Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Quote where I mentioned laws or legality then.

I spoke about the perception of gyms as public spaces. I spoke about RULES in gyms not laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭bren2001

What relevance is it if the gym is a public place or not then? None, the entire discussion started with someone asking about the law, it framed the entire discussion including everything you said.

Nobody denied a gym couldn’t have rules. They can do what they want.

Pure nonsense from yourself now.

It's relevant inasmuch as gyms are entitled to enforce their own rules.

I never argued the point of legality at any juncture, yet you feel you have the right to say I did and then accuse me of posting nonsense when you can't even get your facts straight.

Pot, kettle.

That doesn’t explain the relevance of if a gym is a public place or not. Nobody said they can’t have their own rules.

You’re making it up as you go along now. It’s just derailing the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭reclose

let’s drop the recording issue. Its ruining the thread now.

• Advertisement

Agree with the posts on people trying to use more than one piece of equipment at once. I have several people like that in my gym.
    Some people are cool when you ask to work in but some seem entitled and think you are out of order for it.

Also agree with people standing too close to or using the dumbbell rack for exercise. I passive aggressively try walk between them and the rack occasionally to let them know they are blocking it off from people.

oh I saw another annoying one this morning. Using a rack for bar bell bench presses when the actual purpose built bench presses were free.
    Basically taking up a rack unnecessarily in my opinion.

I've been consistent with my posting.

Not sure why you felt the need to prolong that discussion.

I walked 5 meters from a cable last night to get an attachment, gone ten seconds, came back to a guy adjusting the same piece of equipment for himself, throwing the attachment that was on the cable on top of my water bottle while standing on my towel. Said he didn't realise anyone was using it.

He then gets onto another machine and starts using the one next to it while leaving his stuff on the first one. Place was busy, just finish with one thing and go onto the next, so yeah tying up two pieces of equipment at once is a crappy thing to do particularly when the gym is busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I often use the rack for benching. Most gyms purpose built for benching benches don’t have safety arms

Post edited by Dtp1979 on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Or the bench presses are just shite with terrible pin positions or too narrow etc

I use the safety rack all the time for bench and shoulder pressing!

It's not a squat rack it's just a rack it's multi purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,117 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The legality was questioned. Somebody said it was illegal. I pointed out that it wasn't illegal as it's a public space. That all I clarified. Pretty simple

You've spent multiple posts disagreeing with me. You said gym polices decimate my point. What point was decimated exactly? What were you disagreeing with if not the point on legality? As that was the only thing I actually claimed.

Are you really trying yo deny you ever disagreed with me. haha

Put simply, you don't get to go into any business and do what you like. You're on private property and you either behave within the rules of the establishment or leave.

Nobody in the thread has claimed that being a public space means you can do what ever you like. Obviously the question about the legality, was in relation to people doing it in gyms where is is not banned.

I never argued that point.

Read the posts again, I never mentioned legality, I spoke about private property and rules enforced by businesses and gyms.

I'm pretty sure everyone is tired of this by now. You can PM me if you like.

you never argued that point??? 😂😂

Thanks for proving my point about people getting mixed up. No need to keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

Is this the first example is recent memory of Dublin not winning a red card appeal?

Did they hire a cheaper barrister or what?

No I never said anything about legality. All my posts are there to be read, you can't quote me saying anything about legality because I didn't. You're just being obstinate now.

Like I said you can PM me if you like, everyone is tired of this back and forth.

The entire discussion was whether it was a public spaces and this legal. The posts are there, multiple posters have agreed with me and pointed out your repeated pivots.

I’m happy to leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Will yee give over, please. No one is interested in this and it's making shite of the thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod Note: That's not very polite, please try to be more polite. Thanks

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Filming yourself in the gym and being respectful of people who don't want to be in the video can co-exist. They don't have to be mutually exclusive and it doesn't have to be polarising.

Mod Note Again: Can we move on from the filming discussion.

Nice to see you again @Alf Veedersane

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

My gum states no photos ,no recordings end of

• Registered Users Posts: 26 AndB456

There is a guy in my gym who holds onto two machines at the same time (throws a towel on one).

He's usual only there on one of the days I'm there but it's really starting to become an issue as he takes so long on one machine while the other is "on hold" I figured yesterday I could have got in two sets with a rest before he came back to the machine I wanted to use. I get that I just need to ask him if I can use it between his sets but this guy is huge and I'm not great at any type of confrontation…if he says no, is that it? Also, he leaves a huge towel on the machine so if you are cutting in where would you put it? If sharing a machine, is it a given that you change your own weight and not reset back to his?

It doesn't help that yesterday at the same time he was holding two machines there was a couple using two machines together, however the man was doing much more sets than the woman so she would sit on her machine till he was finished and then they would swap.

I still got what I need to do done but it was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Saw a big lad earlier in the week working on a preacher curl who insisted on getting up for a good walk around after each set. Unfortunately, he seemingly had nothing on him to leave behind to indicate he might be back so had to (on multiple occasions) remove the daring young pretenders seeking out his throne.

Think he actually enjoyed it!

Also, fwiw took this photo which indicates Flyefit's fairly reasonable policy on recording.

It's absolutely fine to ask people to share, it's called "working in". If he says no, he's being a gimp.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hes a effing ignoramus

Go to the instructor and complain or ask for signs to be put up,

There's signs in the market arena gym ref photos,hogging machines etc

Can't see why they're not up in all gyms,

He sounds a selfish cnut

If he tried to remove me, he would have been told where to go. If you walk away from a machine and leave nothing to mark you're using it, it's a free machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Kingslayer

I used to go to a gym and leisure centre that was part of a hotel. I hated it when a group of hotel guests would just plonk themselves in the jacuzzi for a couple of hours which meant nobody else could use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Kingslayer

People coming straight from a sweaty workout in the gym and getting into the pool or jacuzzi without showering first

Advertisement