Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2023

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bobby versus Angela R. Angela R out. Unanimous decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Kai is only 28…..im shook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Yeah, he looks at least 40.

(though he is very handsome. I expect he'll get better with age, too.)

Post edited by Ezeoul on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Xander10

I don't see the point of posting this here each week.

If someone really wants to know the outcome before Sunday, then they can go find it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I find it really handy! Saves me searching for it on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,840 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Same here! Love a good spoiler! It's our own choice whether or not to click into it.

Me too! I also like to see if I guess right! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Me too! That was a shocker.

It was nice they left her dance second so she got the last dance in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I'm personally glad it was Angela Rippon who left, and it was the right result anyway in terms of standards. I was surprised it was Bobby in the dance off though! I thought he'd have more support from the public.

Hard to know who will make the final now. It's a very close race in terms of performance between Angela, Nigel, Bobby, and Annabel. Also difficult to call who would have the most public support, but in a dance off it could go either way with the judges between that lot.

Personally I hope to see Ellie and Layton in the final, and I really wouldn't mind which of the others.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I knew he was only in his twenties, but only because his age was mentioned a lot online, when he first joined Strictly.

I think he will probably age well ie he will look much the same in another twenty or thirty years. 😁

• Advertisement

Personally I hope to see Ellie and Layton in the final, and I really wouldn't mind which of the others.

Same here.

I don't want Layton to get as far as n the final, adding pressure to those who actually deserve to be there.

I'd prefer any combination of Ellie, Nigel, Angela S and Bobbie rather than Layton. Annabel will probably go next.

i think I'm rooting for Ellie to win, as she was a novice and has been consistently improving - but other than not wanting Layton to win, I don't really care who wins that much. Not like I rooted for Hamza, and Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I hope Ellie wins. Her and Vito are a great match and she is really good every week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think it'll be Ellie, Angela and Layton for the final. Ellie to win.

Bobbie being in the dance off this week when he had such a great score means his public vote isn't as high as it needs to be.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I though Bobby's jive was desperate. A brilliant song and choreography was awful. Even on the second viewing,it did nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Fabulous from Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

She looks amazing! I'd say she's lost a ton of weight, her dress and makeup were fabulous tonight, and the dance wasn't half bad either... her timing was impeccable!

As opposed to Layton, who in addition to annoying me in general (he manages to make every single dance, from waltz to AT to charleston look basically the same, I have no idea how), gave me a fit of the jitters by popping that balloon a split second too soon - I'm surprised Craig didn't pick up on it!

The rest were all much of a standard to me - the dance-off is going to be hard to call this week - I think personal favouritism is going to feature heavily from now on, so I wonder if Angela and Annabel will be most at risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Xander10

I thought it was just me, but I find Latyon beyond annoying

Me too, and the faux-modest-simpering afterwards is starting to bring me out in a rash.

Still think he'll be there in the final, though - regrettably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I thought everyone danced well tonight and it's so hard to differentiate in terms of who could or should go next.

Ellie stands out still as the best. She's brilliant and her and Vito's partnership just works so well. She looked amazing tonight and I think it was the music that let the dance down a little. I think it would have been absolutely iconic to a more traditional piece of music.

This was definitely a much weaker dance from Layton. He just doest seem to be able drop the showbiz and embrace the ballroom. I didn't want to like him from the start given his professional experience, but I can't agree with the negative comments about his personality. Despite my initial impressions I have found him to be very likeable and genuine in all his interviews over the past few weeks.

Other than Ellie, I could see any them going now. She's the only one I feel is 100% deserving of staying above everyone else.

• Advertisement

I did like Layton, but there's something about him that's so samey. Do I dare use the plateau word?

I really love Angela. She's so funny but st the same time I think, like Ellie, she's improved week after week.

I do worry herself and Nigel will be in the bottom two.

Angela vs Layton.

Angela eliminated.

Split decision - Craig, Motsi and Anton saved Layton.

Shirley would have saved Angela.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That sucks.

Shirley is getting younger looking every week. She looks great

Ah no

Not sure about that fringed look.

Feckitinanyways - I hoped she'd squeak through. Fair dues to Shirley, I thought Anton might be of a similar mind.

For Angela to be lost for words is some feat though!

I'm really sorry she's gone, I thought she was great the whole series.

I knew it would happen but doesn't make it any easier!

They had a lovely partnership.

Carlos is such a sweetheart, and we saw some of his fun side this year, with Angela.

Poor Carlos was in a heap - it's usually the pro comforting the celebrity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Did Angela do Irish dancing as a young-un?

Advertisement