Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Drew is just memeing his way into Mania.

I hope he gets the win. He won a Mania main event but it was completely hollow due to Covid and an empty performance centre. He deserves a proper moment. It makes sense storyline-wise too, Rollins should be distracted by getting involved with the Cody/Rock/Bloodline stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope it is Gable's night

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's back

OMG I can't believe he is back, especially this soon given his connection to Vince's dirty antics, isn't he and Vince out of the games, I'm surprised with TKO

Candice channelling the great awesome Christian Cage

• Advertisement

Chad Gable should have won, he has a better story with Gunther than Sami, hopefully he might still be added as that finish was questionable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

There has to be a catch...they've pushed gables promos and story..

Interesting what they do with brock now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've only watched the gauntlet match so far (happy for Sami, hoping Gable's shoulders being off the mat means he gets in too though), and haven't seen the Brock thing anywhere else.

But if that's true he's returning, that's wild. He literally doesn't need to be near the Mania card, or WWE in general right now, such is the strength of the shows. I don't think there's a match for him that makes me go "Oh, I wasn't going to watch Mania, but Brock vs ????, now I'm all in!" A return does nothing but flair up the issues again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haven’t seen the Lesnar thing anywhere either, strange. And the preview for raw next week doesn’t mention him either.

”WWE is stacking the deck once again for next week's Raw.

On this week's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in Houston, TX. the Raw and SmackDown General Manager made the dual announcement that The Judgment Day will be defending their Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Championships against five other teams in a Six Pack Ladder Match at WrestleMania XL.

The teams vying for the titles against the duo of Damian Priest and Finn Balor will be determined in five qualifying matches being held on Raw and SmackDown, with three teams from the red brand and two from the blue brand in the bout.

It was announced that in addition to a Last Woman Standing match between Becky Lynch and Nia Jax, which "The Man" requested after being attacked by Jax on the show this week, that next week's WWE Monday Night Raw show in Raleigh, N.C. will feature Six Pack Ladder Match qualifying bouts.

While no specific matches were announced, the official graphic that appeared on the screen showed The New Day vs. Alpha Academy, DIY vs. The Creed Brothers and Awesome Truth vs. Indus Sher paired up together.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No one is reporting brock is back, there's some speculation because he's been moved back to the active roster page, but nothing concrete.

I thought he was edited out of the games like Vince but maybe I was wrong, was it the WM special cover or game?

Brock against Bron? Is Brock back for Heyman's HOF induction, he is a big part of Heyman's WWE career

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Drew is the best thing in wrestling right now and ten times more entertaining than the Rock and Cody and the bloodline.

On the Bloodline the Rock really has stolen the limelight from Roman and made it all about him and not the man who has been champion for the 72 years.

Feel for Chad if he isn’t the one to beat Gunther.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah Brock isn't back at all, guessing it was meant as a joke.

Thought it was a good Raw overall. Really set up some great Mania matches too, definitely one of the most stacked Manias ever.

The six pack tag ladder match is mental, can't wait. Would have been happy with Gable but am happy with Sami too. I reckon Gable is gonna be in the tag match anyway. Not sure they'll do anything about the shoulders being up though. While I think Gable being added could work, I also think after such a long reign, Gunther should have a decisive 1v1 loss.

The Candice stuff was odd, think the idea could work but the execution was weird. Liv story is interesting me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roman really does feel like a 3rd wheel in the whole Cody vs. Roman finish the story.

The while build up pretty has been focused on Rock & Cody promos.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Gable gets added to the IC match, Sami takes the pin so Gunther losses his title without being pinned

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really hope not cause after that title run Gunther needs to be the ones pinned.

Yes the promos and story is there for Chad Gable, him winning in front of his family would be a nice WM moment, they have a new Angle literally in shoosh Chad Gable, the momentum for Sami is gone imho, not sure what for him, he should be in world title picture but that is stacked until after WM at least

Granted it's being done to have Zayn in aania match but they should have just gone full steam on Gable and winning the gauntlet outright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gable is probably the best 'athlete' in WWE today

Is Chad in a tag team match with Otis tonight or can he get a Sami rematch?

He’s in a tag match. There is a contract signing so unless there’s hijinx then. But I can’t see both the intercontinental and US championships being defended under triple threat rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think Gunther should have a 1 vs 1 match after such a lengthy reign tbh and lose it that way. I think I would have prefered Chad in retrospect but Sami isn't a bad choice either.

It looks like chad is going down the heel route...doesn't appear to be getting the mania match either way

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I definitely prefer Sami vs Gunther one on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Airing all the behind the scenes stuff in promos and dropping F’bombs is such an Indy thing to do for the biggest sports entertainment company in the world aiming for the lowest common denominator trying to draw back middle aged attitude era fans.

Leaks that The Rock is the only one allowed to curse so let’s have Cody curse to show The Rock isn’t special

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's actually exposing the fact that Roman is a part-timer.

in order to keep the story going from week-to-week, they're making the most they can out of the Rock v Cody dynamic, because hilariously, The Rock has been on TV more than Roman this year.

Roman will be back soon, and I'm sure this will all play in to the 'The Rock is stealing my spotlight' angle that they're slowly cooking, but it just feels slightly off, because the massive story should've been Cody overcoming Roman, whereas all this 'Final Boss' nonsense, and Cody and Rock continuously going at it has taken the shine of the 'Finish The Story' storyline.

I'm willing to let it play out, but I don't think we're quite getting what we could have gotten with this, and it's honestly because Roman is the part-timer and Rock is the full-timer currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see Cody finishing his story at WM and then thats it.

The rest of the year will foucs on The Rock and Roman and the two new mens World Champions will be forgotten about very quickly.

Advertisement