Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That would take them using their heads unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Haven’t decided yet.

if i wasnt a Dublin or Kerry, Mayo fan football or Limerick fan for hurling i wouldnt even consider renewing.

Hard to give up the Dubs ST. And well they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Renewed mine , agreed its very hard to give up Dubs ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I renewed mine for Dublin but the value has been eroded especially with the 2024 version.

It got me to 9 winning finals though and the replays, no other way of getting tickets.

Looking forward to the league and those new Croke Park seats that we’ve subsidised….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Quitelife

In Limerick most people seem to be renewing ( not all however ) , there is one fixture in Munster Round Robin away to Clare in Ennis which will be a smaller venue sell out circa 18K which one will be able to get a ticket for with season ticket, the only other upside is been able to purchase all ireland ticket if Limerick do get there , for the final one may get a ticket anyways but if Limerick do get there there will be massive demand to be there for a 5 in a row final attempt , also a Cork or Clare in the final would see savage demand on the other side as well.

Some people also like to buy season tickets as if its some endorsement/support of their team and be able to say their a season ticket holder and very loyal to their team even if the know the value is really gone this year .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 myabrownn

Facing a signal drop like in the desert? On uaesafari, I added a repeater. For your RAXE300, switch to AP Mode and connect the R7000. Fixes it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭gigantic09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Renewal closing date next week- i still havent done anything ( Limerick ST Holder) ..did everyone here renew ??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,225 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I renewed as well, demand is still huge in Dublin for All-Ireland tickets. If we stopped getting to semi-finals I might reconsider, but difficult to give up.

Not yet. ( Dublin football )

But i will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

when is the closing day for new first time applications

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Are season ticket holders entitled to tickets if clubs from his county are playing in the junior, intermediate, hurling finals next saturday night in croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Grats

Don't think so and always wonder why not if it covers the senior finals

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

It did include these finals the last couple of years. Only mentions the senior finals this year though.

I don't remember them ever been included, but I'm open to correction.

Anyone not using their senior club final tickets please keep me in mind - I'll gladly appreciate them and put them to good use. Thank you in advance

Give me a shout nearer the time.

not downloadable yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

Not a season ticket issue but why can’t they allow u16’s free in Croker for league games like it is in the vast majority of grounds. I know they say it’s due to assign seating but shouldn’t be any assigned seating for the league games. Should be just general admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭HBC08

I think it a Mayo specific issue but from this year u16s are not free which is scandalous enough.

Not sure about other county grounds.

The reason? Too many of them were attending games and running on the pitch afterwards.Such a backwards move from the dinosaurs on the county board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭C4000

Junior and intermediate final tickets are now available on the season ticket site......I see they are now using those tickets with changing barcodes so you can't send them to people via WhatsApp......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So you can't send screenshots? But assume you can transfer via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭C4000

There is a way to transfer but the person receiving it has to have a ticketmaster account and accept it through that...

If you don't have a smartphone you literally can't use these tickets as there is no way to print copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

Can you not add the tickets to you wallet and take a screenshot of that?

This all new to me with changing barcodes

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

On the desktop site you have the option to print which converts them to pdf. You could print from there or send that pdf by e-mail.

Every year the season ticket becomes less value and again this year its gotten worse.

I've two club plus tickets at a cost of €500,I'd happily switch down to a standard Croke Park season ticket but they won't let me do this.

Things that have been gradually striped away from the club plus season ticket over the last 3 years.

Final ticket without buying tickets/attending all championship games

Seating groups plans

County branded Jackets/Gillets/umbreallas/ bags with ticket.

First game of championship included.

All of these plus an increase from €150 to €250 and an increase in games in the championship (which you are now obligated to buy to qualify for final ticket)

That's a serious financial commitment when you add it all up.

Approximately 10 championship games now to win Sam,average ticket price including QF,Semi and final approximately €40,average cost of travel €50,add in an overnight or two and pints if you're lucky enough to be able to do that and it's an eye watering sum.These figures differ for each county but this is from a Mayo perspective

Also add in the fact you might not make every league game and it makes no sense.

You would be better off choosing the 5 league games you can make,going to most of the championship and then using the money left over to buy tickets off a tout if you did get to a final.

I never ever thought I'd be in a position to give up my season ticket but I can't justify it,I just can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭ULEZ23

If they ever do win it my lifetime I'll be there no matter what,season ticket or not.The fear of missing it is strong!

The short answer is yes.

I've posted on this before but it's pretty clear a decision was made to gradually make the season ticket so unattractive that it just doesn't make any sense.

I think this goes back to 2016 and 2017 when the only two football counties with sold out season tickets met in the final (and replay) in two consecutive years.With the amount given over the season ticket holders the GAA had much less tickets for corporate and general distribution,it was a serious loss of control for them.Covid came shortly after and when crowds resumed the season ticket was on its way to being phased out.

Just to note season ticket holders did not get tickets (on the Mayo side) for the 2021 final either.

• Advertisement

If they were trying to get rid of season tickets they wouldn’t be allowing new ones.

And the truth of it is if they wanted them gone they would be. Swipe of a pen.

its a massive cash cow for them

Advertisement