Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

That is top class spec, I must take a goo at what the next size up Suzuki is like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Here's me driving around with a grin on my face because I finally got my power steering working!

Some kit on that swift!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Had the car corrected and ceramic coated. Was a bit swirly and dull, delighted with the results thanks to @Foxhole Norman .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Has he his own business now or was he just the guy who done the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Was done at D&D but I did any dealings/questions (there were lots) with FN as with previous cars. He’s just worthy of a mention specifically for all the help and advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Bid goodbye to hybrid motoring yesterday as I got the urge for my first French car. The last of the hydractive suspension models.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice Clare reg too 😁

I think the hydropneumatic suspension was optional on the newer model.

An older shape 2009 C5 would be pretty rare as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I thought 08 was the last year of them too. Will see the date of manufacture when I get the VLC.

Sold new in Castlepark Motors, Limerick. Still has the dealer plates and disc holder.

Few little jobs to do on it, like any second hand car but loving the comfort so far!

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Agricultural equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked this up last month to replace my 1.0 Mk7.5 Golf after 5 years. Had my heart set on a GTI but they're €58k now and I couldn't justify it.

Going down the list of slightly more sensible options a GTE comes in at €54k and an eHybrid is €49k, still a lot of money for something that isn't a hot hatch. This came in at more or less the same price as a 1.5 Golf.

I wasn't expecting my next car to be an EV, just wanted something with a bit more power and this fit the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭duffman3833

I was sitting in all the Cupra's over the weekend at a car show in Drogheda. By far my favourite cars there. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

6 years ago today I arrived home from Ipswich with this.

Hasn't put a foot wrong in that time although the milage is small on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mooretaxi

They're a great carbut don't forget to clean the hybrid battery cooling fan filter

was thinking of a Lexus for next car. Do they get anywhere near the claimed MPG though?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm not sure what is claimed so I'll just tell you what i get.

I found the info on the dash is a bit generous by 2mpg.

Motorway kept at under 70mph I get 42mpg.

Urban would be somewhere around 32mpg.

My average over the time I've had the car is 40mpg.

Besides servicing the only things I've bought for the car are tyres and wipers.

Battery is still first day one so being nearly 10 years old I'd expect it not to last much longer.

Will probably need brake pads and discs next year some time.

And that's about the whole history of the car.

Still feels like a new car.

I got a brand new is300h a few times while it was in for service and I actually prefer my own.

Would normally be after changing by now but it drives so nice I think I keep it until it packs in itself.

Oh forgot I one thing.

There's two brown relays for the wipers under the bonnet.

One of these are known for going and your wipers start sticking a bit.

Lexus workshop manual says to change the motor but it's just a relay.

Changed the relay 5 years ago and no problem since.

Post edited by blade1 on

cheers for that. Will be going from a 10 BMW F10 520D to this hopefully in new year. Not getting it to save fuel but like the look of the car and reliability would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sligopaul

Mine for over 3 years, basic enough spec, good mile muncher and nice white pearl metallic, not many on the roads here and a bit marmite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭djan

Love the GTs, probably the most practical BMWs out there. Just a shame there's so little of them as a 335d/i GT would be the perfect car for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's that time of year again... And I can still barely work this damn thing!

For context, with the same video throughout the years (how long am I at this now...):

Well, I've sort of ran out of cars for the moment, so we'll go with the humble work van (and keep the S60 for the weekends)

Spoiler: I changed what I was driving in September:

The circumstance behind this photo was a bit unusual; there were cattle blocking the road so used that opportunity to grab this pic 😅

Comfy, cheap to run, easy enough to fix. Can hold a few computers and cables. What's not to like, be grand!

I do hope when next year comes along I'll have something more me at this spot, ah time will tell. Currently stretched beyond my limits...

I probably won't be back for a while (if you know, you know) so make sure you all have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year 😀 My first time saying that this year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I probably won't be back for a while (if you know, you know)

Santa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Project FREElander is coming along well, not bad fir a free car that was destined for the scrap yard

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Picked her up yesterday… cracking step up from a Hyundai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Filthy already, soon as it gets a good clean, I’ll stick more up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Lovely set of wheels on the Audi, too many people go for those chunky S Line ones!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭OSI

What's the craic lads. Haven't been around these parts for a quite a while since the change to the new platform and a lot of stuff going in the real world. Things finally starting to settle down so can start to enjoy a bit of the open road again. Garage has change a little bit since the last I was here 👀 Now fully electric

Porsche Taycan 4S

BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

Just took delivery of this yesterday. BMW i4 M50. 550bhp. Insanely fast. Few mods to come over the coming months. Delighted with it. EV is the future!

Post edited by Dutchie on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice car but who the hell bought that and kept it for roughly a year or even worse less than a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

Advertisement