Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Excellent post. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the car. it takes quite a long time to get the right car and to know that it's the right one. Most people spend their entire lifetime hunting for their "perfect" car and never get there.

Some peoples' expectations are also way off but when you get a car that you really love (for whatever reason), it brings joy back to driving your car. It is a great feeling.

I had that feeling years ago with a diesel Peugeot 406 (stop laughing at the back). It did everything I wanted it to do for me at the time. Economical, dependable and comfortable. I loved it, because it did exactly what I wanted the car to do. It did it in spades and my owning experience for the few years I had it were trouble free.

I never really had that feeling since - I yearn for that feeling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers. As I said before, I did my research and felt in love with what it offered. I was never a badge snob ( unless it's Dacia :pac: ), but I never though my dream car will be Huyndai lol. They say, that you better not meet your heroes, but I got lucky I guess.

I am in situation right now, that I don't even know what I would want for my next car. Most likely facelifted i30N. Would love Elantra N, but that will never come over here. The way things going, it most likely will be my last fun petrol car. I tend to hold on to my cars. When they drag me in to EV kicking and screaming, I could definitely see myself in Ionic 5 N hehe.

406 Peugeot 1.8 has a special place in my heart too. The damn thing was bulletproof. Loved it. One of the first proper cars I had in Ireland. Sold it on to a friend after having it for years. She drove it for years after that as well. Did only service to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭otis

Bought this a few weeks ago, I must say it's a very impressive machine, very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

@otis congratulations on your Santa Fe.

How is the drivers seat? Is there 8-ways adjustment and thigh cushion support?

Post edited by masterboy123 on

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Back on the road early this morning for the first time in 6 months. Last Nov I suffered a brain haemorrhage just 3 months after I bought the car. Not only was I lucky to have survived it but also came through the surgery without any physical or mental impairments. Most people are not so fortunate with this kind of thing. To say I feel thankful and grateful is an understatement. Being off the road for this time was a small price to pay. Gosh I missed driving this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I need a “my other car’s a Punto” bumper sticker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is that yours? Well it is a post a picture of my car thread so....

Yes it is

All you need now is a driver to drive you around while you sit in the back. Haha! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Haven't been on here in ages. Last week I booked into rally school Ireland in Monaghan for some instructor time in my own car. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and learned loads. Although driving a long time, would consider myself very much a novice when it comes to car control on and over the limit. Doing this really let's you explore how the car reacts and behaves when pressed a little, and no doubt could help you be safer if you ended up in a situation like that on the road.

Would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

@vintagevrs Been thinking about something like this Rally school myself to learn some control at the limit too. How much was the insurance cover for the day or did your existing policy cover you for taking the car on the track already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

The car would be uninsured as far as I know when on private property at something like this. I was the only car on the track though and risk would be low to none with what we were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

@ Duke - that is stunning, fair play to you, and happy wafting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

With the rising costs of holidaying anywhere in Ireland or abroad, I decided to treat myself to some Tentbox goodies and turned the E Class into a mini "Camper Van" 😊 Surprisingly comfortable and easy to setup and take down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

16 years old and I've owned it for 8 of them. I bought it from a PM here - and then posted in this thread when I first drove it home.

The rust is winning. (Just look at the front wheel-arch) Even the aluminium doors are corroding. But I've had the worst of it patched and what hasn't rotted through the metal yet, I've scraped the flakes off with a wire brush and either Waxoyl'd it or covered it in spray-on Hammerite.

It's about slowing the decay so, when I actually get a bit of cash or actually have some energy to work on it, it can be tidied up properly.

It spits fire and backfires while driving, makes coal-rollers eyes water with the raw toxicity of unburned fuel coming out the exhausts, but it still runs.

But who'd have thought a *Mazda RX8* would be the most reliable car I've ever owned.

----

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Spent most of the day scrubbing it for C&C tomorrow in Dundalk.

Looks like it's going to piss rain all day now, typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

picture taken of my car at a meeting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Purchased this a couple of weeks ago for a bit of summer fun it's a 04 and really nice spec.

Had it out today for a good trip and pleasantly surprised at how well it was running and felt really good on the road it's definitly more fun off the motorways and main roads then it is on them tho.

Needs some tidying up and a good service and clean up which I'll be making a start on this coming week.

• Advertisement

What engine is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So it's been 12 years since I sold my JDM siR transtop delsol...

And today my vintage (92') arrived. 83k miles from new, JDM siR transtop.

I've been collecting parts for this day for a long time, Mugen front and rear lips, rep skirts, teg type-r spoiler, JDM one piece lights with amber corners, rear 50/50s and lots of other JDM goodies, I cannot wait to get cracking. I don't think it'll see the light of day this summer.

The daily 330 too, soon to be replaced with something with four doors.

You don't see those any more. Has it got a LSD?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah the siR's all come with LSD and a slightly more powerful 1.6vtec engine compared to what we got here in the VTI. It's basically an eg civic siR with an electric roof.

It's the n46 2l.

Because I had company car until recently and my wife always insured our main car which is an f10 I started off a new policy so not many companies would look at me with an older car and the ones that did wouldn't go over a 2l.

It's plenty for me at this moment in time it's my first hobby car in years so I'm gonna enjoy fixing all the oil leaks but apart from that the engine is running well.

Love that 330 it's best colour too :) space grey 530 be a nice 4 door upgrade..

Started my grand tour of Europe today in this:

Its a 1.4 petrol with factory with LPG so predictably gutless. I had a multijet Punto which was much nicer but it got a rear-endin' a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s the holiday paid for so 👳‍♂️🚑🏥🏪💰

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I sold the 330d lately because I fancied a bit of a comfy cruiser. Had been looking for a 530d ideally but couldn’t get one with the right spec. Settled on a 530e in the end and lucked out with this one a bit. M Sport Pro pack, Comfort pack, soft close doors, head up display, memory seats, rear heated seats and some nice individual trim inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Beautiful car😍 sorry to hear about the haemorrhage, how absolutely terrifying! Good to be alive and wishing you happiness forward from it 😎

Advertisement