Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

This is my 335i m sport I'm getting ready to sell. Gave her a quick clean.

Looks and drives really well for a 2008 car, but I am biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I’d say that is a right hoot to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

Yeah, It has been a bag of laughs.

Hard time deciding what's next

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Old blue passed the test this morning, after lying up for over 2 years. Need to get the rusty arches sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Turns out someone who lives 10 minutes from me has been hiding a green siR... What are the chances? Sorry about the absolute shocking pics, it was night time unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Pulled up next to the best built cars in the world with the worst bult cars in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Mods: not sure if I can post this in a BMW thread :)

New family bus. Getting ready for tent box or storage roofbox and then we are happy camping. Pray for good weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Black is great when it’s clean 🙂 which isn’t for very long admittedly. I have no idea how to get Boards to rotate my photo!

• Advertisement

What I do is post it and quickly download it and turn it and then reupload it and edit the post so it is the correct way up like I done to your picture below.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Another beamer 😒😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is that light blue or grey @Wailin? Which model?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

It's called bluestone metallic, can look grey or blue depending on the light! It looks grey in the pic above (on the original alloys). Model is 540i.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers, yeah looks completely different colours in those pics. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Had to pull over to get this snap last week. *Chef's kiss*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Lads, can someone link me the buying and selling forum. Cannot for the life of me find it with stupid new update. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,117 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's gone. It was merged back into the main motors forum about 2 or 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Coming up on 2 years of ownership since new and it hasn't missed a beat. Glad I bought it when I did as less then a year later the price shot up to ridiculous levels. I've owned a few Beamers, Toyotas and Lexus before but the Alfa in terms of driver engagement and feel is just a clear head and shoulders above anything else I've owned. This is the 280bhp version so plenty of power for me. The car is so beautifully balanced through the corners, it makes you seek out B roads just to enjoy it. I accepted the risk when purchasing but so far no regrets whatsoever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've a Giulia myself. I think we're well beyond the "Alfa's are unreliable" trope, they're as reliable as any other machine. Best looking and best driving car on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

I hit 40k. Practically worn out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Absolutely love the Giulia, such a fantastic looking car. I'd have one myself in a heartbeat but unfortunately the boot is not practical with a big dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

The Stelvio solves that problem! :-) or maybe the smaller but newer Tonale?

Sure is quiet around here. Here's one someone took of one of mine at a show at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

My wife’s using my 530e these days so we sold her car before Christmas. Picked up a nice old W211 E200k for a few months. Really impressive cars for an old bus.

While the car was faultless I was getting a little bored of it. I had a Clio 172 that needed work that I didn’t have time for so decided to offload both and get something a little more usable. Had been looking for a while and this popped up local to me. Last of the supercharged engines, the whine of it is addictive. Pretty much an encyclopaedic history from day dot, every major job done and some tasty mods. So far so good, few small visual bits done but that’s it.

Post edited by GustavoFring on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

My 308 GTi, owned it several months now, bought it as it was the first time I was doing little mileage and could afford something fun. All changing now with a new job so it's time to move it on. Will be sad to see it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭brokenbad

My Pride and Joy - 2016 Rav4 2.0 D4D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Looks immaculate! I won’t ask how much effort it takes to keep that black paint looking that well!

Cui bono?

Nice mini Gustavo, had a rip on one of those on country roads when they first came out and man are they a fun car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I’m really happy with it. It’s the kind of car you look forward to a rip off on a Saturday morning. It’s not quick by todays standards but it doesn’t need to be. Feels like you’re bombing along at low speeds. They weren’t on my radar at all but after a spin it had to come home with me. They can be finicky as they age but this seems to be really sorted. Genuinely haven’t been this happy with a car in a while.

Have been slowly collecting parts to stockpile and adding the chrome and wood bits as it suits it. Think it might be a keeper.

Advertisement