Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭C4000

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭C4000

One good point anyway is that the league should be a fair bit more competitive in 2024, as the bottom 5 teams are essentially being relegated for 2025.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

If they get rid of the “free” championship game I won’t be renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

Better format and I hope it does lead to a bit more of a competitive 2024.

Bit surprising though because we had a similar format between 2012 and 2019 (and with groups of 6 instead of 7) and it was abandoned because the top Liam McCarthy Counties felt 1A was too competitive to field new players and that 1B teams had an unfair advantage - a reaction to Galway and Limerick winning the All-Ireland from 1B in 2017 & 2018.

Surely the new Division 1 of 7 teams will “suffer” the same “problem” of it being too competitive to risk new players and surely the new Division 2 will have the same “advantage” to the one or two top tier McCarthy Cup counties within?

At this stage I wish they’d just pick a format and stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got this from the sign in page

Looking like its true about the 'free Championship ticket'

😠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Montys return

I only ever bought it once, but I would urge anyone to consider boycotting if they do away with the free games.

The price growth in the last few years is crazy, its just a money grab from an assumed captive audience and would be punishing the loyalty of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is their own version of shrinkflation

‘Great value lads, price hasn’t changed. But we’ll give you less, cheers’

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They can get fucked if the championship games are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

What did the ticket entail previously. Was the 1st game included.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

First 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

How much is it now.

Are they only allowing renewals at the moment .

Is the Limerick season ticket sold out ?

They haven’t released the details yet - €150 last year and €250 for Club+ version.

Renewals only for a few weeks (maybe a month) and then general sale. Limerick hurling sold out for the last two seasons while Mayo football and Dublin football have been sold out quite possibly since it started in 2009, at least a decade anyway.

Around 3500 is the limit per county.

does the 150e ticket guarantee access to an All-Ireland ticket or do I have to attend a certain percentage of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You don’t actually have to attend a single game, you just need to pay for the tickets and you get one opt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not much point in paying for tickets and not going.

True but it definitely happens. Seen examples of people losing out on final tickets because they forgot to pay for one or two games while they were on holidays.

One of the GAA’s hooks for the season ticket was “Loyalty rewarded”. They just redefined loyalty as paying to attend rather than actually attending. So long as their pockets are lined they couldn’t care less.

so just pay for the tickets ?

Last time I had the season ticket it was scanned at the gate and attendance recorded on the gate.

has this all changed .it's only purchase rather than attendance

Yep it changed when they reintroduced it for 2022. Even before that though the Club+ option didn’t actually require attendance. Guaranteed AI final ticket.

I’m not 100% on this but I think seating groups are no longer an option. Plus the option to buy additional seats (I think it was a specific ‘Bring a friend’ option) was ditched. They also ditched the option to go to all league games for all counties in your chosen code and they removed the €5 reduction for all non AI final tickets.

The value is gone. Literally the only benefit now is guaranteed ticket for the final if your county gets there. Utterly pointless for fans of most counties.

Secretary of my club says renewal emails being sent out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Not sure why anyone would get these beyond being able to say ‘ah ya sure I’m a season ticket holder. Massive fan’…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Good seats secured. No messing around. But with GAAGO and the new degrading of the season ticket, it's certainly cause for pause. GAA has no love for its supporters at the moment. Just wants to milk them and seems to be happy for RTE to milk them too.

That’s a big issue I have with it. GAA seeing it as easy income and providing F all value to the consumer now.

Comparing that to Republic of Ireland Soccer season tickets (I know we are useless) which genuinely work out great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭guanciale

Unfortunately, for the fan who no longer lives in the home county it becomes the most secure basis of getting good tickets to games that are hard to get to otherwise: Munster finals, All Ireland finals, games in Clare or Waterford.

the GAA know this and will price accordingly. My alternative is to not go, and I’d prefer to go watch my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

renewals out and confirmed the 150 only covers league games. They can get in the fukkin bin

Down to 140 for hurling (only 5 guaranteed league games compared to 7 in football) but still quite **** on account of pulling the free first championship game.

Pay your club membership and volunteer for the club any little way you can. You’ll be looked after when it comes to securing tickets. Your membership fees will help your club rather than enable GAA’s latest cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Renewed my Dublin tickets this morning. Season ticket is only worth it if your county gets to games where tickets can be hard to come by. Otherwise pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yeah. Will be able to get tickets via club no bother. Only concern is seated ticket for my kid in Walsh park but should be fine

Advertisement