Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Losing the free match was a kick in the nads. But in theory you have up to 3 opt outs now in hurling.

If you attend the 4 round robin matches plus the final in Munster or 5 round robin in Leinster, you qualify without attending any more games (Leinster Final, AIQF, AISF)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LilNiall

I think I remember some talk of "Championship" Season tickets being mentioned at the start of the year. Is this no longer happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Even if you attended 6 championship matches you would still have people saying you don't deserve a ticket. For example judging by social media this week no-one deserves a ticket for the Derry Donegal match unless they had travelled to Tralee in January or went to the McKenna cup matches.

Even if you did go to those matches they would then say you don't deserve it as you aren't an Under 11 coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

if you have 2 season tickets on one a/c is it possible not to buy 1 for one match and then not buy 1 for a different match and still qualify.
    Theres no way of knowing which one is which. No seperate a/c number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Christ almighty this is brutal, imagine having the opportunity to follow a team like Derry

• Advertisement

who gives 2 F’s what people on social media think. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,851 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres a certain beauty to the new system as it evens things up

On one extreme, if you are a Cavan fan and you magically end up getting to the All ireland final, thats a run of 4 provincial championship games, 3 round robbin, probable prelim quarter, quarter and semi to get to the final . In total 10 (TEN) games.

The likes of Kerry or Roscommon have 2 less provincial games and another game less if they avoid the prelim all ireland quarter by being first in the round robbin, so just 7 games to qualify for the all ireland final.

With the "skip one" system, a Cavan fan would have 9 games to pay for to get an all ireland final ticket, with Kerry just 6 games. At least with the "pick 6" system you do not have a penalty for your county having more games. Everyone pays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Terrace Tickets only for the Munster Football Final is a bit of a kick in the balls to be honest.

A lot of people have the Season Tickets to guarantee a Stand Ticket (not always possible) which is useful for Elderly and very young supporters.

I was looking forward to the atmosphere in Ennis but with a 3 year old in tow it isn't right to bring him to the terrace.

Not much to be done, but I would have expected a few tickets to be allocated to Season Ticket holders on a first come first served basis.

Presumably it was the same for the Limerick v Clare hurling game last week?

Is there 4,000 seats in Cusack Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Presumably the problem here is a home and away arrangement for a final, which would not happen in other provinces. Limerick or Thurles would have more seated accommodation as neutral venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Funny enough Clare are one of the counties in Munster that Kerry don't have a home and away arrangement with for Munster Finals.

The Great Limerick Run is on in Limerick on the 5th so it can't go ahead in Limerick so they tossed a coin.

Its not the end of the world it's just a minor irritation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭Trampas

€40 for a Leinster final ticket. That won’t do anything to get people to go. The atmosphere yesterday in Croke Park was dead. Leinster council need to open their eyes and move every game bar the final out of Dublin. Even if 15000 turn up in o moore or o Connor park is better than 25000 in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,266 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The price point definitely needs to be looked at. Those prices were fine for people when games were spread out. Under the revised condensed calendar, people are under more pressure.

im not paying that this year. Havent missed a game in years when ive been in the country.
    This is the 1st time since 2004 im simply opting out.
    Its too much non competitive game and a possible 7 games to play after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How they can't see this is just madness.

This is now 95euro each for myself and the brother in 4 weeks. It's absolutely unsustainable at this time of the year. And they wonder why crowds are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Some people saying it will be a 100 for an AI ticket this year.

I’m sure most people wouldn’t mind paying €100 for final if previous rounds where cheaper. I think prices are about €10 to much per game

Under 12 or 16 should be free for all games bar AI finals. I’d even get rid of assigned seats for the vast majority of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,851 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The season ticket is of questionable value for many counties, but I am seeing some whinging that people who "go to games regularily" have no access to Ulster final tickets in Armagh or Donegal so in fairness, the season ticket does have its advantages now and again even if its not saving you much.

Similarly the Donegal v Tyrone semi final was a sellout in Celtic Park and if you are someone going to county games and not involved in the local club scene, the only way you'd be getting your hands on a ticket would be as a season ticket holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 liongard822

Wonder when we will see the Championship packages and how that relates to Season Tickets?

As posted above Derry and Donegal had 628 tickets between them, yet both of these teams would have got free admission to the league finals, which makes the season ticket somewhat worth it. Donegal have 3 full house game in Ulster and will have a game against either Derry or Tyrone in the groups and there won't be much space at those games either.

However, in the Internet age the GAA does know who buys tickets and some weight should be given to this, not depriving the U-11 coach of a ticket but from the thousands of tickets which go to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,266 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is madness.

21,000 in Croke Park last Sunday at €30 a ticket, how many at €20 a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, it was the same for the hurling. A little frustrating but it is what it is unfortunately with the way the stadium is. Nowhere near that amount of seats in Cusack Park - there are sideline seats in front of the stand but they don't use them for season ticket holders either - presume they have to be able to guarantee all holders the same type of seat if they did?

At least there should be a good atmosphere for the football final for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭IanVW

Has anyone tried to get in on a season ticket juvenile ticket. My young lad cant go and my da ws hoping he could use the ticket instead. It doesnt show the word juvenile on the ticket

Thanks in advance

Try the exchange and you can get the option to buy a ticket. So then you could buy an adult ticket anywhere else and sit in juvenile seat if in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

you should be fine , the younger generation , lets say u25 here in clare regularly buy juvenile tickets for games in cusack park in the munster championship for a 5er and get in no bother especially if its busy as it takes too long to check all tickets

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the 3 game match package has appeared as a button in my account, but separate from ‘redeem match tickets’ not sure it’s going to count toward season ticket matches. Anyone got an email yet about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 liongard822

Nothing in mine as yet.

Without those three games, most teams could only qualify for the 6 games required for the football if there was a preliminary quarter-final. And if your team is in a preliminary QF you probably won't reach the AI final anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

check, yes I know this, I just want to be sure get the credit for buying them this way.

• Advertisement

Confirmed. The credits do count.

Advertisement