Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Good seats isn’t a benefit - I got Cusack 301 - actually past the goal line. Contacted them to see could they switch but no way - the best seats went to clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

Yeah that’s complete bull alright, seats were good initially but gradually got worse as the years wore on.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭C4000

Renewed mine there, there is no doubt the value has gone massively down. You are guaranteed 5 league matches in hurling which translates to 90 euro....the other 50 euro is basically for the guarantee of being able to buy tickets. Last year you got two championship matches included.

But I'm still willing to pay it rather than face the potential scramble for tickets if we get to Munster or all ireland finals. Ended up paying crazy money for all ireland tickets in 2021 when the season tickets were suspended.

I'd say county boards would be happy to see the end of the season ticket so that they can resume control of distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭C4000

Maybe I was lucky, but I had half way line seats for every game last year with the season ticket, including all ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Quitelife

It’s very poor value now with the free championship matchs gone , as a Limerick hurling supporter the only real benefit is a ticket to Ennis match , hardly worth paying a season ticket for that one fixture. The season ticket kind of made you go but now I’ll pick and choose Going to be quite a few not renewing I would think .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 popeye mchuge

It really has been stripped back. No seating group ( which was brilliant) now no first round of the championship. Its hard to see the value of the Season ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder what the GAAs excuse will be for dropping the Championship games in the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ULEZ23

One of the benefits on todays email is

• “Dedicated fans will be entitled to All-Ireland Final tickets.“

almost sounds like they will track attendance??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

They mean fans who pay for every game excluding the 1 championship game you can skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

The football opt out is basically voided now with the extra game that has to be bought. I’ve two adult ones but it’s a 13 year old that goes to most of the game with me now. Have to buy two adult tickets for each champ game

First time I’m considering not renewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

Hurling available for Wexford, Westmeath, Waterford, Tipperary, Offaly, Limerick, Kilkenny, Galway, Dublin, Cork, Clare and Antrim.

7 of those counties have made the final in the last 23 years.

This is hilariously bad value for around half the eligible counties who have no realistic chance of making the final. Why would someone from Antrim deliberately choose to make a financial loss?

Edit: apparently an increase in league ticket prices from €18 to €20 is being considered. (€15 in 2022)

All Ireland Final tickets arent as hard get as they used be would be my read of it. The dropping of the free championship ticket is taking the bit of value out of it and giving 2 fingers to the long standing loyal supporter, its removing two tickets for hurling season ticket holders and reducing price by a tenner.

Clearly its very comfortable off people or people who dont pay for any tickets decided the new season ticket parameters.

Your basically paying 150 for all your countys league games with the new offering .

Renewed for the pure convenience of it but not happy about the sudden drop of the '2 free championship games'. We'll be waiting a while for them to explain the reasoning for it

All the €€€ they will make from concerts but nope can't be handing out value for money in this financial climate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I'd expect to see season ticket sales plummet in most counties. €140 to cover just the league games is pathetic tbh. The hurling league has little real meaning even with the revamp to come and the league semi finals are more of a nuisance than anything else.

The club finals have been put in the most unappealing slot possible and it's easy source a ticket for that if you want to go so I don't see any value.

For some of the Munster teams it might make sense to guarantee entry to certain games but for teams like Galway, Dublin, Wexford etc who aren't going to be playing any sold out games and are unlikely to reach the final it makes zero sense.

For the football I'm sure Dublin and Mayo will sell out but aside from the usual few teams who might make the final the value is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭billyhead

You have to factor in travel expenses of getting to away league games aswell. It all adds up.

So they have a season ticket which is not a season ticket now too

'New League Packages are on sale with full and flexible match packages available. These packages can be purchased on www.gaa.ie/tickets '

'the GAA will have details of special Championship packages available in the New Year'

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

All-Ireland Final Tickets

In order to qualify for All-Ireland Final tickets the Ticket holder’s selected county must be playing in the Senior Final.

The Season Ticket holder must purchase tickets for at least 6 Championship matches (football) 5 matches (hurling) in order to qualify for an All Ireland ticket.

Cancellation of a Season Ticket at any stage will render the Season Ticket holder ineligible for an All-Ireland ticket under this scheme.

Any outstanding payment due for any fixture will render the Season Ticket holder ineligible for an All-Ireland ticket under this scheme.

Only those eligible for All-Ireland tickets will have the option to purchase All-Ireland tickets.

Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke Park. Tickets are not guaranteed for any particular section but the ticket office will endeavour to allocate the best seats available, where possible.

This is 6 Football match purchase is interesting given the possibilities for differences in number of games for some counties:

Ulster - team starting in prelim, getting to Ulster final, finishing 3rd in group stage, could have 10 championship games before reaching an AI Final.

Munster/Connaught - team drawn into & losing a semi, getting into group stage via NFL position, topping the group stage, could have 6 championship games before reaching an AI Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Received this wen I queried the removal of the additional 2 games, I wonder who the relevant stakeholders are? Not the mugs buying the tickets anyway.

A Chara, 

Following discussions with the relevant stakeholders it was decided that the price would be reduced to €140 and the opening championship matches removed instead of a price increase. 

While this decision was not taken lightly, we made this decision in order to keep the base price at the same or lower price as 2023. 

You are still guaranteed access to purchase match tickets to all championship fixtures and can qualify for an All Ireland Final ticket if you purchase championship match tickets to 5 of your counties championship fixtures.

Le meas,

GAA TICKET OFFICE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

As a football season ticket holder - for Kerry - I fail to see the value and won't be renewing, the only match hard to get tickets for last year was the All Ireland final. I'll go to 6 out of 8 league games but paying in will cost me 110 euro. Unlike the hurling for Munster teams, the championship involves for us a lot of travelling to very one sided matches- last year tickets had to be bought for Clare, Tipperary, Louth before you got to the interesting quarter finals. We were allowed just one opt out, which coupled with clash with key holiday periods, meant I was buying tickets with no hope of using them- all for the promise of All Ireland Final seats. Luckily Kerry made it that far, but then the seats I got were really poor. Next year I won't bet on them being in a final either.

I really get the feeling that the new laws on ticket touts should have examined the GAA, as the season ticket scheme is just a thinly disguised scheme to charge way over face value for final (and maybe for hurling semi final tickets).

Edit- just see they have announced a 4 match pack for 65 euro, that makes the decision not to get season tickets a no brainer. Be interesting to see what the championship package tickets look like

Post edited by Casati on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Allianz League Packages

Division 1 & 2 Football:

7 matches for €100. A saving of €40

4 matches for €65. A saving of €15

Division 3 & 4 Football:

7 matches for €60. A saving of €24

4 matches for €40. A saving of €8

Division 1 Hurling:

5 matches for €75. A saving of €25

3 matches for €50. A saving of €10

These other packages are really confusing the matter and along with removing the free championship game are the GAA trying to get rid of the season ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

Of course they are. They assume that people will still go to games when really they won’t. I enjoyed Dublin in division 2 last year. Nice to go to different grounds and teams. Division 1 is just repetitive for fans. Never mind the journeys are huge also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are these new league packages available yet. I can't see them advertised anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

€20 per ticket for for Division 1 & 2. As an 0AP ( €15 per ticket) for league matches & the fact that the first Championship game is no longer included with the ST makes the €150 very poor value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

They're trying to provide options to diversify the ways they can generate income. Probably trying to catch a group who can commit for three months but a season doesn't make sense due to work or travel.

There's also free tickets to the club final in the season ticket. But they could have offered one game for free for their season ticket holders as a tenner off and the loss of a free championship ticket doesn't stack up.

They might offer a provincial championship deal. But there's very few provinces that would make sense for...

I wonder if they'll offer two different types of packages for the championship like for the league

Allianz League Packages

Division 1 & 2 Football:

7 matches for €100. A saving of €40

4 matches for €65. A saving of €15

Division 3 & 4 Football:

7 matches for €60. A saving of €24

4 matches for €40. A saving of €8

Division 1 Hurling:

5 matches for €75. A saving of €25

3 matches for €50. A saving of €10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

U16 free bar reserved seating games. Because Croker Park for a league game is packed out that you need reserved seating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The main limitation of this approach is if you don't live in the county you wish to get tickets for and so cannot easily hang out in a club in that county. You can take a man out of the bog, but he may still support the bogmen.

The GAA should offer a few more additions to the Season Ticket Holders

20% off a GAAGo or streamed game

10% off in Elverlys etc

Not to mention an actually discount on Championship games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Grats

Anyone familiar with setting up a poll to establish how many are renewing, or not, their season ticket?

Advertisement