Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kum

Hi Everyone,

Same issue here waiting 2 years now but since start of the year there has been some progress made. We recently got the snag & valuation completed. We are also in The Courtyard. I was there before christmas there was still quiet a lot to do outside. We were told it would be completed in January. Still no date provided when we will have the keys. If anyone has any further updates please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 zan4ik89

Same here,

deposit paid June 2021, still no movement.

last update given “April- June”😫

if anyone have any insights please share?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

Hi,

We are in the Courtyard too, what number are you? we could be neighbors:)

right, the cobble is done but not the tarmac. The houses are painted . Pluming, heating and electric is on and working.

We are being told 2 weeks to snag from now. I think it is finally coming together. We paid in April 21 and are still waiting like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

i gave you guys the reasons on page 1 why this is slowed up on purpose. Why aren’t you getting solicitors involved at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kum

Sent u a pm. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

Because in the later contracts like mine the build time is "open ended" There is no 18-24 month build time in my contract.

I was on to solicitor about it, he told there is nothing we can do from legal point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cormac_06

Hi everyone, hoping this is still active for a bit of advice. My partner and I are buying in maryborough and while we are having some similar issues in terms of timeliness and their unwillingness to commit to a dead end date there is something else or solicitor has been caught off guard by.

We signed contracts 2 weeks ago and were awaiting the developers to sign their end before uploading to revenue for the HTB scheme, however they have since contacted our solicitor asking for "at least €10k before signing the contract,"

Has anyone else been through this with them before? We and our solicitor have never heard of any additional deposit when HTB is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pharkin999

It takes time with a solicitor. I wouldn't pay any deposit until you are sure you want it because that's when the deposit is non refundable if you pull out. Send on AIP to revenue and ask the developers for the docs.

Hope to move in in latter the year (31) will hope to set up a community whatsapp group.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pharkin999

Or give the deposit to your solicitor on the grounds that you are not signing but they can confirm they are in funds. Sales like this are straight forward

• Advertisement

hi all!

little update for hop hill, they have a ceilings painted and that’s it, not even a small rock have been moved since start of the last week.

basically they only have to paint the walls and clean up all the mess, but looks like it’s paused again…

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NikiK

Hi All,

We are in the same position like all of you here. 2 years ago we started the process with them and we didn't really push them for answers as we beleived the covid situatuon was hard on them etc.. But everything feels a bit shady now.

Last week, we've been told that we could go for snagging mid April and this week we have sent another email to them to check if they a date and it turns out now the house won't be ready until june. What a delay in a week.. But the worst is the way they communicate with us.. No explanations, no apologies nothing. Basically just a one word email back from them.

I could go on and on about this.. But don't really know what to do except just wait and hope foe the best.

Btw, we applied HTB as well and they didn't ask for an additional the 10k deposit..

are you buying in hop hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frmref

We had to do the same thing, they're asking for that so you don't need to go through the process of mortgage now, their delays are ridiculous and we had to renew our offer twice since we signed the contract. The deposit is to secure sale agreed, without the HTB.

We put our deposit in March 2022, at the time, Hume said March 23 would be ready, they're after moving to May, now it's the summer, now its August. Although the street is ready and our house is pretty much ready too - which makes even less sense to be pushing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shah91n

It seems there's a general agreement on that the auctioneer's delays are due to the builder not completing their work on time.

I am personally involved in this situation as well. I've signed a contract for one of the houses expected to be completed by August

At present, I am awaiting the builder's signature on their part of the contract. I've been waiting for this for 3 weeks already, and it seems like I may have to wait a bit longer, judging by the pace of things.

Recently, I decided to visit the site personally. Although I couldn't enter the site, a general observation from outside indicates that there's still a significant amount of work to be done. Given this, I am skeptical about the houses being ready by August.

I find the construction process in Ireland to be particularly slow and unpredictable.

As all you guys are waiting and with mortage interest rates rising this must also be having a bit impact on repayment figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynnie85

Anyone Moving to Lions Gate still been told June is an estimated date??

Like everyone else we've been waiting over 1 1/2 and feel like constantly doing the chasing to vague emails..

Still told June ,looked couple weeks ago at the site ,I reckon be Oct at this rate...Friends of ours bought off plans in different location and in their house..

its so stressful and especially with no closing date...

Lions Gate here! I was told July/August - I went to site 4 weeks ago and I couldn't really see much but by guess from the outside - I fairly believe (if they really work efficiently and in a speedy manner) by November/December, it will be finished.

I try to chase for closing date but no luck yet either.

I am moving into Lions Gate too and Hume are still saying end of July for us which I find tough to believe given the above and also a site visit myself.

However what we were told is that if they do not finish by July 27th, builders holidays will mean they will not pick up tools again for 2 weeks so to be prepared that this could add more delays.

BOI advisor has already suggested that we will see 1 more rate rise by Mid August and any further delays may see us hit another as a second rise is almost certainly coming end of summer.

I can tell you from my very recent experience and gathering information - I do expect us to move in the houses by/before Christmas time (If everything goes well without any delays).

I do not think we will be delayed to 2024 however I am confident no way we move in July/August. Hume just confirmed that Sept/Oct is the target thus I say count on Nov/Dec

• Advertisement

We've just been told aim is July for snagging...Very frustrating..I'm ruling it out now it'll be Christmas I bet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jaava

Hi everyone

Anyone moving to Park lane? i asked agent they are saying it will be this yearend. if anyone have update please let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 A2533

Is anyone waiting on a house In the forge?

Similar to park lane, they have said December, but if Hop Hill and Lions gate is running behind, I can’t imagine December is correct for us.

Anyone with any further intel?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 newtoportlaoise

We got into our home in April . We were originally told after about 10 different completions that it would be “definitely by Christmas “ and then they continued to fob us off for a further 4 months . We tried everything to get the keys earlier . It also took them 7 weeks to do our snag . As hard as it is and without minimising the stress, I can tell you that it is worth it once you’re in .

Lions gate aiming for snagging in July..landscaping has been started went to see yesterday inside looks much the same from about 6 weeks....

but looked in windows of hophill still stuff to do..

hop hill here, we did our snag last week, waiting on completion… snag had 126 jobs to be done, at the moment there is 3 houses completed out of 7, Joe said that he hopes to get all bop hill in by the end of this month, but I am not believing in a word he says. Terrible developer, pitty there is no way we could drag them in to the court.

When does builders holidays start...that's another delay in itself...hope your in soon...

We'll all know each other before we're even in 😆...

Builders holidays start 27th July so being realistic even if the snagging is done in July they will be downing tools for a few weeks so September is still best case scaneario for us in Lions Gate.

It will be worth it once we get the keys but I'm sure we will have a few bumps along the way

• Advertisement

What number lions gate see you?we went down last week landscape started,drive in and back garden poles in...going to try get in this week see anything inside updated...keep us in the loop anything happening and I'll do same were 74

Advertisement