Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I really love the understated smaller entrance! No titantron, be great if they kept that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rock getting absolutely booed out of the building here 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might keep it for the bigger markets to get more bums on seats

Looks smaller than the entrances for the past SD shows in Puerto Rico and London

Is this setting up Rock vs Cody at Mania 41 ?

This opening hour has been incredibly strange...

• Advertisement

Not sure wtf was supposed to be

Ija getting the Raw after Mania pop

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

His hotel room key? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least Cena teamed with Awesome Truth, R Truth teaming with his childhood hero 😁

For a new champ, Cody came off looking downbeat and somber in his interaction with The Rock, strange alright

• Advertisement

Nattie must be in her cosmetic surgeon's clinic every week, she needs to stop, lay off

Would love to see Nakamura doing what Balor did and go back down to NXT. Be great to see him actually have room to be a threat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I loved that opening segment. Rock had an aura of menace around him. There was a tension and subtext that pro wrestling isn’t known for having the nuance for. And it set up a lot in terms of the structure for any future Rock vs Cody feud.

What did he give Cody? My favourite theory I’ve seen so far is it was part of Romans necklace, or something directly relating to Roman. The “you’ve broken my heart” line referring to Rocky having to punish Roman for losing the title and dishonouring the family. A path towards setting up Rock vs Reigns.

Show was fun overall. First time I’ve actually watched a whole Raw (albeit with liberal use of the fast forward button) in quite a while. Jey is a great first feud for Priest. I adore Liv so am thrilled she’s next in line for a title shot at Rhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

That They didn't show anything had me thinking it was just an awkward way of doing a handshake but that would be fun.

The Cena appearance is a nice example of an irritation I have with this era of booking (which didn't start over the weekend) where They sometimes struggle to distinguish foreshadowing from stating what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought it was a pretty good Raw after Mania overall.

The opening segment was a bit odd, giving Cody, a 'video package' was strange. The Rock stuff could be interesting but felt long and a bit unfocused. Interested to see what the Rock gave him though, heard speculation it could be a lighter that burned down Cody's bus or a bead from Roman's necklace. Either way looks like Cody/Rock will be a big programme. I think Roman will retire him after.

Ilja and Roxanne were nice surprises if not mindblowing. Hopefully the draft can be decent, they've done a better job keeping a split and the brand rivalry has been fun when they play into it too.

Judgement Day/Truth segment was funny, Cena being there was a nice little surprise too.

Wonder if Gable turns heel next week.

Jade hit two moves and neither looked great unfortunately, still not sure what they do with her.

Jey is a good first programme for Priest tbh, Punk and Drew is going to be awesome, definitely seems like Punk must nearly be cleared the way things are going. Also loved Ricochet turning to Samantha and saying 'sorry' before he hit the springboard.

Aye the way Punk was Yeeting at the end I'd say he's nearly good to go. Which is a perfect segue for Drew after Mania. It also doesn't need the title.

I wonder if they'll be tempted to put the strap on Jey, he's almost as over as Cody coming out of the Bloodline arc. They might let Priest have a short run though and he can drop it to Gunther or Drew at the CATC or Bash in Berlin respectively.

Speaking of over, Ricochet being let loose on Raw is just great, he's another who is almost ready for a run at a heel Priest for the WHC.

Based on what the GMs were saying it looks like even though Andrade, Bron and Jade signed to respective brands they're gonna be eligible in the draft. Raw definitely needs more credible women to go after Rhea but not sure Jade is the answer yet either. After Liv she's basically cleaned out the current crop of Raw ladies...

What did Drew call Priest, bondage Taker was it?

I do like how Cena tries to cover his bald spot, would he not go fully bald or needed for a role

I just don't buy Liv and her revenge tour as a threat to Rhea

Is Nikki and Piper injured?

Sheamus returning to Raw, a potential feud for Cody until Randy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never understand the late entrances for people in tag matches like that. Awesome Truth could've lost long before Cena decided to come out.

Was thinking as well as booing Rock they should've chanted for Dom, as if to say we'd rather listen to him.

The talk of the draft reminded me that there were some from last year's draft who pretty much disappeared without being released. Xyon Quinn was announced as a free agent and the only match he's had since then was losing in Bron's Smackdown debut. Looking up Odyssey Jones, who was a supplemental pick, it seems he's been constantly having dark matches and house show matches.

Meant to say, all these years later I still expect these wrestler tributes/video packages to open with "Hello my friend we meet again"

• Advertisement

Sheamus returns tonight, while Sami defends his IC titie against Chad Gable

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Rhea Ripley is legit injured after last week, may need to vacate the title

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like concussion type situation that's an absolute nightmare scenario

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That is cruel and with Becky taking time off, likely to Liv not worthy imho, I'd even take Nia before, could she do a Seth or Roman, heal with the title

Are they implying the chair from Liv did it? I know when I saw that, it looked like the attack went wrong. Like maybe Liv caught it on a door frame and it slipped from her hands.

But I think she should be able to hold the title unless she has to take an unknown amount of time off. After the likes of Roman and Brock, they can't really say anything about someone not defending they title for more than a month.

If Rhea is injured and has to drop the title then they should bring over Tiffany Stratton from Smackdown and strap a rocket to her. She's ready already imo. Liv however could carve out an interesting role from this, the female Drew McIntyre potentially. She isn't strong enough of a character to run with the belt yet though.

I feel too soon for Tiffany or Jade for a world's singles title, both still green in the ring imho, although I see Tiffany as a MITB winner leading contender

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well Becky is on the European tour coming up so might not be stepping away yet

• Advertisement

To show how memorable Liv's last title run was, I thought it was only a month at most. Turns out it was over 3 months.

I've said before, she tries to have an "extreme" character but it's just not believable.

Advertisement