Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

First spin of the year in the GTR... Only to find out somebody rubbed against the back bumper on one whole half of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BlackJoeccxv

Does anyone own a lowered w211, I'm thinking of lowering mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Those pics were taken just after i had a full valet done including Autoglym wax coating 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Did somebody say clean black car 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^

Looks great! 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Never going lecky. Braap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

@spiggotpaddy what car/engine is that.. Honda is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Have my 350z HR for around 15 months now, such a fun car and comfortable too. Was the perfect car for a road trip through Wales earlier this summer.

Yeah just a 1.5T civic.

Nice.. Did you ever have the 90's dohc vtec engine in anything.. What's it compare like

• Advertisement

They dont compare at all. That extra lobe coming on song for vtec braaap. Well you dont get that. Small turbo torque plus revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Behold in stunning wonderment, what I was dropped over last week when my 5 Series was sold.

It makes a noise a bit like the start of a HBO program when you open the door after unlocking, it has a drivers seat with electric adjustment, memory and massage and if you stick it in Sport (which isn't as easy as it used to be in BMW) it's pretty quick. Apart from that, lets say it wouldn't be at the top of my list.

Excuse the plants growing from the drain, and I've removed some of the picture to give less of an idea where it was taken...

Thankfully on Friday, the ugly ducking above was swapped out for something more befitting.

Have it set to pre-condition before I leave - that is a huge help on days like today. Had it charging for 4 hours earlier (empty) and it was horrific getting in to it to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Back on the road after some upgrades and a load of new parts.

I gave it a machine polish and a ceramic coat today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

Collected this a while ago. Really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Coming up on 4 years ownership, no intention to change. Recently fitted some KW V2 coilovers to refresh the suspension, they are superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nice to get this today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Can't beat a Z, only had my HR for 9 months or so but enjoyed it alot, the directness of all the controls are just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Class, yep can't beat the sound and feel. Was tempted to sell it before the summer to get back into an Impreza sti but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's that time of year again.... What's this now, year 10 of this?!

For context, with the same video yet again (well, to me it couldn't be Christmas without it!):

So, what classy dud of a vehicle d I have this time? I think this years one will be rather predictable, and it was some journey to get it somewhat right:

Oh yes, after 16 years lying up (mostly in a hedge), I got to work on it. It needed a lot of work that I won't go into as you'd be here till tibb's eve reading it all. Took over a year to get it roadworthy, with many weekday evenings spent at it, along with weekends. A lot of its problems were rot and seized parts

For example: I just wanted it to get to the test centre just so I could have a list of what other nonsense it might need. Here it was on the morning of its test

But, as it's from an era when the ultimate driving machine was it's slogan, it made it. With different coloured wings

I (well, my father actually) got it looking right

It brought me to a very memorable and important day of my life

A small side note: My father was in the Volvo, he knew I would have loved to see both side by side on the day. As I was there in an empty church hours in advance where you could hear a pin drop, I could hear a 5 cylinder go through the revs in the distance, followed by a very loud recirc valve, and immediately I began to feel a bit at ease

Since then, I've been sorting out the niggling bits, as well as generally enjoying the car. Which I should have gotten to and gotten right many years ago

Currently it's sitting up waiting for a prop. It's gearbox decided one day in November to mimic a cvt, so that gave me the excuse to make it into a manual car. A 6 speed manual at that. I'll make another post when it's all done, so you can see what went into converting it. Runs well, just very loud without the exhaust, clutch is very nice and not too soft, gears are very slick and precise as I'm using a short shifter. It's surprisingly easy to do and not very time consuming, just lots of small bits any sane person shouldn't really have to think about

That'll be me for now, if I'm not back in time have a wonderful Christmas and a Guinness New Year 😎

• Advertisement

@fancy pigeon well done - you didn't disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Parked up for 7 months, first tip she flew out to cars and coffee limerick last weekend. Treated it to some new petrol is all. You just cannot beat old Jap cars. Currently refurbing some tasty JDM wheels, can't wait to take these scuttery things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

@fancy pigeon Great work on the E34, I always loved those cars. And snap on your 2014 pic, I had one of those, about that time too!

Since there seems to be older cars posted here, here's my Bertha :)

The White 330e in post https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121068287/#Comment_121068287 went back at the end of February, to be replaced by:

A Grey 330e! Doesn't have the M-Sport Pro pack the white one had, so only 18" alloys. Does have a sunroof (I don't like sunroof's) and a Comfort Pack - I just need to figure out what else is part of the Comfort Pack apart from the H&K sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

Looks great in that colour and sure the smaller wheels still look well and you get a comfier ride.

What's not to like about sunroofs? Couldn't have another car without a panoramic one myself 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Collected this last Friday

Absolutely in love 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Looks very nice, whats the difference in a pro Msport?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Luna84

What is it and engine wise for a dumbass like me?

At a wild guess I think it's a 2 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yeah, it's an M2, N55 3.0 litre turbo engine (similar to whats in a lot of the x35i cars I believe)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That has to be the one from Lewis Motors? LCI version with manual gearbox? Was looking at that one myself. Stunner bennyx, well wear. 🙂

Advertisement