Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)

Options
1111112113114115117»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Guests are paying to use the jacuzzi just like regular members, if anything their contribution for that day is much higher.

The only reasons jacuzzis are really viable for a gym is a hotel to pay for them. Public jacuzzis are gross anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

About resetting the machine you're sharing: if I'm working in with someone, I try to inconvenience them as little as possible, so I try to remember what weight they had their's at, and what seat setting etc., and after I finish my set I set it back to their settings. But sometimes I don't remember what they had it at so I don't bother sometimes, but I usually try. If it's the other way around, it doesn't bother me if they don't reset it back to my settings, but if they're taking ages to do theirs, like longer than my rest period, I'd get pissed off. I've come across the rare occasions where I'd let someone work in, but they'd be doing IDK 50 reps or whatever (they had no concept of sets), my clock would be going over my rest period, and I'd be fuming 🤣. But that hardly ever happens.

About his towel, well if he's letting you share, he'll take his towel with him, otherwise you can just rest his towel on some part of the machine.

And if he starts saying he's only got 4 sets left (i.e. PFO till I'm finished), I'd say "well are you having a rest between sets, because I can do my set in 15 seconds" and then they've not really got an answer for that and they end up (reluctantly) having to let you in.

About the filming in gyms: I'd be against it usually, unless it's a temporary video to check form/technique. My gym has the no videography signs up, but if you're videoing your form then none of the staff mind that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I love sitting in people soup. Especially when a plaster is floating around in it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

All the crusty skin flakes. Super healthy, basically full of collagen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 AndB456

Well it turns out the machine hogger is just an arse.

I was trying to give him the benefit of doubt in that he wasn't fully aware of how annoying he was being. I watched someone asking to use one of his machines this morning and while he did let your man on he got super huffy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭corks finest

Self8sh cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

In the gym earlier today and this guy ( early twenties I reckon) spent most of his time just sitting at the leg extension machine,only occasionally doing some actual lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,433 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The other day I walked over to a bit of free floor space near where a guy was doing deadlifts to do some planks but the second I touched the floor noticed an almighty stench. The fella was barefoot and either his feet or runners were the source. Had to abandon that side of the room. Would people mention it to someone in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭reclose

That machine and chest fly machines seem to attract lazy people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I personally wouldn't care if I was in the background of the video, if I'm on holidays and people are taking photographs of a tourist attraction, I'm probably going to end up in the background at some stage, those watching the video or looking at a photo won't notice a stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Man in this photo was taken in

This guy is Ken Shimizu. He is 35 years old. He has 2 children.

Shimizu never runs. Sleeps late.
    Eats whatever he wants. Even drinks beer instead of water. Eat dinner with many kinds of food every night.

What does Shimizu do to get such a body?

Shimizu doesn't have any secrets....Shimizu is the person sitting in the bottom left corner of the photo.

As for the man standing in the middle..
    I'm not sure

Had a short session there now while the little one is next door in dance class, amuses me how some guys need to check themselves out after every set, guy today ( good not amazing shape) spent more time in mirror than a young Mick Jagger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,433 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The other day there were two young lads blocking most of the changing room gawking at themselves flexing in the mirror, telling each other how good their biceps looked and what they thought the perfect length of t-shirt sleeve was too show them off. Had to leave when they started sharing protein shake recipes. Bizarre behaviour

Surely you should have jotted down the protein recipe. Clearly the secret to the bicep success…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Back in a public gym for the first time in 7 years. Had been working out at home.

Anyway guy asks me how many I've left, said 2, and he said okay I'll just be over there, to which I gave him a 'what you talking about Willis' look.

Was he taking the mick or did he really expect me to go and fetch him when I'd finished? Which would have been hardly 3 minutes later. Is this a new thing since I've been away because I've never seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,898 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

on two machines one after another that were just disgusting in the manner users had left them. If you spill or cough whatever drink… the longest walk from any machine to the sanitizer station is about 15 seconds tops…. Respect staff, fellow clients and the equipment…. CLEAN YOUR MESS…It was some pale looking protein type almost gloopy liquid…. So I’m highly suspecting the same messy gimp, not nice.

• Advertisement

He was asking you to give him a shot when he finished. Not really uncommon, and not particularly recent. Kinda goes hand in hand with asking how many left, can I work in and other polite queries/requests/

You don't have to give him a heads up, but given he asked politely, most people would. Obviously not expected to go searching for the guy high and low, but with the presumption he is nearby and takes a few seconds to say "I'm all done", it's kind of rude not to imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

I think that's a bit of a leap tbh.

I would think he was letting you know where he was so that if someone else was to ask to use the machine when you were finished that you could nod towards him and say that he has been waiting.

I think that's a bit of a leap tbh.

I agree. A bit entitled. A millennial perhaps? 🤣 But seriously, if I was in a good mood I might consider letting him know when I'm finished, otherwise I'd be thinking that it's up to him to find out.

I would think he was letting you know where he was so that if someone else was to ask to use the machine when you were finished that you could nod towards him and say that he has been waiting.

Exactly 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭reclose

I was in the almost reverse situation this morning.
    Asked someone if they had many sets left, they said they didn’t know. I said ok no problem and walked away.
    I was doing another exercise and they gestured over to me when they’d finished.

I’d consider that fairly normal.

Advertisement