Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2024 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Then yes they likely will need it, the 4 west is hardly enough to be on a separate string, (voltage wise)

Could you fit any more on the west? Then you could have them on a separate string altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes i could fit more would that negate the need for the optimisers?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Go for the Trina, they are both excellent quotes if you trust the installer. Do they have a good history of reviews?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

thanks for the feedback.

Yes a very reputable company with a significant list of excellent reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭con747

Just remember you will be tied to a very limited brand of batteries if you want to add them down the road with the Huawei inverter, just their own and LG I think.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I’m only starting into quotes now but has anyone considered that their roof might not last as long as the panels . I’m looking at my tegral slates and they are only in14 years and I’m thinking they won’t last another 15 .
    HAs anyone here gone with ground mounted and how much extra was that. I don’t mind doing prep work including concreting the area for the installers .

either way my first quote is at or above the 1,200 per kw .( roof mounted )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

4 kwH system (monoperc), 5.1 kwh battery for east and west facing roof, some overshading for 16,000 before grant.

Yeah most inverters have 2 string inputs, or mppt's, the south string can have 10, and then 5 or 6 on the west string. The extra panels would cost less than putting optimisers on it.

What inverter are they planning on using?

About twice what it should be so run. Use the calculator as a rough guide. http://davidhunt.ie/solar/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Okay I’ll talk to the installer about adding in an extra 2 without the optimisers. The inverter is the solis RHI-(3-6)K-48ES-5G

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Run a mile from them and don't look back. An absolutely outrageous, cowboy ripoff quote.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭DC999

Panels on the roof will protect the tiles under it. So the more roof space covered with solar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

It is for a family member. She would not be tech savy and she asked for no battery but they insisted a battery is compulsory. Sounds like overselling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Back like in the old days, where ethnic minorities persuaded you that you needed a new roof or tarmac driveway.

Stories like this make it a shame that you cannot name names (not like facebook pages)

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭tech

just after getting a quote for Solar, what do people think of the below price and spec

18 x Huasun Bifacial HJT 435 panels - 7.83kw

Solis 5KW Hybrid invertor,

5.3 KW WECO Battery

Eddi HOt water divertor

€9400 after grant

Looks good, I'm not sure how much benefit bifacial panels will be on a roof mounted system so maybe see if normal panels will bring the price down even more. If not it's still a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭tech

has anyone got any experience with Huasun panels>??

No experience with them but online searches don't show any red flags. Nearly all panels, if not all panels reputable suppliers use here are the same so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭fido_dido

What do you guys think about this quote. My house was built after 2021 so no grant.

12 x 430w panels 
        Hybrid inverter (this leaves you ready for battery in the future)
        Roof mounting equipment 
        All labour works
        All electrical testing and commissioning 
        Online monitoring to see each day exactly what your system is producing
        BER

Final price : 6900.

Another question, my house is already A2 rated would it make sense to get another BER done after getting panels installed. Could I just skip it save another 300 off the final price?

• Advertisement

Decent price, if you don't intend selling the house in the next 10 years not much point unless you just want to know how much the solar increases the rating. Put it into the quote calculator for a guide price. http://davidhunt.ie/solar/

No grant, no need for BER. Can always be done at a later date anyway if you ever need one. Ber only useful if selling/applying for grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Hi all,

I have a quote of 12,900 for:

• 5kWh 12 panel system (Jinko)
    • 5.1kWh battery (Dyness)
    • SoFar Solar inverter

Notes:

• It is a split system; 7 panels on the East roof, 5 in the West.
    • We do not qualify for the grant
    • We do have an EV
    • We will be home during the Summer so can take best advantage of the week or two sun we get (:p).

They approximate a yearly saving of 1800 euro with 70% usage and 30% being sold to the grid.

I am grateful for advice, and I am enjoying getting up to speed with the technology in recent weeks.

How does this sound?

Edit: David Hunts calculator says look elsewhere.

"No grant applicable. Using the rule of thumb of €1000 per kW of panels, €420 per kWh of battery, that should be about €9242 for that system (after grant). But it's only a rule of thumb. Just don't go above €1300 per kW of panels and €550 per kWh battery (ex VAT), which would give you €11405 after grant.Your quote is ending up at €12900 after grant, which is €3658 beyond what I'd consider ballpark, and €1495 beyond the upper limit of value. Look elsewhere."

What wattage are the panels? Input the details in the quote calculator for a rough estimate. http://davidhunt.ie/solar/

Use this to see what the generation will be. https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/

It is a 5kWh system, so that works out to around 410 per panel. They said 5kWh was the max you could get for residential, or something along those lines.

I provided the text to the solar quote analyser, which seemed quite clear!

That EU calculator will take some time for me to figure out, but thank you.

The only restriction on system size for the NC6 is the inverter size and export limit AFAIK but you can over size the system depending on orientations of the panels and the specs of them.   https://www.esbnetworks.ie/new-connections/generator-connections-group/micro-generators-

Thank you. The quote I got seems more expensive than what I am seeing on this thread, but perhaps only by around 1000 or so but I look forward to some opinions from yourself and other experts.

I will contact a few more installers.

What do the brands sound like?

Nothing wrong with the brands there, a lot here have them all with no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paulos

Here's a quote I got for a similar size system.

It's the lowest quote I've gotten so far.

12 x 435w panels ( Client can select their Tier 1panel of choice -Jinko, Longi, Trina)

• 5 x Tigo optimisers

• 1x Solis Hybrid inverter (5.5kVA).

• K2 Germany Roof mounting equipment

• WECO 5.3kWh (EU battery)

€6,960 after grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭fido_dido

I got an quote from *******
    Couldn't find any reviews as such for the installer. Ads came up as I was scrolling and decided to get a quote.

12x Trina BiFacial Vertex S+ N type 430W solar panel
    Libbi 5kW Hybrid + 5kWh Battery Bundle inverter
    Eastron SDM120A Single Phase Energy Meter
    Set of PV warning labels / stickers
    ThinkWe 4 Pole (2-string) Fire Safety Switch
    2x PEAS69-EL32R-4 32a 4 Pole AC Iso
    2x PEDSC100R-EL32R-4 32A 4Pole Iso
    4x MC4 4mm Connector Pair
    100m reel of 4mm2 solar cable
    12x K2 black universal end clamp
    18x K2 black universal mid clamp
    12x K2 end cap for light rail
    30x K2 slate/flat tile roof hook
    30x Genius retrofit
    30x K2 T-bolt M10 x 30
    30x K2 hexagon flange nut M10
    6x K2 light rail connector
    2x K2 Spax screw 8x80 (box of 50)
    8x K2 light rail 3650mm
    Integrated with existing EV charger.

All for 8100 without grant.

This by far seems the cheapest that I have got with battery.

Post edited by Jonathan on

Advertisement