Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Angela emotional on It Takes Two. Gorgeous dress

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw this in The Works Today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Angela made no bones of the fact that she’s absolutely gutted on ITT. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a celebrity as disappointed. Funnily enough, this was the first time she’s ever seemed genuine to me, I’ve never really liked her. I was rooting for her though, purely because she was flying the flag. She was by far the best Irish celeb they’ve ever had on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not a product promo. Just if you want to have something to talk about over the Christmas Dinner.

This company is owned by Angela's Parents-in-laws and you can order a cooked turkey crown, cooked ham or spiced beef off them and have it delivered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I haven't watched yet but I felt sorry for her, when she said plainly, last night, 'I'm gutted'.

It's especially hard to leave at this point, I guess.

I think she disguises a lot with humour, so it was hard to get to really know her until the last week or two.

I loved her partnership with Carlos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Has Nigel been in a dance-off yet? Bobby and Layton have but has Annabel been?

Based on dance-off theory, you'd have to assume it'll be one of Nigel, Ellie and Annabel to win it of that's the case. Ellie has been superb all the way through. That was a helluva Argentine Tango on Saturday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

No, neither Nigel nor Annabel have been in a dance off so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Yes, I felt sorry for her too. I do think she disguises a lot, that’s why I’ve always found her very false. Rather than give an honest answer, you often see her struggling trying to come up with something smart or witty but she’s neither. I find her dreadful as a presenter for this reason. She should just try being herself.

I never really saw her on anything apart from the ads she does, tbh, until Strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Nigel has sustained an injury and has to withdraw from the competition. They should cancel tonight elimination. A two person final would be boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,285 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not sure how true talk on line Nigel is out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

When this happens, they should run a public vote to bring back one person - with a one week exemption from elimination.

(Public vote only).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There's precedent for a 2 person final but it was a bit less exciting. Rose & Gio vs Johannes & John. 2021.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is he definitely gone for the rest of the competition, or just tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Xander10

Gone for good

Otherwise he would be automatically back for the final Which would be unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Different circumstances, AJ withdrew the night before the final. So they had no choice but to have a 2 person final.

No elimination!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I'm glad we won't have a two-person final anyway. Sorry to see Nigel go like that. What a shame.

Layton's paso was excellent. His best dance I think.

Ellie was great, but again I don't think it was the right music for the dance.

Annabel was good, but not her best.

Poor Bobby having to take on that lift. It didn't work, which was nearly inevitable.

I'm sure I've said it before but I really don't think they should allow iconic dances like that one or Flashdance. They never compare well. It's at least the third time I've seen them recreate that Dirty Dancing dance.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Bobby needs to go now. Patrick Swayze he definitely is not.

• Advertisement

Damn it, I wish Nigel and Katya didn't have to leave. Disappointing and disappointed for them.

I have lost a bit of interest now with their departure.

Very frustrating hearing three of the judges slaver over Bobby's dance. There was nothing original in it and they didn't even manage to do the centerpiece of it - the lift!

Anton even tried to say they did the lift well. Crazy stuff. Only Craig called it out but they were still overscored.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I’m not a fan of the themed weeks. Too much going on with the extra dancers, it can be hard to actually judge the dance. Disappointed Layton got the first 40 of the season, while it was a fantastic dance, it didn’t particularly look like a paso to me. All his dances look the same, they’re too showy, you can see his musical theatre training coming through. Even his ballroom dances have that frantic, West End feel. Thought Ellie’s dance was lovely but overall the show felt a bit ‘meh’. It’s not holding my interest much this year. I’m probably just bored of the format

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I've barely watched it, I've really only kept up via the thread.

After two great years with Rose, and Hamza, this year has been a big let down (for me).

Keeping Angela R in until Blackpool was so obviously deliberate, plus the inclusion of a professional dancer versus everyone else really soured it for me this year.

Also think the Judges are puppets. Shirley needs to go.

Hope things are shook up a bit next year.

They seem to be broadcasting a show tonight. I'm not sure what the point of it is.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just watched it back there and I'm not sure who was at fault for the lift. Diane was a bit wobbly when he lifted her.

It pains me that people of her calibre are considered good enough to be pros on Strictly nowadays. Karen too

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

He held her too far up her upper body on that lift, I'd say...her legs were dangling when they should have out straight.

This is what I've been saying about Layton all along - he can only dance one style, his showiness/staginess pervades every single dance he does no matter what actual dance or style it is - but he finally found a home for it last night on musicals week! I thought it was fantastic, very enjoyable to watch, worth the 4x10 score - but not so much a paso as a showdance, and not one I'll be going back to again and again.

Bobby and Diane's dance I thought was just all wrong - her older, him younger, her the pro, him the novice, plus he's just too tall and skinny (Patrick Swayze absolutely owns that role, even from the grave) - it just had the wrong vibe all over it. And the very wobbly lift definitely didn't help.

No mad standouts for me tonight (sorry last night, I'm only watching the show now).

Be interesting to see what Layton's next dance is, and if he can shoehorn himself into a strictly Latin/Ballroom routine (I'm guessing not!)

• Advertisement

Tess upstairs in the Clauditorium - is that a first??

It's all a bit weird - Billie Piper was borderline creepy, and the Annabel/Johannes love-in (much as I love her) also a bit odd....

I loved the opening number - now THAT is what a musicals night is meant to be!

Advertisement