Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatians attacked in Dublin, one man dead - read OP before posting

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"It wasn't my fault judge, the housing crisis made me do it"

What a load of arse.

It's a pathetic, irrelevant excuse for what is just outright thuggery, and everyone knows it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Teach thugs about armed and unarmed combat. What could possibly go wrong?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

There's a certain type of left wing person who stays silent when violent crime is committed by underprivileged people.

But when people are kicked to death by posh lads, they're all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Are there really? There was one case of posh buys beating someone to death 20 odd years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rugbyf565

nuke clondalkin at this stage tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just watch social media and you’ll see. I have a good few FB acquaintances that are outraged when a middle class person is up before the courts. However they’re silent on light sentencing for repeat offenders & will regularly make excuses for bad behaviour.

Around the same time as the Blackrock boys case, a Swedish flower seller was kicked to death in Co Wexford. The accused were working class and got even lighter sentences than the Anabel’s four. Absolutely no outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ice Albatross

Firstly I'd say that the scumbags that did this deserve far worse than the Irish justice system can these days give them

As to why they were killed, saying that it was because they weren't speaking English is surely not strictly true

The guy who survived basically had amnesia so unfortunately can't fully rely on what he says

Did the altercation start because they scumbags noticed they were not speaking English? Most likely

Even for the worst scumbags though, if the two lads just left or said nothing back I'd find it hard to imagine they would have been followed

Speculating here, but I'd say if there was a confrontation the two Croatian lads weren't having any of it (rightly so)

I could imagine a sequence of events that the scumbags were shown up and had to back down, as they were afraid of the size of the fellas

At least one of them a known summer/drug dealer so could have felt his reputation was at stake, rang up some of his scumbag heavy friends and followed the croations to jump them

So while the altercation could have started with the scumbags giving abuse to the croations for speaking a foreign language, it may not be the reason they followed

And while it might be a good idea for foreigners not to speak in a foreign language if they are in the vicinity of the absolute scum of the earth, of which there are a lot of in Dublin (the same way many people would make sure not to make eye contact, get involved with them) there's no need to think there's gangs roving the street looking for people not speaking English

In that case they'd just target people who are obviously not of Irish heritage black/Asian etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How is it that you know more than the person who was actually there?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ice Albatross

Speculating obviously

The one person we have testimony from said he couldn't remember a thing that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Not true, he's quite detailed in his statements about the earlier stages leading up to the assault and why they were targeted.

• Advertisement

FFS. You are making excuses for scumbags committing murder. Get a grip.

Some very cheap throwaway comments about Clondalkin in this thread.

I've lived in Clondalkin village for 21 years now, my wife has lived here all her life. It's a quiet, peaceful area with people from countries all over the world.

Clondalkin village is actually very middle class and the house values reflect this. Definitely 100k dearer than where I grew up, in spite of being further out!

It seems when anything bad happens, Clondalkin encompasses anywhere between the N4 and the N81. Neilstown has its own Garda station, Ronanstown has its own Garda station, that's where most of the nastiness and drug stuff happens, they're not Clondalkin except on RTE News.

Clondalkin is very multi-cultural and has been for a long time, it remans to be seen where these scumbags are based and where the nazi they phoned up is based…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What do you mean?

Lots of decent people from Clondalkin.

Where are the two Garda Stations in Neilstown? Only know of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

What's really disturbing is that they're "kids" ! Many have had the benefit of Garda youth diversion programmes and still behave like savages ! They know their juvenile record is expunged once their adults and now have a clean slate to carry on offending , while their victims like the girl who lost an eye are forced to live with life changing injuries and a daily reminder that these savages will never think of her , and the real insult is the "sentences " these savages are given by disgusting judges !

? I said one in Neilstown and one in Ronanstown. I drive past the latter 5 days a week ferrying my kids and one of their friends to school, this place is so f**ked up it has no English language co-educational secondary school, and has no multi-denominational primary school either.

As a parent your choices are : an all-girls secondary school run by an RC religious order with a history of child abuse. An all-boys secondary school run by an RC religious order with a history of child abuse.

So I am obliged to drive my kids to Lucan. Hello Eamon, your so-called partners in government are **** things up because tradition.

There is not a Garda Station in Neilstown.

There is only one Garda Station in the area and that is Ronanstown.

👍️ so you claimed it was two, now you're only claiming one, grand job.

you claimed there were two, not me.

said I only know of one (Ronanstown) and asked you where were the two.

Unless one has opened very recently and is not listed as a Garda station yet, there is only the one station there has always been.

Your post says there is a Garda Station in Neilstown and Ronanstown and that’s factually incorrect.

It does matter in the context of this thread as there are not enough Gardai for an area the size of Clondalkin, which, as you say covers a wide area. It’s been an issue for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope all involved are got and fully prosecuted even the minor teenagers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭suvigirl

There are Garda stations in Clondalkin, Ballyfermot, Lucan and Ronanstown.

Not enough Gardai though

Thhere are Garda stations in Clondalkin, Ballyfermot, Lucan, Ronanstown,

There are not 2 in the general Neilstown area, which is what the poster said.

Ronanstown Garda station are notoriously bad for getting back to anyone - just too busy.

The Gardai have bigger priorities now, like locking up people coming in with the wrong paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Charges have been filed, this is now before the courts.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement