Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Also moving into Park Lane. Was in touch with the estate agent yesterday, was told completion would be end of this year, early 2024. So I'm guessing here that it'll be more likely next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cormac_06

We are Number 78! We haven't been back to the area in around a month now so the last we say there was still a huge amount to do outside.

Are Hume letting you into the property on a regular basis if you ask? We visited back in March to get inside the property and it appeared to be so much hassle for them we just never asked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynnie85

@Cormac_06 Well I emailed on Wednesday and got in yesterday ,and tbh prob could spent the day there ,I was told where the hard hat was and hi vi..The door was open I went got measurements.. now still loads left inside ours 74. but 76 77 bodies in and out have some kitchen in and painted I rain in real quick just to see progression. Hope people don't mind..

Our grass is growing 😆. We'll be mowning lawns before we're in.

Hophill looks nearly there..there wasn't a lot people around so I dunno if it's man power tbh .

When I went back Joe wasn't even there for answers of completion etc.

Post edited by Lynnie85 on

Lions gate looks to be snagging in September...

I emailed them yesterday and they claimed that August was still likely for snagging.....we must get different answers depending on how they feel that day. I'd definitely be leaning towards the September timeline anyway or even further out.

Does anyone know if Hop Hill has move ins yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 newtoportlaoise

From what I can see still no movement on hop hill . They snagged about 4 weeks ago . We were waiting 6-7 weeks for ours

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bioreplika

Hi All,

Anyone from Hop Hill on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irnd

Hi all, This thread has been very helpful. We have a viewing for the 4-Bedroom Detached Bungalow/House which they have as Kilshannig/Glenveagh. Anyone who has already purchased this? The auctioneer said its Q2, 2024 possession. Reading this thread makes me nervous about their timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bscr

Hey , I would be very wary on their time frame . We were told early 2022 and got keys March 2023. There was no real reason for the delay just extremely frustrating back and forths, without minimising the stress, it is worth it once you get in

• Advertisement

Thank you for the response. They told me over phone Spring, 2024. Any idea about the location for the Bungalow/House which they have as Kilshannig/Glenveagh? I saw a lot of comments around social housing?

Like everyone said above, I wouldn't believe a word they say when it comes to timelines. If they told me I was getting my keys tomorrow I wouldn't be planning a moving truck, let's put it like that. We signed our contract in March 2023 and they told us we would have keys around 1st June. It's been 4 months since we signed the contract and somehow it's still 4 months away before we get keys (Best case scenario).

Not sure what you mean about Social Housing comments? I haven't seen any comments mentioning that here.

Many thanks for your comment. They told me over the phone today that the builder has completed construction and they even sold the show house 😂

I saw it on another thread where social housing was being a problem in the estate. If yuo ro anyone else has any idea about it would be very helpful. Its our first house, so a really important decision 🙂

There is still about 40 house not complete, they will be on site for another 2 years I say

there is no issue with social housing in this estate at all . All the houses in the new parts are privately owned.

You would nearly think they haven't been to the site to see 😂 All I'm saying is, when we signed the contracts we were less than 3 months from "Move in" according to them, it's been 4 months and we are still 3 months from "Move In" haha, if you don't laugh you'll cry!

I believe when we went to view the house back in 2022 we were told that the only Social Housing area was at the front part of the estate by the main road, but all housing under construction was privately owned so you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Few people in the group here have already moved in and if you take a spin around it you'll see there is no trouble.

Best of luck with it and like has been said here above, it will be worth it once you move in, you will just be waiting a bit longer than you'd like.

Wonder will they move anyone in hophill before builders holidays??...I'm aiming for Christmas for Lions Gate...

😄 our deposit been down since Feb 2022. .

Might head down to the site In August...

I've never known snags even to be long.. its got to be man power...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 A2533

I saw people in 62 yesterday in Hop Hill so they much have begun to move in.

Any updates on Lions Gate? what stage is it at?

Last any of us heard they were hopeful to start snagging in August / September and prior experience from people who moved in to previous developments suggest snagging could take anywhere from 6-8 weeks. So currently looking like Late October for keys, but realistically.....November

Builders holidays begun on the 21st, will be back on the 8th just in case anyone’s wondering.

Has anyone moved in Hop Hill yet??

Just curious 🤔

• Advertisement

Hey lynn.

yeah seems like most people have moved into hop hill, it was just before the builders holidays that they got the keys

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zan4ik89

Hey :) we have moved in to hop hill, got keys 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KJ2023

Hi guys ,

has anyone anymore updates about park lane ? ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

Congrats! I hope we are next in the coming 2 months - it's taking way too long to be honest.

If you do not mind me asking, I wonder how long did it take you to receive the keys after snagging was done? also, if you do not mind sharing with us, when you did the snagging, did your engineer find anything that needed to be looked at or everything was ok right away?

Anyway, congratulations again to you and your family and hopefully it did worth the waiting and you are happy with the house generally.

Hi folks,

Has anyone picked flooring / appliances yet? Wondering what suppliers and installers you’ve chosen and if you’ve any recommendations.

Thanks!

Congratulations 🎊..

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what WiFi is available in the area?

We have our appliances booked in from ElectroCity in Carlow. We actually took the recommendation from the Auctioneers and went to Telefords in Portlaoise but found them honestly quite awful. We stood for 45 minutes waiting for their Sales Rep to be free (They had 1 person working their entire kitchen and appliances area on a Bank Holiday Saturday). Eventually they got someone from the tills to come over and took us to a computer, asked us to give them the item code for stuff we had seen, printed off an invoice then went back to the till.....pretty Bad.

However the team in Carlow were great, they took us round the appliances, showed us the offers they had on multibuys and sorted everything out there and then. I believe all in we spent €2500 for appliances once all the discounts were added which I'll take all day long.

We also took the floor dimensions to Des Kelly interiors and they quoted us around €6500 for the house, not quite sure if this is a good price or not, we stopped looking around when the delays kept rolling in.

If anyone else has any details on their flooring please share!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DoctorRV

I was told by EA, SIRO high speed fibre installed in the development. You could choose any suitable providers Vodafone/Sky/Pure Telecom/Digiweb etc. Check your address on www.siro.ie . Most cost effective in the long run would be Vodafone as there is no more increase in charges after initial contract. Pure telecom is good too but after contract increase in charges.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this I really appreciate it ...

Advertisement