Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cricket 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hume stops the Nabi onslaught

• Registered Users Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

And he was going to get an 11th over as well!! Stirlo must have got outa the bed the wrong side this morning :)

On a side note, couldn't help but notice in the line up for anthems that the Afghans look fitter & stronger overall man for man. Better muscle to weight ratio.

311 the target. Afghans took full advantage of the wickets in hand in the closing overs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Our bowlers really finished very poorly. At a quick glance…

overs : runs…

50 : 12

49 : 11

48 : 17

47 : 10

46 : 11

Bowlers went for 61 runs in the last 5 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I'm convinced he should not bowl in the last 10 overs, especially on batting pitches. He's an excellent new ball bowler, but he has a very hittable pace and for me tries too many variations without actually having one he's particularly good with. He's cannon fodder for batsmen on the charge. He's still our best bowler, just use him differently, utilize his strengths, which definitely isn't bowling the death overs.

That was a funny bowling performance, they kept the openers on a leash at the start, then let them get away from us, reeled them back in, only to finish off really poorly.

You can see how badly Ireland miss someone to keep it tight in the last 5 overs. It's very frustrating how regularly we concede 60+ runs off the last 5 overs. I'd say Stirling got his sums wrong to, when Campher suddenly had to bowl the last over.

Hume and Van Woerkom did ok today, Mcbrine was very tight but might he never take another wicket, it's a bit too easy for batsmen facing him, knowing he's realistically not going to get them out.

I still think there's a good chance we chase this down

• Advertisement

Stirling out early and run rate v slow

Edit and Balbirnie out now too

Host broadcaster isn’t great with the use of technology, but from Sterling’s reaction and the replay that was available, it’s fairly looking like he didn’t get even close to edging that ball…

Ireland really struggling here, Balbernie gone…. Didn’t get near that delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭MFPM

Looking ominous already. Two down and scoring about 3 per over...

Will we even bat 30 overs??

• Advertisement

yes, Campher gone now too.

that was a really good delivery in fairness.

id be worried now, this has all the hallmarks of a hammering…

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Heavy defeat incoming. Shur Tests are our priority now anyway... 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

50 for Tector. Now averaging just a tick above 50 in ODI's. Incredible consistency from Tector.

Ireland 107/3 currently from 24 overs. Tector and Tucker have a nice partnership going but the run rate required is climbing.

Decent stand this

Need 8.53 an over….

almost 5 overs since the last boundary…. Need to put the foot down, probably lose anyway but with wickets in hand I don’t get this tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

The tactic of building a decent partnership and going at around a run a ball rather that flaking their wickets away?

Given both batsmen have over 50 runs a piece, I’d kinda say that their partnership is well built and the required run rate should be the focus. You are the only poster bringing ‘flaking wickets away’ to the equation.i simply mentioned putting their foot down and increasing the run rate. This is more like it, hitting towards the boundaries now !

This is an impressive partnership. They are showing real fight. They do need to up the run rate though. 9.5 per over required.

10.78 required and hitting singles, lads…. This situation came about because they facilitated it by being too conservative…

• Advertisement

It's been a good effort but looks beyond them now unfortunately,11 per over required.

That’s an unreal catch in fairness, Dockrell can feel quite genuinely unlucky there…. Running full pelt and takes it 3 inches from the grass. 12.4 required ..😏

Tector looking like a man protecting his average

We need 67 off the last 5. Very similar to what we conceded in the last 5

Afghanistan death bowling far superior to ours. Great yorkers, when our lads were bowling dross, short, wide and all sorts of rubbish.

I don't think I've ever seen a chase like this in my life. Put up a brilliant stand to get back into the game, only to not go for it. Tector was brilliant but then starts playing for close of play, just as he should be accelerating. Utterly bizarre finish, once Tucker was out they gave up

Done a lot better than I thought. We can hardly blame Tector, looks out on his feet. Needed our openers to protect their averages more so!!

The plus has to be Tectors performance, truly class out there. A super knock.

Bad points… our bowling in those last 10 🤮 & tactics out in the middle 🤐 & the umpiring minus DRS being shitè again. 🥱

Seriously….You have to sanction the umpire I forget which one it was who gave Stirling out, that was just ridiculous… must just have been swayed by all the roaring at him.

beaten by 35 runs, a comprehensive defeat unfortunately……

If Harry Tector plays after again a single days rest, he'll be some man. Looks knackered at the end.

If only our death bowling was better today and our first three contributed more than a handful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

At 3 down for 34 it could have been 100 all out, but at 3 down for 200, I thought the target was attainable. Short in the end, but a decent effort

Advertisement