Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That's a shame, Gable is over as a face imho and has a better story feud with Gunther, I thought any contract segment for WM would be for the main events, with Roman Cody Seth and Rock

Drew beat up Sami and he didn't get payback, Sami should be in the world title picture after WM

I'm hoping Rikishi is ref for his son's match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lot of negativity on here for what I thought was a belter of a show.

That opening tag match was awesome and delighted that DIY are getting a mania match. Wasn't a lover of the Cody promo, not for the swearing, I just don't like those 'smarky' promos where he goes on about a heel and the writers and stuff, breaks kayfabe. Really liked the Usos promo though.

While I'm not sure how I feel about the Gable snub, I'm glad he hasn't been forgotten and I think he might be turning heel to face Sami for the belt down the line.

Becky/Nia was pretty strong. That legdrop spot was awesome and they did a great job making Nia still look like a monster. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm actually liking Nia Jax now. She's not a great wrestler but they've booked her exactly how she should be and are doing the best at hiding her weaknesses in the ring. Between this and the Rhea match she's having the best run of her career right now and was a sneakily good re-hire. I'm thoroughly eating my words.

Oh and minor note, loved that slick one shot. Fair play for WWE mixing up their production style lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Rock had better be careful in case Meiko Satomura hears he's claiming to be the Final Boss.

Camdice's heel turn continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A lot of Cody's promo was good and swearing adds to the intensity of a fued when used sparingly, as immature as it sounds but my eyes did an Undertaker impression when he said "I don't think you're a heel."

It's a hot feud with the crowd invested. You don't need to be using that insider rubbish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I suppose technically the Rock opened the door for that with his video though. The "carny succubus" part was ripped straight from his AEW promo on Jericho though.

• Advertisement

Did Punk just shout out Cornette's podcast, Drew is having fun "PG Brother" a enjoyable 3 way segment, now Punk on commentary for WM

Cena and SCSA on the truck, just pure coincidence or WM seeds planting

No one coming out in the rain to help Cody, he is bleeding

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Welp, I did say after Smackdown I'm not sure what else there is left to say... Beating one of the participants bloody certainly checks off one of those boxes😂

The Drew, Punk and Seth segment was absolute cinema too. Just a fantastic episode of Raw, the best in years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,067 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Well I think that puts to bed any notion that Cody isn't winning.

Surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

Chekhov's wall

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Honestly the best episode of raw in recent memory. Completely gripping. The sold out crowd added so much atmosphere too. Felt like a PPV in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Nice shoutout to the Bucks and Kenny from Cody during his promo.

The Rock really makes Cody look small standing beside him. The Rock is a dream advertisement for pharmaceutical companies.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

100% losing the tag match. 100% winning the title match.

Rock can claim he put everything on a platter for Roman, only for Roman to screw it up, which gives us Rock vs Roman, AND Rock vs Cody as feuds coming out of it. And losing the title match let's the Codyvengers assemble the following night (Liz is right, there's no way the Stone Cold and Cena teases were a mistake 😂).

The main event feels like it's properly built to be the culmination of years worth of stories now, and I'm so hyped for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Even the Chicago fans love Drew. Punk having to tell the fans to boo Drew and tell them they paid to see him and there was dead silence from the crowd.

Drew is the best thing in the WWE for me right now.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭ThePott

One of the best Raws I can remember.

Currently in America so watched this live (would never have sat through 3 hours with ads a few months ago).

Firstly, the Rock being this active in the build to Mania is amazing, great surprise having him show up and that beatdown of Cody was unreal. Perfect use of blood and felt so effective. Interesting seeing Cena and Austin on the truck given recent rumours, felt like deliberate framing. Speaking of, camera work lately has been great, less cuts, some interesting shots and far more fluid. That shot of The Rock making his entrance while Cody stares him down was beautiful.

The absolute chaos that was Punk/Rollins/Drew had me glued to the tv. This felt like three guys who had freedom to say whatever and did. Drew holding his own on the mic with Punk was good to see. The whole thing was unhinged. The only weird thing was the big teases of Punk being a ref and then him not being the ref. Very odd inclusion by Punk as I'm guessing WWE wouldn't have had him tease that (and show he could do it) if it wasn't going to happen. Drew talking to Heyman in the back was interesting too.

Matches were all solid, the crowd was hot. Just a great Raw and excellent build to Mania.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When Drew mentioned he was the Chosen one and Punk quickly responded with who called you that, you could see on Drew's face he was completely caught off guard by Punk, it was great back and forth. Drew is on fire at the moment.

Can't remember any Mania before this with such momentum going into it. Even WM30 with Bryan didn't seem as hyped as 40 is feeling.

It's years of payoff I guess is causing the hype. Love how they have so many storylines overlapping seamlessly and it doesn't feel too messy.

The little nods and winks and callbacks have been excellent, you have Drew complaining to Seth that he's too focused on the Bloodline then he becomes obsessed with Punk causing Rollins to get the jump on him.

Every major match has multiple possible endings making it so hard to call. Will Gable turn on Sami? Will Punk cost Drew? Will the Bloodline cost Seth? Will Rock turn, will seth turn? Will Orton turn on KO, etc.

And will Priest cash in MITB?

So many possibilities they've really built up not only Mania but countless other feuds for post Mania so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Moment of the night for me was the camera shot when the Rock appeared. The camera looking at the entrance from the opposite side. Was awesome

And the lighting bolts in the background. Proper Final Boss vibes.

But he's been presented too well. He's completely overshadowed Reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very clear Drew has shoot really got in Punks head over the last few weeks

Punk’s tin skin on show again which always makes great car crash TV.

It's interesting, cos Punk's aura felt a LOT less than normal even in his hometown. Sure he had the early chants and they were hot for his entrance but Drew outshone him on the mic and Seth made him feel completely insignificant (Which of course he is because he can't compete at Mania). I'd love to see Punk inadvertently cost Seth the match to continue that feud whilst also giving Drew a massive boost and another arrow in his quiver to fire back at Punk when he's good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Will there be an injury angle where Zayn gets taken out (by gable) and gable takes his place and wins yet his moment clouded by suspicion

I would like to see on night one Sami lose cleanly to Gunther with Gable in his corner, maybe due to injury and Gable vows for revenge and challenges Gunther to a match for night 2, have Gable win on night two and Gunther can hide behind the excuse he had 2 title defenses.

I enjoyed Dom getting knocked out by Becky too and a bit more build for Rhea Becky at WM

I really liked Seth's flare sequined suit, is he my new style icon 😊

Truth saying go to break was funny, he really is awesome, I'd be happy with Awesome Truth taking the tag title(s) at WM

A really great Raw

I can't get enough of that new Rock entrance. The shot of him emerging from the shadows as Cody watches on, class. Lots of experimental camera stuff since that clown, Kevin Dunn, finally fúcked off.

Seemed to be a shorter distance to the ring than usual, which really helped that shot.

Cody getting to say "Wankfest" without being dipped. Helps to use words the censors aren't familiar with. Though what did Rock say that had the crowd reacting in the beatdown at the end?

Someone on Reddit posted the crowd recording of the promo.

https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1bo77iw/uncensored_version_of_the_final_promo_on_raw/

"This is what happens when you fúck with the....."

Can't make out of the last bit, probably Bloodline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great show, WWE are back in a place where you can enjoy what unfolds, as it unfolds rather than get caught up in what should happen now or next.

I should hate Rock destroying Cody with ease. I would have with the Cena or Reigns were booked in the past. But right now it is easy to just enjoy the show and know something else good is on the way soon enough.

• Advertisement

Thanks. It was also dipped when Rock took Cody outside. Probably just his "candy-asses" line.

Going by the official post on youtube. Seems he called the fans "pieces of s#!t" at the first dip, then it was The Final Boss that you don't f*ck with

Do find it funny they dip on "s#!t" but have no problem showing blood.

Advertisement