Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

RTE is a fraction of the size of NASA, Vast majority of staff in RTE have nothing at all to do with wages or deals made, so the number of people that knew about this cover up is tiny.

NASA on the other hand, the vast majority of staff are space related workers, so how there is any comparison at all is beyond me.

A dozen people Vs maybe 15000 keeping a secret? And that's NASA only, ignoring all other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's not just NASA, this poster believes all space travel is faked, the moon landings, Mars probes, international missions, everything, that e.g. the Russian space agency, Chinese, European, Japanese are all faking it. That global satellites companies are in on it. That, by extension, astronomers, physicists, schools, universities, the global free press, scientists all over the world are either "dumb" or in on it. Coincidentally this poster believes Newton's third law is bunk and that rockets can't work in the vacuum of space. Can put two and two together there.

So it's no surprise with that type of logic: People at RTE being unable to keep something secret for a few years = Millions of people over decades able to keep faked space travel a secret

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Remember that according to the conspiracy theory these people are being very obvious in the deception for some reason. They are dropping clues and hints like designing their logo with a serpents tongue or something.

And that they kill anyone who might be a whistle blower, but do so in ways that are apparently very obvious and make it clear that they are assassinations.

But also they are very good at keeping secrets.

This is a result of conspiracy theorists just not thinking about their claims and beliefs with any depth.

All of these claims might sound impressive on the surface:

"Look, here's some secret symbolism."

"Here's a list of Nasa people who died."

"Look at this person tangentially connected to Nasa."

It makes for good eye catching click bait for certain target audiences.

But if anyone tries to question these things... tries to put them together in an actual narrative... thinks about the implications...

These are lines of thinking best avoided, suppressed and ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Not a red herring at all. It shows the organisation has been rife with shadyness, sleaze and deception from the very beginning. The only thing that's changed is they've gotten better at hiding it, they've anonymised it, they've outsourced the heavy lifting but continued the fraud in the background, compartmentalised those who are "in on it" i.e. the string-pullers to a very small number, likely all high-order freemasons like Parsons was. Freemasons are very proud of how they infiltrate organisations and command power. This is a well known fact.

What do you mean the vast majority are "space related workers"? Why would this mean that they would have to be privy to all the information? Bizarre point to make.

@Dohnjoe you need to calm down now. I'm not a Russian spy you believe is conspiring to infiltrate boards.ie and hypnotize you into voting for some centrist politician or god forbid, slightly rightwing.

No need for the slanderous untruths either. I did not say Newton's 3rd is bunk, I said orbital mechanics or Newton's laws of gravitation specifically to be absurd. What's really unfortunate for you is that, when challenged on these theories (they were only ever theories), Newton conceded and admitted the very same - that it was "absurd" and "inconcievable" for anyone to believe it as fact. We have the letters to prove it, I am well versed on Newton so be careful with the untruths.

Didn't stop NASA running with the story though 😂

And run with it they did.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Advertisement

You believe it's impossible that rockets work in the vacuum of space (among many other bizarre misunderstandings of secondary school physics) Therefore you maintain that the global space program for the last 70 years is "fake", e.g. you've claimed the ISS is "fake" despite multiple posters pointing out that you can physically see it.

"I don't understand something, therefore conspiracy"

I think you should apologize for falsely accusing me of saying that Newton's 3rd law is bunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ahhh I see. I get you. No logic is needed. No discussion about what a Satanist is or is not. No real deep dive analysis about NASA.

I can shout about this for eternity and nothing will change. Your mind is made up, facts be damned.

Your posts are just mental. Well and truly mental. The point where people shouldn't even be debating with you, they should be lining up an intervention.

Burning astronauts alive is pretty satanic wouldn't you agree?

Also other, less public reports of NASA employees slitting their own throats or shooting themselves in the head 7 times with a nail gun.

Wonderful organisation...

I didn't accuse you of saying it

Newton's Third Law explains how rockets move in the vacuum of space. You don't accept that it does. You trash Newton here regularly and other principles.

It's clear you don't understand it, but rather than accept that, you've chosen to invent a conspiracy.

A conspiracy that would involve vast amounts of people keeping a secret for 70+ years. Which you support by pointing to RTE failing to keep a secret.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Entirely depends on your definition of Satanism.

There's only one religion which mentions nails going through bits of people in this day and age and it's not Satanism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

There's a really good chance it would never have been exposed if checks and balances weren't in place to check for such actions. But they are and it was.

I am well aware fraud is widespread, thats not in question. But that doesn't automatically mean it can prove a conspiracy theory.

Exactly and it can't disprove a conspiracy either

No. You can.

You can point yo the myriad of issues that make a conspiracy impossible. Like for instance how it would be impossible for millions of people across hundreds of countries and organisations over decades to keep a secret like how all space flight is fake.

You can support this by pointing to how RTE, a vastly smaller organisation operating on far lower stakes was unable to a far more mundane secret.

This is just one way to debunk conspiracies mind.

Complete nonsense here.

All based on an already debunked claim that someone was a Satanist when they were not.

Master of the Universe

But even if they were, why would it matter?

Why would being a Satanist inhibit space travel?

There are loads of different ways of describing modern day Satanists but I don't think 'those who conspire to pretend humankind went to space' is one of their core tenants.

I'll once again pull out that red herring mentioned earlier. It's irrelent.

Master of the Universe

I suggest you read up on the concept of 'the burden of proof'.

Nobody has to disprove a conspiracy theory. The burden of proof lies with the person claiming there is a conspiracy. Which is this case, is you.

We just have to sit here and wait for you to produce your evidence. Otherwise it's nonsense.

So where is it?

I think it stems from flat eartherism where Markus is getting a lot of his conspiracy from.

Flat Earthers believe that a Satanic conspiracy is behind it all.

Unfortunately Markus refuses to engage or clarify on these beliefs and ruins any discussion there.

I suggest you read up on the concept of "Sealioning".

Despite your best efforts to make posters believe otherwise, nobody owes you anything.

-----------

Warning applied for attacking the poster not the post

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

looks like were back to " the conspiracy forum is a fiction writing forum" argument again

• Advertisement

Your misunderstanding of sealioning and application of it to any and all discussion that you don't like doesn't change the burden of proof.

If you are unwilling to provide any evidence or any defense of your opinions and refuse to even outline them coherently, people are well justified in pointing out that they are not very believable.

People do not owe you taking your views seriously when 1. you aren't able or willing to support them and 2. they are so obviously ridiculous.

Also the fact that the above poster's post received plenty of likes, while you've yet to recieve any kind of support at all on this forum at any point tells you how how good o1s1n's efforts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They would also need to fake the details of the trials, and hide that people died, and get that past multiple national regulators and whoever else looks at their trial results.

I'd also expect that the people in manufacturing would have a fair idea about what they expect to be doing for creating any new product and what steps go into it, anything vastly different to normal would be spotted.

You then have that once administered the vaccine side effects on a wider population will be closely monitored and those giving it out to the public would catch on pretty quickly if something untoward was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

How many kept Epsteins island a secret ??

Until now .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Until now????

I don't know what rock you've been under greenspurs but Jeffrey Epstein had been known for sexually abusing minors since 2005 and spent time in prison up to 2011.

Courts were told in 2014 that he ran a 'child abuse ring' where he rented underage girls to prominent politicians and solcalities.

He was known widely to settle many abuse cases out-of-court.

If you're only finding out about his island now, I'm afraid your very far behind the times

So again. We're being told that giant conspiracies can be kept under wraps and an example of this is a conspiracy not being kept under wraps...

As Syd points out this conspiracy was exposed ages ago. And it wasn't exposed by internet detectives piecing together clues from YouTube.

The previous examples of large conspiracies being kept hidden was the idea of 9/11 being faked with secret demolitions and the notion that all space flight was being faked.

Not sure that the Epstien thing really compares to those previous examples.

Do you think Putin, XiJinping or Kim Jong Un have brainwashed their citizens?

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

Autocratic nations restrict freedom of the press, in the same way they limit human rights.

That's very different from individuals who self brainwash that fantastical conspiracies exist and that free press outlets all over the world work together to "hide the truth" or project some narrative. You, for example, openly believe millions of scientists and journalists work together to perpetuate a grand conspiracy that satellites don't exist.

So you say no, the citizens of these countries are all free-thinkers who want to live in a US-style democracy but their press and rights are restricted so therefore can't...

I wish I lived in this simplistic fantasy-land.

• Advertisement

That's not what he said. Very strange tactic here.

You're applying a binary position to people they they don't hold then admonishing them for holding a simplistic view.

Also, you are a flat earther who believes that there is a global conspiracy to fake all space flight because you can't personally understand how spaceflight works. And yet you admonish people for simplistic views.

It is massively simplistic to believe that all journalists, scientists and governments are all part of a global conspiracy.

Real conspiracies do not work this way, and when they become very large the chances of them being exposed increase rapidly.

Advertisement