Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cricket 2024

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Want to know why Ireland haven't produced enough T20 players??

Scotland have announced a new international T10 league. CI can't host the world Champions in Sept.

Cricket Ireland are the biggest drag on Irish cricket. No ambition, imagination or initiative.......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If cricket was a big sport in Ireland CI would be in front of the public accounts committee more than RTE and the FAI combined.

There's something rotten going on. An associate nation like Scotland can hold a franchise T10 league, yet Ireland a full member can't put on one test in 6 years.

What are they doing with the money? The international summer is going to consist of a couple of T20S against Pakistan. How can the game grow with these corrupt lot in charge. Instead of capitalising on a test win, they can't cancel the first home test in 7 years quick enough.

I've said it before becoming a full member destroyed Irish cricket. We closed the path to county development and couldn't be bothered developing a proper domestic competition.

Plenty of admin jobs for the boys though....the ICC need to investigate what's happening with the accounts, because it's certainly not cricket that's happening

The current Wolves tour of Nepal wouldn't fill me with much confidence for the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

4 wickets for 45 for Josh Little in his IPL season debut for Gujurat Titans today. A very positive impact which should see him get more ĝametime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,854 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

looks to be a pretty low attendance for Ireland vs Pakistan.

Lots of big gaps of vacant seats visible. Considering we were told it was sold out, bit odd.

Good start with the ball from Ireland….and in the field, Rizwan gets run out in the second over.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭MFPM

Yeah That's surprising, they definitely said it was sold out. Great weather for it!

Yep, might have made the effort.

White expensive, 32 conceded from 3. Wicket keeping has been very untidy too.

3rd wicket down, should be an under par score unless boundaries start flowing.

4 down 😈

the fûck are TNT sports doing… showing replay after replay when the ball is in play…?

We are letting the opposition tail wag as per the usual Irish bowling trend. Extras and boundaries. Naive bowling… Pakistan up to a par total. So easy to write the script.

And that simple runout chance fluffed 🤒 ffs. Has to be seen to be believed, couldn’t pick the ball up then the throw in no danger of going anywhere near to the stumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Adairs first 2 overs go for 8,his last two for 32. He cannot bowl at the death, he hasn't the pace or the tricks. He gets that role every game and it's always the same outcome against good teams. Just bowl him out and stop holding him back to get smashed at the death ....

• Advertisement

Fantastic win. Great knock by balbirnie, nods to tector, dockrell and campher too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had absolutely no idea this was on, great day for it. I was at the West Indies game in Clontarf a few years ago when they put on a record first wicket partnership in ODIs. Froze my bollox off that day, said I'd never get tickets to another match early in the season in advance without seeing a forecast first.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Great win, really great.

I'd love to see the selectors experiment in the last 2 games and the tri series. I'm convinced there's a good team in there with some tweaks. I'd love to see R Adair play the next 2 games. Rest Stirling and Balbirnie for one game each if necessary even put Balbirnie back to 3, because Tucker is struggling there big time. Drop Tucker down the order as a finisher. He has all the T20 shots, but 3 isn't working, try him later in the order.

I'd give Rock the next 2 games, rotate with Dockrell and Tector of needs be.

Try Young and Hume with the death overs. Use Adair straight through, his stats show he's at his best then.

It'd a real waste to play the same 11 in the next two games.

A repeat of that on 16th June would be ideal

fair fûcks, great result. Couldn’t see our batting innings but was refreshing the screen on the live score page on my phone and it seemed like about 5 minutes easily passed between delivery 19.4 & 19.5… and finally updated that we won….

That’s what’s achievable when we put in a really quality ‘team’ performance as opposed to two or three players standing up and others failing or just doing ‘ok’.

Great stuff from Balbernie, Tector, Dockrell, Young, Delaney & Campher.

That Rizwan early run out really set the impetus for our bowling / fielding. Total shot in the arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

That 1st ball reverse-scoop four from Campher against a bowler of the stature of Shaheen Shah Afridi will go down in Irish cricketing folklore.

Super win. Balbirnie and Tector broke the back of the chase and at times it looked like Ireland would waste a great opportunity but they did superb to get over the line.

Great weather and a great game capped off with an Irish win. That's what it's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭nice bit of green

Great game, great chase.

Advertisement