Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatians attacked in Dublin, one man dead - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭lmao10

Talked to more eastern europeans I know today and they expressed some fear about speaking in their native languages. Sadly they are even scared to be heard speaking English with an accent. Sad state of affairs in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The lack of interest in this disgusting case is very telling.

Prime Time tonight might actually kick start a shift. Not a word out of the usual do gooders.

Presumably because it happened in Clondalkin and not in Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

oh I’ll sleep fine anyways thanks pal.
    No update on any media as to these A-holes being I.D’d so don’t know where u got your info from. (Although I hope you’re correct)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I posted it around 3 posts before your post and don't call me pal please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

It is sad....and per the AGS statement, we do not have Hate Crime legislation in this country. No wonder 'Hate for entertainment' is so prolific.

And what about the landlord they changed the locks on the property making the other victint homeless. I was shocked they could be so selfish and insensitiv. Thats not right.

Maybe it's because it was first reported (in media) as possibly being drugs or gang related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Yet they cared enough about gang/ drug feud to have armed Garda outside the homes of Hutch family members for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm only hearing about this tonight. So the media must have been very quiet on the attacks/death or else I'm under a rock all week.

I'm absolutely repulsed by the lack of outrage from the media/public.

Are these attacks/murders just being accepted as part of the norm in our society now?

If it was an Irish woman attacked/killed in Stillorgan on her way home from a night out with a friend, it would bring a backlash of disgust.

The irony is, I'd wager that these Croatian men probably contributed more to Irish society than the absolute cowardly pond life cretins who attacked them.

Rest in peace to the young man and hopes of a full recovery to his friend.

To thine own self be true

Even after being killed they did more than the scum that allegedly killed him.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/croatian-man-killed-brutal-dublin-28975140

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Starting to think we should go down the El Salvador root. Have a mass crackdown and raid areas in Clondalkin and Tallaght and round up all these groups of scumbag teenagers, get them into prison and strip them to their underwear and have them in handcuffs crouched down on their honkers. I do not want to associate in the same country as the scum who did this, I reject them as humans.

• Advertisement

Where was it reported these were (scum) teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think any juvenile who starts to present to authorities and is deemed to be on a trajectory to scumbaggery should be sent to a special wing of the army where they put these runts through 6 months of unpaid bootcamp.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It does expose the myth that the Irish far right hate only refugees and asylum seekers. Croatia is a full EU member and yet the usual suspects are coming out with their usual disgusting bile when discussing this case on social media.

Yep, it’s the lack of a reaction to this killing from the government that is utterly shocking to me. Not a single tweet or press release from Helen McEntee to give her condolences to the Croatian family and condemn the attack. We have a precarious situation right now where it is extremely dangerous for any foreign national of any background, ethnicity, language— to wander into the wrong area. The Croatian man wasn’t even alone either, he had a friend with him.

Even my friend who is white and Irish was hit with a bike lock and knocked out cold to the curb on camden street last year by a gang of youths who took his phone and wallet. Crime is the central issue of the next election and this government want to hide away from it. This idea of it being ‘politically incorrect’ to call out the obvious issue—that gangs of working class youth are inherently violent and are committing heinous crimes—is ludicrous.

Should be mandatory military conscription if you don’t have a college degree or finish your apprenticeship or have a full time job, or have a committed a violent juvenile crime.

The current situation is definitely alarming. The Irish far right on social media would be the direct equivalent of the former National Front and Combat 18 in the UK - their rhetoric and hate speech sounds identical. You'd wonder where all this is heading…..will one of them try and kill a TD or minister at some point?

Fair play to Prime Time for highlighting the case anyway and interviewing the young Croatian woman in studio. It's about time we reclaimed our country from the absolute dregs of our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I remember hearing of this attack on Easter Sunday news bulletins and then hearing that one of the men sadly passed away a few days later in hospital. Then total media silence, until today(Thursday). Why are the media only really starting to pick up on it now? More than 2 weeks later. Or have I missed something?

There was very little in the initial reports, but when you read this, it's shocking. That was a savage attack. There's no place in civilised society for the dregs who perpetrated this unprovoked, cowardly, vicious, xenophobic attack.

And you have to wonder how often attacks like this happen, but don't get media attention unless someone dies.

You'd wonder where all this is heading…..will one of them try and kill a TD or minister at some point?

honestly an attack on a politician doesn’t sound that far-fetched at this stage. I’ve seen how aggressive these people are to them on Twitter and in real life. As you said, it is completely alarming how fast they’ve mobilised their force on the streets, and the scary thing is that a lot of it is disorganised, decentralised and scattered gangs, impossible to predict when they will carry out their next attack. One thing is certain is that clown Elon has accelerated the violence with his algorithms and his tweets compelling Irish fascists to go out and ‘fight’.

The harsh reality is yes we will need more surveillance and more cameras everywhere as dystopian as it sounds it’s the only way to gather evidence to get convictions. What strikes me is how angry these people are, filled with an uncontrollable rage which they want to project onto politicians and onto foreign nationals. Saw a video the other day of even Eoin O’Broin being confronted by these lunatics “EOIN DEFINE WHAT IS A WOMEN? YE CANT DO IT YE **** CLOWN”. They’re brazen, fearless and wreckless. It’s still hard to believe the capital city burned down a few months ago,

Mr. Varadkar would have you believe everything’s going great because ‘the economy looks good’. The fact the Gardai didn’t listen, confiscated the injured man’s phone and suspected the Croatian man ‘had to have been a drug dealer’, simply because he was attacked by a gang of youths is deplorable, and it speaks to the deep lying racist attitudes/suspicions in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

don’t tell me to “sleep safe tonite” (bizzare) and I fully agree not to call u pal

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Poon Tang

People focusing on so-called "far right" among what appears to be low life unintelligent scum, who usually struggle to organise basic stuff in their own lives, never mind orchestrate some well thought out hate movement.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if attacks like this have more to do with rampant drug use and people just being off their heads on some insane levels of powerful substances. But of course, with drug use being another political hot potato, nobody wants to go there and touch that growing epidemic in our society. People used to drink a bit too much, and get in punch ups in our society… but the combination of these other drugs is making many people act in much more extreme ways. I think we're sleep walking into something very worrying in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'm sure we could do without training violent criminals how to be more effective. The army is a career to serve your country, not a dumping ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,608 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Reading the witness account this sounds very much like an execution.

Hopefully the judiciary treat it as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭csirl

This was a foreseen crime that should have been prevented. There has been an upsurge in drug dealing in the Tower Road area which is attracting all sorts from outside the area. The area in and around the Garda Statiion in patticular has become very dodgy as has the Tesco car park up the street. Its now common to see large groups of late teens completely out of their heads.

In the days in and around this incident there were numerous other incidents or "near misses' of people being hastled, chased etc The problem is still persisting - was in the Tesco car park earlier this week and didnt leave my car for about 15mins until the group moved down the street. I could see one member in particular eyeing me up when I parked the car.

Place has a load of Garda cameras and has a lsrge Garda station. When you drive by the Garda Station you can see a full room of people watching Sky Sports on a large screen while all this is going on immediately outside

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yes.

The far right scum had massive posters outside Roderic OGormans house last night. The same group are heading to Mount Street tonight. More racist murders and a Jo Cox situation are inevitable.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This was a racist far right murder. End of story. Your attempts to deny, deflect and derail are pathetic.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Similar attack in Limerick. Attacked with a bat because he is Brazilian.

Terry Pratchet

People should really give a little bit of thought as to whether to go to the anti-refugee protests around the country - every time a person attends one, they are lending credibility to these dangerous far right extremists with the masked faces (those wasters insist they have the support of the public).

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭csirl

If this group had beaten a local person to death would we be calling it racist? While the peopke involved may well be racist, was this a targeted racist attack? What if it had been me (see earlier post)? I'm white Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

if it was you it wouldn't be a racist attack. did you read the details of the case?

• Advertisement

If a white Irish person was deliberately targeted and murdered because they are white and Irish then yes that would be racist.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement