Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think we can almost wrap this up - even the ones who fought it seem to agree that the levels of arson, rioting and political.intimodation is a more of a threat than some hippies with pronouns.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

Terrible that local communities who have been ignored, gaslit and vilified by the Government and media institutions in this country for the sake of deeply unpopular, insane policy, now feel the need to resort to these type of tactics.

In other news, everything going swimmingly for the security guards in Newtownmountkennedy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Straight to the whataboutery defence. Utterly disgusting.

The fascists on Jim Dowson's dime don't give a sh*t about local communities.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

What’s disgusting is what is being forced on rural communities up and down the country

• Advertisement

Ill take the immigrants who want to live in peace over the Irish who are going to burn my house down as neighbours any day of the week thank you very much.

First they came for the immigrants...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I grew up in a rural community and I can smell the fake concern a mile away.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭concerned_tenant

People's communities are being transformed beyond recognition, and without the approval of the general public.

This isn't even a "right wing" issue; it's simply common sense that people express concern when the area in which they live is made more dangerous and more unplanned over time - stretching already stretched resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Do you think this violent behaviour is acceptable?

As far as your other point, read between the lines.

source said: ‘Words were exchanged between these two men and it became violent. It was something innocuous, something like security asking them to move to a different area of the grounds, something to that effect. One of them didn’t like being told what to do and whipped a rock at the security man’s head. He got a gash to the head and then it all kicked off.’

‘One of the asylum seekers then got a belt in the mouth and goes down. There was a time there where security thought they were going to be overwhelmed by the men and the gardaí were called and things managed to calm down. The asylum seeker’s injuries weren’t much but he did require medical attention so an ambulance was brought for him.’

When I see "It was something innocuous, something like security asking them to move to a different area of the grounds,", I straightaway picture some of the power control freaks I used to work with, ordering people around "innocuously" enough. These people are refugees. We have no idea what they've come from or how they have been treated prior to their arrival. Some are more than likely suffering from traumas that most of us here will be lucky enough to avoid.

I also find it peculiar that the security guard that had a head injury didn't require hospitalisation, but the man who threw the rock did. That does not sound reasonable to me.

Left wingers aren't the ones torching the community.

Some people sre happy to watch the world burn if it means they get to rule over the ashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Their traumas are no concern or problem of ours, they are economic migrants abusing the asylum system, who passed through multiple safe countries to get here, many of whom are coming here from safe countries already as had been repeated ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are we in a strange world now where a lot of these people considered 'far right extremists' would also hold far left views as well?

Because right wingers are following refugees and burning the place down. It'll be no time at all til a poor fire fighter loses their life.

Seems like it, a few posters above would probably tar me as “far right” even though I’ve voted Sinn Féin the entirety of my life up until now. Back in my day “left wing” meant looking after the Irish worker.

And can I just say I have no problem with refugees and support them coming here, just in numbers we can reasonably sustain. The current situation is madness and an affront to the irish citizen, also a raw deal for the lads sleeping in tent cities too I might add.

Funny how Irish nationalists are more than happy to kill actual Irish people when it suits them. Also, this:

Using a phrase coined by the man who practically invented Ulster Unionism.

H. H. Asquith

utter nonsense.

They're still human. They're not abusing the system either. They apply for asylum as they are legally allowed to.

Go off an apply for asylum in one of their countries and see how you fare. You’d be turfed out faster than you could say “I’m still a human being!”

Why would any Irish person need to apply for asylum in any of those countries.....

I think you’re missing the point entirely to be honest with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭purifol0

Oh this thread is a right laugh.

Here's a question for ye, if the women of Ireland, who make up the vast majority of welfare spending and themselves vote for whatever politician will promise them more freebies (left wing policies) go out protesting against mass immigration - does that make them left wing or right wing?

I left Ireland for Germany, best move I ever made. Fourteen years later, I'm happy, they're happy and I don't have to put up looking over my shoulder at potential firebombs from rampant racist feral Irish scumbag "freedom" fighter locals.

So much nicer living in an actual first world country. Say what you like about AfD, they aren't literally burning the country down.

I have no idea what "their countries" are, but then neither do you.

Germany itself has experienced problems with crime and mass immigration.

You may not have had a bad experience in Germany, but many Germans have. That's why support for right-wing parties has grown over the past number of years.

The latest German Police Crime statistics (PKS), relating to 2022 show that the overall number of crime suspects rose by 10.7% compared to 2021. Out of the 2,093,782 crime suspects, over a million (1,309 906) had German citizenship and almost 800,000 (783 876) were suspects without German citizenship. This category, notes the police also includes tourists and people entering the country specifically to commit crime.

The numbers of German crime suspects rose by 4.6% and the numbers of non-German crime suspects went up by 22.6%. Within this "non-German" category, the police say that 310,062 were migrants.

…310,062.

You can continue to deny the link between uncontrolled mass immigration and crime, but the link is definitive — and it has occurred in every single European country that has accepted large volumes of young males from countries whose values do not align with our own liberal values.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,200 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Such pointless sentences. You may as well just point out that there is a link between people and crime.

No, it's called evidence — and it shouldn't be blithely ignored, either.

If there were 310,062 cases of far-right violence in Germany, you'd raise the statistic in a very, very different way.

Funny how a handful of far-right cases of violence receive a disproportionate amount of attention about how we should take the "seriousness of the far-right", and yet when migrant crime in Germany is 300k+ cases in a single year, the figure just gets dismissed and ignored — a "nothing to see here" approach.

You really couldn't make it up. Some people only care about violent crime when certain sub-groups within society commit it.

The number dwarfs the number of far-right crime in Germany (and far-left crime, when it comes to it). Interesting to see in these statistics that left-wing extremists were more responsible for arson than right-wing extremists.

Evidence of what?

That people commit crimes.

You would have to be very naive to think that people from other countries don't commit crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,200 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Half of the 310k posted above, were immigration violations. Only migrants can commit those.

I seem to recall this 'technique' being used in various incarnations of this thread, blowing up the numbers artificially.

All sorts of interesting tidbits in that link:

"According to the German government, there were a total of 1,420 politically motivated attacks on asylum seekers and refugees in 2022. Most of these crimes (83%) were politically motivated by the far-right. With an increase of 69%, the number of crimes against asylum seeker accommodation reaching 120, these attacks increased significantly compared to the previous year. The number of violent crimes against refugees also increased, rising by 22% to 278 that year."

Likewise, crimes committed by migrants against Germans, are more likely to be reported, than Germans against migrants.

Also, 80 arson crimes against centres in Germany. Ireland needs to pick up the pace! /s

You're deliberately playing sleight-of-hand, pretending that there is nothing to see here.

Far-right crime in Germany totalled approximately 1,900 cases in 2022.

In 2021, migrant crime was approximately 310,000.

That means for every 1 far-right crime, there are roughly 160 migrant crimes.

Yet you want us to focus solely on far-right crime, and not the outrageous levels of crime that uncontrolled, mass immigration has afflicted many European countries with.

It's funny that when a far-right nutjob commits an offense, you or your equivalent would bring that case into this thread. What if I responded as you just did to me, that, "people commit crimes…". We can all safely assume to know what your reaction would be.

But look, people can see through the attempt to ignore the unignorable. These facts cannot be wished away.

• Advertisement

Where did I say I wanted you to focus on far right crimes?

Also, can you break down those migrant crimes? As a poster above pointed out, Germans cannot comit immigration crimes.

Advertisement