Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

I didn't get call for snagging .. positively we are coming to and end 🥳 cmon!!! ... 😊 I will email Hume next week to see where we at...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 A2533

Got some proper photos tonight. Hope no one's minds me sneaking into the gardens!

For lions gate, 74 and below is cleaned 75-78 not cleaned.

The finish is really lovely, worth the wait.

You are a hero! thank you..

There seem a couple of things to be done for 75 and 78 (looks like 4 weeks more in there). 74 is the only one seem to be done.

Usually side gates are not done - this is not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynnie85

Sorry guys ,our snags been mental ,house tbh was unfinished so snag was at least 150+ ...

Waiting to get call back for second snag.. hopefully all done.

The house was so dirty and no keys for back doors etc.

Any more to update I'll be sure to let you know ..

Keep chasing them ..they're 2 laxadaisy tbh they need pushing

• Advertisement

@A2533 thanks for the photos were 74 ..appreciate it 😃

Any update re. movement on Lions Gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabriellek

I’ve been called for snagging today! Anyone else have any updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yan2

None for us yet. Still waiting.... i asked Joe last week and he said ours is being painted. Are you waiting on lions gate as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabriellek

Yeah lions gate! Just got an email this morning.

Was up there this evening. Looks like 5 houses in Lions Gate left to begin snagging (75-79)

Painting has seem to have begun in all of these.

Hi Folks,

It's me again 🤣

Has anyone considered installing a water softener into their house? If so, what did/are you going for?

For those of you not in the know, Laois has terrible lime water. While this is fine to drink, it's not good in the long run for your pipes etc. And while I know nothing about Air to Water heating systems, I imagine it has a long term effect on this too.

If anyone's installed something or planning to, or if anyone's in the know in general, do share your knowledge please 😄

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 newtoportlaoise

Hey .

the houses have water softeners already built in . The only place it’s not in the kitchen . There is a unit under the stairs that u add salt to .

Oh wow, really. That's super!

Do you know anything about the solar panels?

Post edited by A2533 on

Yeah the air to water system we have doesn’t need solar panels. We have hot water 24/7 . It’s amazing

But you pay for the electricity to run that system, no?

Post edited by A2533 on

Yes but there’s a fan on back of the house that takes the air from outside and turns it to hot water and heats the house also . It’s all run on electricity, very cheap . So you only have one bill for the house . Our bills are generally between €150-€200 for 2 months

May i ask what's the water temp and room temp that you set your heating on to get that bill? I heard it depends on your settings.

We moved in April so we have house set at 18Degrees .

the heating hasn’t kicked in yet as the house has been quiet warm ,

We use a lot of water, and never ran out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 DoctorRV

So, when you say you have one bill only - Does that mean there is nothing running on Gas ? - No Gas Boiler ?

No gas boiler. Air to water heating system runs on electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maisamladha

———-

Post edited by maisamladha on

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cormac_06

I got called for snagging in Lions Gate so that was completed Monday, however I believe there are still three or four houses haven't been called yet. Still moving at a snails pace....

We were all told that they were painting the interiors and that's what was delaying snagging. But in the snag report it suggests a full repaint of the interior of is so bad 😅 can't even make it up.

Only the 120 snags though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ah625

Hello, I have viewing in the coming days for the Bungalow, from the photos above it appears that kitchen is not fitted with appliances, rght?

Another question, is there still delaying issues for the new properties? we were told that the current listing to be delivered in the second quarter of 2024.

Thank you!

Kitchen has no appliance is correct. The upstairs bathrooms do come with full fittings and flooring but downstairs is left u floored.

Delays are an absolute certainty with the developer. If you read the comments on this thread some people have only gotten keys over a year after the initial completion date.

If you need the house to be ready by a certain date you need to avoid because they 100% will not have it ready on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ah625

Thank you, I will check with the EA in case the listed houses are already built and will ask explicitly about the possibilities of delivery delays. Anything else I need to check with them?

I'm First time buying, so execuse me for lack of knowledge, how much should I consider for the appliances in average?

You're grand, we were all in the same boat and I think we all took their word for granted.

What I would say is this - We viewed the Showhouse at the start of the year and John then took us outside and pointed to the house we would be placing a deposit on. It had a roof, windows and a front door. It's now 9-10 months down the line and we still don't have keys, so don't be fooled by how far along the house looks. If you know where in the estate it is being built, do take a drive over and see if you can get a look at the area to see how far along they are.

Last thing to get them to make clear is what comes with the house, I know there are a few people who bought in my area like 2 years ago and were told that hallway flooring and downstairs bathroom flooring came with the house. That has since changed / been clarified so make sure he is clear with what you are walking into.

With appliances I believe we have put our deposit down on €3k worth for the kitchen, that includes Washer/Dryer, Fridge, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher and Hob. I was happy with the price but you can definitely go cheaper / more expensive depending on the financial situation.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 frmref

Some updates on Lions Gate.

From the day we sent the snag list they took exactly 4 weeks to complete it, the good news is that they didn't miss a single thing, nor messed anything else while fixing the other stuff. Collecting our keys tomorrow (: which, after 18 months of waiting, feels like a huge relief.

Advertisement