, felt something in a pocket, it’s my missing case…..😅

Advertisement