Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Options
  • 19-07-2023 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to start a thread to this year. (I couldn't find one).

Official names will be confirmed in the next few weeks.( Time flies).

Names I've heard so far are

Ellie Leach who played Faye Windass in Coronation Street.

Adam Thomas who played Adam Barton in Emmerdale.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Angela Scanlon and Angela Rippon are two names I have read, elsewhere.

I think Adam Thomas regularly touts his own name as being a participant. Maybe it will happen for him this year 😀

Ellie Leach has been confirmed alright afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I heard about Angela Scanlon as well.

I sort got the impression Adam was doing it and he was in Waterloo Road this Year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There's probably going to be one of the three Thomas brothers in it sometime anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There'll be squeals of "jockey" if Angela Rippon is in it - isn't/wasn't she a trained ballet dancer? Even if it was about 100 years ago!

Who are the Thomas brothers???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They appeared in the Soaps and Reality TV.

Ryan Thomas played Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street.

Adam Thomas was in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road.

Scott Thomas did Love Island.

• Advertisement

In case anyone is interested, Gemma, Gorka's fiancée / partner (I'm not sure which) had a baby boy recently.

Layton Williams is another name that is being mentioned.

No idea who he is but sure Google is a great ould invention!! 😝

'Layton Williams is an English actor, singer, and dancer, best known for playing the role of Stephen Carmichael in the television series Bad Education. His first job was at the age of twelve playing the title role in Billy Elliot the Musical on London's West End.'

We should start hearing who else is competing next week. Bring it on! 💃🕺

Les Dennis is apparently confirmed as a contestant.

This guy has been confirmed this evening on The One Show.

And Angela Rippon - I thought she was already a definite. Anyway now she is.

Also, Amanda Abbington, actress, I gather.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-first-strictly-stars-announced-30627705

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amanda, John lady off Sherlock, also they were a real life couple, Amanda and Martin Freeman

I've seen Freddie and Dennis from Eastenders rumoured

Krishnan Guru-Murthy is the latest reveal.

And one more to add.

Angela Scanlon, again, I thought this was already confirmed.

Anyway now she is.

And another announcement - Zara McDermott.

'Having first shot to fame in 2018 on the fourth season of Love Island, McDermott has gone on to appear in Made in Chelsea and more recently fronted a collection of BBC documentaries.'

From Digital Spy.

Adam Thomas confirmed.

He was mentioned - there's always one of them (him or one of his brothers) hinting about doing it. 😉

'The 34-year-old, who played Adam Barton in soap Emmerdale and most recently reprised his role as Donte Charles in BBC One's drama Waterloo Road, appeared in ITV’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here in 2016, and went on to co-host the spin-off show I’m A Celebrity: Extra Camp.'

From Digital Spy.

And another announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@HildaOgdenx , thank you so much for the updates on who the celebrities are , much appreciated!

Can't wait @Mam of 4 😁💃🕺

The EE participant has been announced.

'Jade Goody's son Bobby Brazier is the latest star to sign up for SCD. The 20-year-old model and actor - who plays Freddie Slater in Eastenders - will take to the dancefloor for the BBC ballroom contest later this year.

Bobby, who is the son of late Big Brother star Jade and Jeff Brazier, said that he was "so excited" about taking part in the glitzy contest.'

• Advertisement

And another announcement.

And another.

'Paralympic champion Jody Cundy has become the latest star to join the cast of SCD 2023.

The accomplished athlete is an English cyclist and former swimmer who’s represented Great Britain at seven Summer Paralympics, winning an array of medals including eight gold, one silver and three bronze.'

Rumoured, now confirmed, Nigel Harman.

From Digital Spy, the line up so far. Just two to go.

Confirmed Celebs

1. Amanda Abbington - 51 - Actress, best known for Sherlock and Mr Selfridge

2. Angela Rippon - 78 - Rip Off Britain Presenter and Former BBC Newsreader

3. Layton Williams - 28 - Stage & Screen Actor, best known for Bad Educations and Everybody's Talking About Jamie

4. Krishnan Guru-Murphy - 53 - Channel 4 News Presenter

5. Eddie Kadi - 40 - Comedian and Radio 1Xtra Presenter

6. Angela Scanlon - 39 - Your Home Made Perfect, and The One Show Presenter

7. Zara McDermott - 26 - Reality TV Star and BBC Three Documentary Maker

8. Adam Thomas - 35 - Waterloo Road, and former Emmerdale Actor

9. Nikita Kanda - 28 - BBC Asian Network Presenter

10. Ellie Leach - 22 - Former Coronation Street Actress

11. Jody Cundy - 44 - Eight-time Paralympic Champion in Cycling and Swimming

12. Bobby Brazier - 20 - EastEnders Actor

13. Nigel Harman - 50 - Actor, best known for EastEnders, Downton Abbey, and Casualty

I've heard of a whole 4 of em' 😒

(and I only vaguely know the name Amanda Abbington, not sure I'd actually be able to pick her out of a line-up)

My education in "stars" continues courtesy of SCD!

No 14 announced. Annabel Croft.

Annabel is a former British Number One tennis player who at 15 years old was the youngest British player to compete at Wimbledon for 95 years.

She also represented Great Britain in prestigious Wightman and Federation Cup competitions, and continues to play an integral role in the coverage of Wimbledon each year and has done for many years.

Outside of tennis, Annabel has fronted entertainment shows such as Treasure Hunt and Inceptor and has enjoyed a long lasting broadcast career covering all the major tennis events worldwide. Her TV and radio career includes presenting, commentating, and working as a highly respected pundit for all the major broadcasters including BBC, Sky, Amazon Prime, ITV and Discovery.

Tbh, it never bothers me whether I have heard of them or not.

I had never heard of Hamza until he danced onto the show last year and proceeded to win it. 🤣

Aha, 5 known to me now - my favourite tennis commentator, bar none, is one Annabel Croft!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Some of the birds are fair fit.

I imagine there'll be some bloater announced as one of the final two in order to tick the "diversity" boxes.

1. Asian

2. Disabled

3. Mentally ill

4. Fat

5. Black

6. Old

7. Menopausal

8. Irish

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing who the final announcement will be and then who they partner all of them up with. 🕺💃

Advertisement