Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You see, this is what Markus does.

Makes a claim that easily refutable, refuses to acknowledge this, then changes the goal posts with strawman arguments like his last post (something which absolutely NO ONE said)

Hes then successfully dragged the argument away from his initial claim.

It's simple bad faith posting

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Remember the strawman here is that anyone who doubts a conspiracy is only able to use the argument that "too many people would need to know."

The counter example of this is something being exposed because too many people found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Hoboo

There never was a secret, it was a lie that was repeated until it became “fact”, it’s not difficult at all to maintain.

No one at this stage is keeping any secret, millions blindly take it as fact.

More chance of a lad in Jerusalem turning water into wine, billions take that to be “fact” too.

Or is everyone still keeping a secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

You were clearly implying this with your other posts that deceptions will eventually be exposed:

Here:

There are lots of examples of deception within companies. That's why audits are necessary

and here:

Audits are not a fail-safe to deception.

• Advertisement

Moving the goalposts. Your original false accusation was: "so there are currently zero deceptions going on that will not be revealed in due course".

You are now making a different false accusation and applying an argument that no one is making. All while refusing to address a single point made to you.

You have fabricated an implication where there is none. If you go back and read my posts in the context of what I was replying to in your posts it should be clear what I'm saying. But to clarify:-

A. Deceptions happen within companies- we agree on this. What we don't agree on is that the RTE revelations fly in the face of people saying too many people would have to keep a secret when it comes to conspiracy theories. I mentioned audits as a back up to say that company deceptions do happen. If there were no company wrong doing there'd be no need for audits.

B. The RTE situation didn't carry on for years and years - we both agree on this. My point is, it was found out and exposed, so its a wrong parallel to be drawing when trying to use it as an example that the claim 'too many people would have to keep the secret' is wrong when it comes to conspiracy theories. Because it isnt a conspiracy theory. Your example would have to be in relation to a conspiracy theory that was proven to be true where every one involved kept the secret. The RTE story isnt that. You're the one who drew the parallel.

C. I never said audits were failsafe to deception. I mentioned audits in the context of company deceptions being a reality.

Why are you arguing with me then? Read post number 1. This is what the whole thread is about.

My argument is that "too many people would have to keep it a secret" is a pathetic explanation for a conspiracy theory to not be true, given there are so many examples in everyday life that discredit this argument (and I specifically mentioned it not having to be related to a conspiracy theory)

I'm not arguing with you, I'm discussing the topic you have raised.

If you go back to my first reply to you on this thread, you'll see that I'm replying to you using the current RTE is as a correct comparison to prove your point, which I believe is an incorrect parallel to draw. You bumped the thread to specifically make that comparison. Are you now saying it doesn't apply to your point?

Having every day examples of people keeping secrets or not does not mean when it comes to conspiracy theories, it can't be applied as a reason for labelling something a conspiracy theory.

I beg to differ. Parallels can absolutely be drawn between the deception at rte and the deception at NASA for example. Both organisations depending on tax payer money and both defrauding what that money is going towards.

Both exploit the compartmental nature of companies to hide and decieve.

If I said 3 weeks ago "tubridy probably quit the late late because he's been getting sweeteners off the books" - you would have some skeptic on the forum say "how would all those hundreds of rte journalists keep it a secret and not blow the whistle" or some other idiotic line to this effect.

I do concede one fact however - a whistle blower against rte is not going to find themselves 'suicided'

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone would have doubted you about Tubridy! 😃

But seriously the scale of RTE vs NASA is massive. Even with RTE as small as it is the deception was discovered.

What deception with NASA has been discovered, proven and admitted by NASA?

I know they are different, it's the idea that a collective effort of secret-keeping by thousands of people would be needed to keep a deception afloat is simply not true regardless of the size of the company.

What NASA has going for it (unlike rte) is that it is a faceless organisation - NASA itself is the hidden barter account. The money will keep going in for as long as the deception continues. They fire off a missile now and then to keep the fanboys happy but really it's purpose was to shift funds. Vietnam, Iraq/Afghanistan and all Israeli wars , I believe all got extra funds via NASA off the books. During Obama years they couldn't even afford to fire off the odd ceremonial rocket because obama-care drained the NASA pot.

NASA, specifically the deceptive facet of it, is run by a very small number of former CIA agents. All the science and space related junk is out-sourced to academia who are only delighted to have the "accolades" that come with having "worked for NASA"

At the end of the day - NASA, specifically the precursor to NASA was founded by a Scientologist and a Satanist and has been abused by many powerful entities since.

Again, Nasa wasn't founded by a Satanist or a scientologist.

You've claimed this before and refused to elaborate or provide any support for this ridiculous notion.

The rest of your post is both incredibly vague and incorrect.

Nasa employs 17,000 people directly. RTE employs 1800.

If RTE is not able to maintain a secret, then there's no way Nasa could.

Every single person at Nasa would need to be aware of the conspiracy you are proposing. Either they would be directly involved in the deceptions or they would have been able to figure out what is going on since they'd be far more qualified than you to realise what's happening.

And this is before we consider all of academia who you believe Nasa outsources to.

Every single physicist on Earth would also either be involved or be aware of the conspiracy since you are of the opinion that all physics is wrong.

They we also have to consider all of the engineers from the hundreds of companies who work with Nasa building the rockets and craft. Then all the astronomers, geologists and other scientists who keep working to prove a round earth.

Then all of the other space agencies and aerospace companies around the globe.

And then all of those must be maintaining the conspiracy for decades.

And then we need to consider the cost of this conspiracy to fake all of the space flights you don't believe happen. And to maintain the secret technologies that you don't believe can work like GPS and cell phone communications.

And then all media outlets and reporters around the world must be involved or aware of it since even an amateur keyboard detective is apparently able to crack the conspiracy.

Yet the example you cling to shows that a tiny conspiracy like one at RTE was too big to maintain.

You point debunks itself. And the more you refuse to defend it, and the more reveal about what you believe, the more you show how it debunks itself.

Markus believes that all space flight is faked by Nasa and that no space missions or satellites actually exist. He has vaguely hinted at being a flat earther but refuses to clarify.

But what do you have to back that up? RTE have the executive board in front of an oireachtas committee telling them about the invoices coming through the barter account etc.

Where are the NASA employees? You are absolutely entitled to believe in anything you like. But it doesn't mean that I am wrong for not following that belief and it doesn't make me naïve either. For NASA to be lying the scale of the secret keeping would have to be off the chart and multi generational. It's not comparable to RTE and RTE isn't proof that you're right.

If you were to rely on it as proof you could simply break it down to its basic level and leave companies out of it altogether. You could simply say, I caught someone out on a lie today therefore NASA lied about the moon/satellites/space exploration - fact. Whereas its not fact at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I love statements like below

NASA, specifically the deceptive facet of it, is run by a very small number of former CIA agents

Absolute waffle

RTE are going before the oireachtas committee because they were caught out and there are faces to the fraud. NASA has no representation, or at least any transparency behind who is running it. It would be like getting the Freemasons before the Oireachtas committee.

The small branch responsible for the fraud - they are being very generously paid and in addition they and their families are under severe duress. We already saw what happened Apollo 1 astronauts along with a myriad of other whistleblowers who were found dead under highly suspicious circumstances.

This isn't even the conspiracy theory part, this is all in the public domain if you were bothered researching it. Sickening how NASA have a faction of humanoid bots online who jump in to defend them at every corner.

This is a fatal flaw of conspiracy theories. They need to rely on small numbers of people because the theorists know that if there's too many people, the conspiracy would be exposed. They know that argument debunks their theories every time. The fact RTE couldn't keep their dirty laundry from being exposed shows this.

This is why they have to declare that it's only a small team or a small cadre of people.

But when it comes time to explain how this small cadre actually achieves the conspiracy, they just dodge and ignore the question because they know that also debunks the conspiracy. They know that discussing or outlining what they believe would show how impossible the conspiracy theory is, and they can't allow that to happen.

For example, theorists here let slip that they thought that the twin towers were rigged for demolition by 16 people over a weekend. They quickly started to avoid this and refused to elaborate any further because it was obvious how silly that notion was.

Here we have someone suggesting that a "very small number" of CIA agents is faking every single space launch around the world and have been doing so for decades.

Would love to know how small this number is and how they are able to pull this off.

Too bad Markus has no interest in actually discussing his conspiracy theory.

It also bares pointing out that the claim is also false in that Nasa isn't run by CIA agents, former or otherwise.

Again, your points contradict themselves.

You claim that Nasa wouldn't have whistleblowers because only a small number would be involved. But then claim that there was whistleblowers who needed to be killed.

You also claim that these "myriads" of deaths (which you aren't going to point to) are obviously suspicious and expose the conspiracy.

You also claim that this secret is perfectly kept, but then also that all the information is in the "public domain". Another contradiction.

And, you add another layer on top of this. You are now claiming that "Humanoid bots" are employed by Nasa. This adds hundreds of people to the conspiracy for no benefit.

The flaws debunking just keeps piling up the more you try and tell us the argument is false.

This isn't even the conspiracy theory part, this is all in the public domain if you were bothered researching it. Sickening how NASA have a faction of humanoid bots online who jump in to defend them at every corner.

Its not up to me to prove your point or do your research. Its clear you're not going to provide your proof, so I won't continue asking it but equally lm not going accept what you're saying as 100% proof simply because you say it. I haven't 'jumped in to defend NASA' and amnt a humanoid bot, you brought NASA into the conversation as an example of how 'too many people would be needed to keep a secret' using RTE as a comparison and I responded to that example. You could have used any conspiracy theory you like and compared it with RTE and I would have discussed that with you too.

RTE are going before the oireachtas committee because they were caught out and there are faces to the fraud. NASA has no representation, or at least any transparency behind who is running it. It would be like getting the Freemasons before the Oireachtas committee

So RTE isn't the correct comparison to back up what you are saying that too many people would have to keep a matter a secret isnt acceptable when addressing conspiracy theories. RTE is an example of where something was happening in a company and it came to light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Hoboo

You keep banging on about some “secret” at NASA, there never was one.

It was always a lie that was sucked up by everyone at the time and regurgitated as fact.

No one is keeping secrets.

Not sure what you are referring to.

The contention that Markus claims is that Nasa is part of a global conspiracy to fake all spaceflight.

This is the cover up being discussed. And according to believers in this notion, they are keeping this a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,427 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Including faking satellites.

Also, allegations NASA was founded by a Satanist. Not sure of the relevance of that unless it hints as to the status of aliens, actual Satan, aliens impersonating demons etc - this is yet to be determined.

Apparently, all of this is possible because RTE were fiddling the books to pay Tubridy more money under the counter. And then got found out...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I think the Satanist thing comes from the whole religious flat earther stuff that Markus is getting his arguments from.

Most flat earthers believe that all governments are secretly controlled by satanists who are trying to convince people that the Earth is round. (Which would contradict the notion that it's only a few ex-CIA guys.)

The idea that Nasa is founded by a satanist is evidence of this, but for some reason he isn't being named.

I suspect it's because he's refering to Jack Parsons, who wasn't a Satanist or a scientologist and didn't found Nasa.

I've shown countless times that NASA or to be specific the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (which was later renamed NASA) was founded by Freemason and Satanist Jack Parsons who was best friends with Scientologist founder L Ron Hubbard, who likely also had influence in it's progression to NASA.

In 1944, Parsons was expelled due to his "unorthodox and unsafe working methods" following one of several FBI investigations into his involvement with the occult, drugs and sexual promiscuity

In August 1945, Hubbard moved into the Pasadena mansion of John "Jack" Whiteside Parsons. A leading rocket propulsion researcher at the California Institute of Technology and a founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Parsons led a double life as an avid occultist and Thelemite, follower of the English ceremonial magician Aleister Crowley and leader of a lodge of Crowley's magical orderOrdo Templi Orientis (OTO).[82][83] He let rooms in the house only to tenants who he specified should be "atheists and those of a Bohemian disposition".

Always makes me laugh anytime I bring up NASA related conspiracies how all the Space fans jump in to defend this faction of bottom-feeders

With regard to RTE, it was only by pure chance that the scandal came to light. NASA is a perfect example of a scandal that is still relatively concealed to the majority of people. It is your choice to buy the narrative that they are an upstanding, honorable, honest company.

Edit: Even just looking at the symbology behind NASA - a graphic of a planet or rocket orbiting a serpents tongue and also its new branch, the US Space Force - clearly a mimicry of the Freemason's compass. It's embarrassing that people idolise these scumbags.

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

But again Jack Parsons wasn't a Satanist, wasn't a scientologist and didn't found Nasa.

JPL didn't "become Nasa" nor was it founded by Parsons alone. He was also fired from his position before Nasa was founded.

As always you aren't able to even get basic facts correct.

You've still not actually explained what the relevance of this false accusation even is. I suspect that it's related to your religious flat earther beliefs.

Yes people tend to want to correct folks when they claim false things. Nothing strange about that.

What is strange is your refusal to engage or acknowledge when your claims are debunked and continue as if they weren't and assume that everyone else also cannot see what you're ignoring.

Also note that you've once against shifted to a new strawman, having abandoned your previous ones.

No one's buying a narrative that they are an upstanding, honorable, honest company.

No one's arguing that or saying that's the reason that your conspiracy theory is not believable.

It's very odd that you think your argument is strong, yet you keep having to rely on this childish tactic.

And again, you've contradicted your own argument.

If the RTE scandal can be randomly exposed, then a scandal orders of magnitude in size, time scale, stakes and implications would also be randomly exposed.

Nasa cannot be an example of a scandal because you keep failing to show it is an actual scandal.

Again you are accusing them of faking all spaceflight.

Edit:

You are now even adding a new layer of complexity and contradiction.

On top of needing millions of people to stay quiet they are also dropping obvious clues intentionally.

That's completely silly.

Post edited by King Mob on

Are you basing all your knowledge on Wikipedia searches? Are you saying that NASA are lying about who came up with JPL? And that's the conspiracy? What about the rest of your post?

Always makes me laugh anytime I bring up NASA related conspiracies how all the Space fans jump in to defend this faction of bottom-feeders

Again, you brought up NASA. Only you. You seem to be the biggest Space fan here.

With regard to RTE, it was only by pure chance that the scandal came to light. NASA is a perfect example of a scandal that is still relatively concealed to the majority of people. It is your choice to buy the narrative that they are an upstanding, honorable, honest company.

No. It was exposed through checks and balances and an audit. I havent seen anything and you haven't provided anything to draw the parallel with NASA.

Look at the end of the day, this isn't a discussion about NASA. Why you're making it solely about NASA I'm not sure. Its about how RTEs revelations show too many people are needed to keep a secret re conspiracy theories. RTE doesn't discount this at all. The secret was found out.

I specifically chose wikipedia to show how well known these facts are. Had I picked another site you would likely criticise it and accuse me of following dodgy fringe sites.

This entire thread was started off the back of a moonlanding thread. The number one, incessantly used argument was that too many people would have to keep it a secret.

You keep saying that it was exposed in RTE so what's my point? My point is that there is a really good chance that it would never have been exposed. If audits are there to weed out fraud, why didn't they pick up on it in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022?

I can assure you, fraud is far more widespread than you think and people are doing a really good job at keeping secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Even if NASA was founded by a satanist, what has that got to do with space flight?

Can satanists not go to the moon?

We call this a red herring.

• Advertisement

Nope. Not facts. jack Parsons wasn't a Satanist, didn't found Nasa and wasn't part of a conspiracy to fake space flight. JPL was not "renamed Nasa." Wikipedia does not back up any of your assertions because they are all false.

And yes the one of the arguments against the notion of a faked moon landing was that too many people would be involved. (You are not able to actually address this argument, nor any of the dozens of other points brought up that debunked the notion of a fake moon landing or your even more extreme notion that all space flight is faked.)

The fact that a smaller, lower stakes conspiracy wasn't able to be kept secret demonstrates this.

RTE being exposed is not an example of people doing a really good job of keeping secrets. It's the opposite.

Advertisement