Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

Not sure tbh but they never actually said I failed the test. Just got the same message as you. Could have just needed clarification or further tests, I did feel that my eye test on the day didn’t go great. When I went to the opticians my tests were all perfect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mattata95

I am just joining this thread as i could use some advice. i had to repeat the physical tests and i signed up for campaign 2023/24 in case i failed. i passed all the Pct and had my medical assessment in August 29th but still getting the same Spiel medical results not back yet. in the mean time i have gotten a date for my PCT again for campaign 2023/24 and not sure if i should go or will it just delay the first application for this campaign? anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emmak123

I’d say just stick with the 2022/2023 campaign because your basically at the same stage your medical will come back takes about 8 weeks. I know it’s frustrating but just be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 andreafarrelly00
    af2000

I'd ring up about it if I were you, very unusual you got a second date for your PCT if you've already passed. Ring them and explain your situation, they picked up straight away for me when I had some queries. They'll take you off the wrong email list and put you back on the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BernieShark

Howdy,

I met my sergeant about two weeks ago and am just waiting for the last of my vetting to be done before I guess I have the interview with the Superintendent.

Does anybody know how long it usually takes after the Sergeant meeting before meeting the Superintendent?

I know I won’t make the October start date but was wondering what is next start date after if anybody knows or can roughly predict?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Time frame is different for everyone, I have everything done and past since march 22 and only made Octobers intake this year so from my experience I’d say you have a long road ahead of waiting, think next intake is January think it’s every 11 weeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 osk112

Ya January is the next after October probably like 1st Jan or week after start for intake. For meetings it is random for every station I had my inspector and sergeant meeting in same week and I waited longer for super but not that long.

It is a long wait for background so need to have patience fingers crossed for next years intake it is sad to think that I applied in March 2022 and still in process and probably still until 2024.

Hope for good news never know when the call is going to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cvettori

@hoops67 The same for me. I decided to do laser surgery as well. Which type of surgery is requested , PRK or Lasik? or it doesn't matter? They did pass you after surgery is done ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mattata95

No, the reason being is I applied for both campaigns because the first time I failed my pct was the end date to apply for 2023/24 so I did. And because I flew through the checks and tests I'm in two campaigns at the same time because I was told that was okay now I'm thinking did that slow my whole application down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

optilase Recommended PRK but I went with Lasik instead and the guards accept both they don’t even ask. Yes they passed me 6 weeks post surgery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Anyone have a WhatsApp group for October intake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@Conor123456 send me a PM there with your mobile number and I’ll ask someone to add u into it.

Anyone else here still hoping for October intake ? Praying for a miracle 🤣

Haha well I am living with it day by day but I don't think I be in for October also very short notice especially if you work in a job that needs like a month notice.

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LS_02

Hi, just wondering if there is anyone to add me to the October 16th WhatsApp group?

af2000

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Stretch1432

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Stretch1432

Hope you all realise how tough of a job it has become amd how high an attrition rate it has .

• Advertisement

I am sure everybody knows that applying for the job. All we can hope that they do something about recruitment because waiting 2 years+ to get into college it's long time the process take from 1 to 2 years then once you get trained properly to really serve community it's quicker to resign and that's what people do. Once you are out there the life tests you if you are really fit for the role. In terms of rosters personally I think 4-12h and 4 off is quite good roster as you get good time to recover and work on yourself/family should stay that way if the guards prefer this roster the high rank should be able to do it for them because they are out on the streets and community need to feel safer more presence is needed and if we get more resignations it's a bit of a problem for the future, as the hiring process takes to long less people coming in and more leaving the force as we know.

Post edited by osk112 on

af2000

Any WhatsApp groups for this? I'm Batch 11, post fitness test and medical...just waiting on the results for background checks to be completed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcg1989

Pm me Andrea and I will add you 👍

Anyone hear of offers going out this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Hey everyone!

I did my fitness test this month last year and the medical November last year. I was told yest that they are waiting on one of the background checks to come back no idea of what at this stage. My question is do you have to repeat the fitness/medical if it’s been over a year since you did them?

Hi, no i don't think so, once your stages are successful you proceed to training. Only if you failed something you might repeat otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Heard a fella got one last week but had to defer. Didn’t hear anything this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcg1989

Have u ever been living out of the country or any family members living out of the country ? That it is taking a year on your vetting. ? That is crazy that one check is taking that long

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sean123123123123

Just got my offer today for intake on the 16th , just a bit too much short notice to join then . I said I would defer for the next intake (late December / Early January) has anyone an idea if that’s acceptable? Over the phone he seemed like it was no issue .

• Advertisement

I did the exact same, had to defer due to work. When I rang them back they just advised me to reply to the offer email and ask them to defer it and give your reason.

Hopefully offers for the next intake aren't too far away

Advertisement