Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatians attacked in Dublin, one man dead - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭anewme

what exactly do you mean here

If you know the answer, can you enlighten me?

Are you going to the vigil yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

the poor man was beaten to death for being foreign and not speaking english

…by one or more thugs who no doubt have a long list of criminal convictions and yet they were free. That's the root cause for this murder, not racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

So the fact that their motives were clearly driven by racist, xenphobic views is not the root cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,840 ✭✭✭Cordell

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Rugbyf565

What is it about the current generation of kids from the likes of Clondalkin/Tallaght/Crumlin/Finglas/Darndale/Blanch/Ballyfermot/Inner-city that’s made them so vicious/violent/hostile to complete strangers. They also don’t give a **** about the consequences of their actions. The stats back this up too—Dublin has the highest rate of reoffending, with 55% of those released from prison reoffending within three years. Additionally, Violent crime in Dublin increased by 6% in 2020. Why is there so much anger bubbling under the surface? It’s like a lot of them are consumed by a quasi-rage & power-omnipotence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Baba Yaga

i think its because theres no consquences at all for their actions,even if whoever did this is caught it will be more or less a slap on the wrist,be a good lad and try not to do it again…

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Rugbyf565

The thing that really shocks me is that they travel in packs into areas of Dublin or the city centre where they don’t live in order to actively seek out victims. In the US it’s a case of ‘don’t venture into X area’, you’ll be grand if you avoid certain areas as the criminals only stay within those areas and they’ll leave people alone when they’re outside their home area. But over here in Dublin it seems the young criminals are actively looking for trouble and for targets to set their sights on and will travel 30 minutes to do it. They hop on public transport and run a muck.

Its a way for the good people of Clondalkin to show their empathy, support and solidarity to the family of Josip.

Will you be going your goodself?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You're really trying your best to deny racism here. Shameful.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Dublin is bad, but I dont think its just Dublin.

It's everywhere in the Country - Cork, Limerick, Dundalk, Drogheda, Kildare, Longford, Galway, Sligo, in fact everywhere.

There is no consequences for their actions, they think they are above the law.

• Advertisement

A protest can be done in many ways.

I'm sure Josips friends and family will appreciate the support shown by the local community though.

Did it say anything about the nationality of the perpetrators as yet? I did not believe they were caught yet?

Well you said "we all know the answer as to why there is no protests in Clondalkin"

I don't know the answer and and clearly you do, so I am asking you what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can anyone give an example of a case where a non-national was murdered by a Irish native with no prevous convictions, of hitherto good standing, employed or has prospects, who murdered a non-national for no reason other than racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Musicrules

This kind of attack will become more common with the growing anti immigrant movement. Some foreign nationals are facing abuse anyway but physical attacks will continually grow because of the growth in support for the far right. I've said this in another thread but it's not just violent scumbags emerging with anti immigrant sentiment. More and more Irish people are coming out and feeling more comfortable announcing their racism. They've got the impression that it's somehow ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭lmao10

Ironically, you think these same lads who have this type of negative opinion on Eastern Europeans in Ireland are your allies. Just make sure you don't speak in your native language in certain areas due to the indigenous Irish scumbags. If they hear you, you could be killed like the Croatian lad. Don't even let them hear you speaking English with an accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭lmao10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It's such a shame then, that pro immigration posters/people ignored every warning that they were given for the last ten years about this inevitable conclusion. The "far right" got their steam because of the recklessness of the other side.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

I’m asking you what you “alluded” to?

You said there was no protests and we all know why and I said there was a vigil.

But you said you know why there are no protests. I don’t know why that is, so it’s a perfectly reasonable question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Death penalty needs to reinstated for the most heinous crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

That's some messed up logic. Victim blaming really.

Akin to: "We told those woman for years that they shouldn't have worn those short skirts. This horrible rape was inevitable"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

people were warned that Croatians working and contributing would be beaten to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Deleted

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

yes I think the same but there are anti immigration protests and racists in all areas,

There was an anti immigration protest in Clondalkin before- crowd came from Cork to stir it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Musicrules

What do you mean? It was inevitable that foreign nationals would be attacked and some killed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement