Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WestEire00

Anyone from this campaign still waiting to hear back? Is there any WhatsApp groups going I could get added to 😊 I'd love to chat with someone also who has had an offer an been there and can provide some information on what it's been like so far 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Any tips for the fitness test? Have mine Friday 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 45 2023recruit

It's actually easy enough just rest now to friday and take plenty water. After the running. Just don't try be a hero and set the pace just keep with the flow and keep to the beeps don't go all guns blazing thinking ul sprint from start but if you pass beep it should be in the bag. Just a side note to you all if you pass fitness you do drugs test and that can go back up to 6 months so if you were on any prescription medication try remember cause they ask you incase it shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

Still waiting myself. I got deferred because of my BMI and blood pressure. Got my BMI back down to normal and BP under control and sent a doctors letter to occupational health at the start of November and haven't heard anything back since. Was hoping to get an offer for January intake.

Give them a ring and or email. The vetting is the slowest part and it's different for everyone I had everything complete as did quite a few other and were hoping for Jan but my vetting still no done and they not exactly fast at there job. There is room for a overhaul on this as there is no communication and they leave everyone in limbo which is not fair some people even waiting years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

are you 22 or 23 campaign? Mad that they are still doing fitness tests for 22 campaign still if u are that one

Is there anyone you know still doing finess from 22?? I thought it all 2023 doing pct

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

@2023recruit are you still waiting on vetting from 2022 campaign. Have they given any info at all when you ask why taking so long?

I've rang Appointments twice since the start of November and each time I've gotten the exact same answer verbatim.

" we're waiting on one or two suitability checks and we will give you a call when they come in"

I'm just trying to wait patiently. The only **** thing is I have a long term job I would want to give fair notice to, a wife and 3 kids so we're all just kind of in limbo at the moment. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

I am yes

• Advertisement

I'm 23 campaig. Was Bach one per and medical done by mid September but vetting is holding me back. Was hoping to get away for Jan. But hr says waiting on vetting back

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WestEire00

I was in the same boat as you with bmi, submitted new BMI in Nov, waiting to hear back on that and vetting still!

Yeah I don't even know if I will even hear back from Occupational Health. One comment I read said after they submitted a letter a month letter they got a call with an offer and never actually did hear from Occupational Health so I'm not sure what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

Hey guys just wondering did any of ye have to meet the chief super ? Just off the phone now with hr and told they were waiting for a report of chief super and vetting to come back, i was told by them a while back that it was just vetting that my files had come back from local station from meeting with sergeant, told me i wouldnt b meeting the superintendent. Is it that my file is near being signed off or will i have to meet the chief super as it been over 4 months since station meeting.

any info greatly appreciated.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rossieboy20

Hi all, I have got a place for the April intake. She said it’s probably the 8th of April but will email out when it’s confirmed. Is there any WhatsApp group for the April intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mart123456789

Hi anyone know exactly what’s the story with bmi if it’s around 28 bit of fat ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 A-23

How does the drug test work and will you be waiting around for a good bit after for results l? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irv2023

Congrats! 👏

Good to know they are already starting sending the offers for April!

Which campaign are you? 2022 or 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irv2023

Congrats! 👏

Good to know they are already starting sending the offers for April!

Which campaign are you? 2022 or 2023?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rossieboy20

I am the 2022 campaign. I first applied in March 2022 so it’s been a very long wait. I’ve had numerous problems with my eyesight and hearing tests. I would say to anyone who hasn’t heard anything back yet and like me was half expecting to be in the January intake, just email occupational health, appointment, just all of them. I think that’s the only reason I got a call last Friday to say my file was up to date. Also if anyone is applying now and fails their eye or hearing tests do not worry.

Im 22 campaign also. Its been over 8 weeks since I sent Occupational Health a letter from my doctor for updated BMI and still haven't heard anything only a confirmation email from OH the day after my doc sent the letter to state they received it. Called Appointments twice in the past 8 weeks and they always give me the same answer "were waiting on one or two suitability checks". I'll email them and see what happens. Hopefully see you down there in April myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ropes29

Any What’s App groups for April Intake?

Good advise. I emailed both yesterday and got a call for April intake this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 puntcuncher

Hey everyone, quick question. I'm from last years campaign and just noticed somebody mentioned about penalty points and if they were meant to declare this on the form B?

I was caught by the guards speed gun as couple years ago going 10 over the limit. I got penalty points but it never went to court. I never declared this on the form B cause I don't think it was necessary. How F'd am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 abz54

Anybody know I have a repeat medical .. I have adhd and disclosed that and am on medication for it.

will I pass the medical second time?

nothings changed .

anyone let me know?

I haven't heard of anyone having to repeat the medical. They might ask for a letter from your Psychologist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CONGUI

hi all,

Any whats app groups for April?

got the call yesterday, I'm 2022 campaign met the super in April 2023 and was waiting on the suitability checks since then.

Never thought the day would come.

• Advertisement

Advertisement