Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options
1153154155156157159»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Absolutely abhorrent.

Sick of these people causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,165 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Shag all will be done.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

At least a person who has made dozens of death threats against politicians and has harassed lgbt people and people involved in vaccine administration was arrested this week. Not posting details (as per site rules) as it is before the courts.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Well it must have been in the media?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,122 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Galway nut..." - they don't mince words over at Galway Beo!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

We used to lock up far too many people in mental hospitals, now we lock up too few.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Not disagreeing but doing so could kill this site going by the immigration and similar threads

Happy to take the chance. Although it'd be better if we sent them back to school for critical thinking and research lessons.

• Advertisement

To be honest it doesn't look like school worked the first time for them, I wouldn't hold out hope for a second bite of the apple.

“This will be the year of the dead TD; this is getting out of control. The abuse now is chronic. Something stupid is going to happen this year. I am convinced there is going to be Jo Cox. That’s my real fear,”

I think they are absolutely correct in this analysis. The abuse and violence is growing all the time.

Terry Pratchet

Absolutely no doubt about it, and it'll be someone out on bail or a suspended sentence too. These judges don't have a breeze and don't have to live among the violent criminals they release on a daily basis.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...some load of sh1te electricians in this country!

That's awful.

My late mother suffered from dementia and was a resident there for ten years, the staff were wonderful, she died in Feb 2020 just before all the covid restrictions kicked in. Disgusting what these nazis are up to, shame on them, none of them deserve to be called Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

But none of them are being caught. The guards should be going after these arsonists and throwing the book at them. It's only a matter of time til a firefighter loses their life in one of these attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Gotta love how the 'reasoning' is, 'immigrants will bring crime' so we'll commit heinous crimes to prevent them coming.

Is that 2 dozen fires now in the last few months? Pretty sure it's over 20, RTE should keep a tally online!

Yeah. It's roughly 24 in last 6ish years and most of the 24 happened recently

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Absolute scumbags. Racist, conspiracy theorist, paranoid narcissists.

"we can't accept refugees, we've nowhere to put them, quick, let's burn down all the places where we could put them"

"immigrants are taking buildings that Irish people could live in, so let's burn those houses down"

"immigrants are all criminals, so let's become violent criminal arsonists to stop them"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Theres a "protest" today in the Garden of Remembrance. Usual thickos attending.

Odd that the sentencing range is so wide - actual sentence to be determined later - but she will serve at least four years.

Kids who go to school have some hope of being able to confide in someone they trust about an abusive home life, but kids who are homeschooled can be in effect imprisoned.

Worth noting that YouTube were fine with the vile content she was putting out, they didn't delete her channel, she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭AllForIt

^^ How is any of that , including the post you quoted, related to the thread?

Are you saying paedophiles and child abusers are all right wingers or what?

edit:typo

Post edited by AllForIt on

Why is it when someone posts "some A did X" someone is guaranteed to post "why are you saying that only A do X" or "why are you saying that all A do X"

?

I was replying to a post which mentioned her and it is 100% relevant to this thread. The Christian fundamentalist movement in the US is right wing, powerful, and completely nuts. Did you read the Salon article? Nope, thought not.

There's a certain element of "spare the rod and spoil the child amongst right-wing chlidcare philosophy, but that's me playing devil's advocate to be fair: I'm not justifying Hotback's inclusion of the post, nor am I accusing conservative parents of unnecessarily physical chastising their kids!

She was broadcasting her advice under the pretense of her abuses being good conservative parental practices, so there is grounds for a "danger fro the right" there, although I'm not entirely sure convinced that what she was doing to her own kids was what she was advising other parents to do.

Pedophilia isn't at play here because there was no mention or accusation of sexual motives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

She was also accused of being homophobic and transphobic, which definitely comes stronger from the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That ape Ross Lahive charged with six counts of assault over an incident where a children's storytelling event in Tralee library was stormed by him and several others last year.

That is an insult to apes, they actually have intelligence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Advertisement