Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’ve a bad feeling that UPS have come and gone. Knock on the door, dog barking and when I got downstairs 30 seconds later, nobody there 🥲

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It looks like you could get a Pro today if you really wanted, but Pro Max appears to be available nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wizard23

Rang HN in swords and the last 2 had just went..so rang carrickmines and got the last 512.. robbed!!! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭quokula

Harvey Normans look like they do still have some if you check for store stock on their website for various colours and storage spaces. E.g. Pro Max 512GB in Blue is showing as available in Limerick and Carrickmines. I got one in Blanch about 45 minutes ago but that store is listed as out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Anyone able to get the iPhone 15 in a Vodafone shop rather than online I’m slow to order from them online I would have better luck with apple or Harvey Norman but doesn’t show availability for my area only other Munster locations says it’s low in stock.

Is it UPS deliver for apple directly? Any delays with delivery? Are those phones unlocked?

I have not used an eSim before or does it still have nano sim for the new iPhones or do you need a sim at all to transfer from another iPhone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Select order just arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Nothing from i-Connect since i ordered the other day. I also emailed them at the start of the week enquiring about their stock levels and no reply to that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Mine just came via UPS. Wasn't expecting it until much later. Courier was just leaving it at the front door when I got to the door. No signature or photo or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I ordered from Select on Monday and as I said previously it was despatched and is in the hands of DPD. However a buddy of mine ordered a 15 Pro Max 256gb in black from them Wednesday afternoon and got an email yesterday saying it would be 4+ weeks for delivery. Different companies sure but perhaps it's similar across the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

As a matter of interest when did you order and when did you receive the despatch email? I'm just wondering in case the DPD tracking just isn't updating, as has happened before, however unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ohhhhh some couriers might take a fancy to a few 15s lads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

When I ordered Select and Harvey Norman were showing the Pro Max back ordered but i-Connect didn’t have anything on their site about it being out of stock or waiting on stock.

I ordered a Pro Max and a regular 15. The regular 15 is showing in stock in Select and Harvey Norman at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Beyond the influx of delivery updates here (that honestly not many of us care about, we just want ours and asap), how are the first hands-on impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Anyone know from previous years how soon the phones will be available via EPP? Does this happen at the same time as F&F?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

First impressions good.

Lots of reviews were saying it’s noticeably lighter. It’s lighter but not in a “cheap” way which I was worried about. Still has a substantial feel to it.

120hz is amazing. Never had a phone with it.

3 cameras again. I’ve never going back to 2. Losing the macro camera on the iPhone mini sucked.

Shortcut button is handy. Maybe I’ll use it more over time for different uses.

Always On is cool. Looking forward to trying it as a bedside clock.

No regrets on picking black over natural titanium. I was in the mood for a dark phone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 wiresandmore

From a 13PM to a 15PM - it’s slightly smaller, and slightly lighter - not quite as revolutionary as some suggested, but the curved edges are great and much more comfortable to hold. I might try and risk without a case, although I have a couple coming on order to try out.

Mine is Natural Titanium, thankfully it’s more grey than I expected, I was worried it might look slightly gold but it doesn’t at all (at least to my eyes). It’s a lovely finish.

I ordered mine last night from HN (showed ‘limited availability’ in local store) and got confirmation mail this morning at 9.45 for collection. Had to get 512gb vs 256gb but on a 2-year view, that’s probably ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Ordered on launch day, tracker didn’t update, delivered by dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Employee Purchase Program. Available as a benefit to some companies. Discounts are not as good as F&F, but better than nothing - iPhone discount would be 2%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

I took a look at our company's EPP and it's only the 14 range there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

First impressions : bloody heck, this thing is a fingerprint magnet even more than a shiny finish phone 😂

Coming from S23 Ultra (and working as a sw qual eng), there are a couple of "wtf? guys fix this" moments, but all in all alright 👍

BTW I got myself a tempered glass front+ camera protection and a clear case from JETech. They fit great! I ordered torras as well, but I ordered the small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Mine's transferring data now. Went from 14 Pro to 15 Pro Max, it's just perception but the Pro Max is much lighter in the hand than the 14 Pro than the scales suggest. The change in materials and the aluminium middle plate definitely help here. The rounded corners makes it super nice in the hand comparing both with no cases, the 14 Pro digs in a lot more but wouldn't be upgrading "just" for those reasons alone.

It looks super weird to have a USB-C port of the phone, 10 years of lightning is hard to forget. Everything else I haven't played around with yet as the phones are useless when transferring.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think this is pretty normal now, or at least it has been for me.

It started during covid but I don't think I've ever had a courier wait for a signature since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Got on to HN via email about a delivery update and they just responded with my invoice that had a tracking number on it. Nothing else. Inputting that into the DPD site it looks like they haven't got a parcel yet. I would have just done click and collect if I'd have thought there'd be a delay. I ordered the minute pre-orders started and assumed they'd post them out at least on the day of launch. I don't know when I'll get it now. Hope I'm not at the back of the line! 🤨

What huge problems to have! I know! Just looking forward to my new toy 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

DHL who dropped off my phone an hour ago requested a signature, same for the case delivered a few days ago. It seems like they're definitely asking again since covid but I'm wondering if it's Apple that are requiring DHL to get a signature as I've gotten other DHL deliveries in the past few weeks with no signature collected even though it said "signature required" on the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Yeah, it is the norm nowadays but it just seems crazy to leave something so expensive and so coveted in full view at a front door. It's fairly obvious from the size of the box that it's a phone. DPD and Fastway deliver most parcels here and they would always leave parcels slightly obscured. No big deal, obviously, just I wonder do many parcels go missing on Apple?!

Got an OtterGrip case and screen protector for it (that arrived super fast) so looking forward to setting it up. Not brave enough to go caseless!

@FourFourRED, any luck getting yours? Did you definitely miss the courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FKCMU23

Got a message this morning that mine was ready to be collected. I didn't order until 2.30-3 on the day of launch. Went in at 9.30 and out with phone by 9.40. Always use HN for pre-orders - good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell lads, I thought this was a phone discussion thread not a courier tracker service?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Tried 4 shops and all sold out so looks like I’ll be just waiting the extra week.. could be worse!

Never remember having this much trouble trying to get one on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some of the official cases are reduced on Amazon.

Advertisement