Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddi issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi all - got a 2nd Harvi installed today to monitor Solar PV and just checking whether it is installed correctly

... From what I can see when the panels aren't producing much at all ... the Harvi seems to lose power and the icon disappears from the app. The Harvi then has a question mark next to it on the Eddi ... indicating connection lost.

Is this normal/expected behaviour or has the clamp been put in the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

some have hooked it up to a battery to avoid this scenario happening since the harvi is designed to harvest the required watts to operate from the L cable (typically)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Not sure it’s a supply issue … when the panels are in full flow it’s still dropping the connection to the Eddi.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I have removed the Harvi from the Eddi ... and tried to re-pair.

When I press the button on the Harvi, it will flash blue to indicate the channel number. But it won't flash red to indicate pairing mode. It may not have enough power to go into pairing mode? (The panels are only generating about 0.5 kwh at the moment). Before I un-paired the Harvi only connects when there is a LOT of power coming from the panels. I thought the Harvi only needed 200w+?

Checking the installation ... the clamp cable is wired into the invertors AC supply - is that correct?! (photo below ... apologies boards put it sideways! 😀)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Post edited by ColemanY2K on

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭olympicweights

My eddi seems to be hanging a lot lately. I check it regularly and sometimes the unit will have the green light on or maybe one of the blue lights but the buttons won't work and the unit seems to be hung. If I turn off the switch and back on it works correctly but lately it hung again within a few hours. Any one else experiencing a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

Happened me twice in 2 days a few weeks back. Firmware was fairly old 4.x iirc so I went through the upgrade process for that and it hasn't hung since afaik

... However, tank ran cold this morning after it should have been a scheduled boost yesterday (smart tariff free Sunday electricity) and it looks like the Eddi just ignored the schedule once it hit the first "tank at max temp" and then never resumed. Looks from graph that it worked ok last week but might check for further firmware update just in case.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The Mienergie app just stopped working for me today. Anyone else having issues with it?

This is all I get:

The device itself states that it is connected to WiFi. Power cycling made no odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Same here.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Should be resolved now. There were issues with myenergi servers from approx 17:45 to 19:59.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭topdecko

Is it worth getting myenergi app. Have solar set up now for a month or so and used to Solis app.

Just realised there is one for the Eddi in the hotpress. Has been working fine although I think it drains the battery during day. ie consumption in house increased since battery installed and it seems to be eddi driving it when no other appliances on. I want to tweak settings but I cannot seem to connect to the device from the app as no reg number or SN on device.

Also WiFi won't connect/ no access point name visible etc. May already have been set up by installer???

Thanks for any advice

The MyEnergi app is certainly well worth looking at to get visibility and control of Eddi/Zappi.

I'm presuming you can see the SN somewhere in the on-screen menus on the Eddi (though haven't checked this). You can manage a lot of the settings from there too but the app is probably a handier, more user-friendly means of doing it.

Will give you generation, usage and export figures and probably others depending on what else you have in your setup (e.g. Zappi).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭DC999

Try the Myenergi web login on a computer. I find it easier to read than the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

We just got solar panels and Eddi on Friday and today I woke up to “Max Temp Reached” but no hot water. Even the Myenergi app shows 0kwh for both tanks. Can anyone help me in plain English? The technical talk on the troubleshooting pages are only confusing me more. I’m not very savvy with this stuff and we’re only new into our house so don’t know much about the boiler. We’ve an oil boiler if that helps?

See that black thing on top of the immersion,

There is a button in that, an over temperature trip, press that in.

If it keeps happening, more investigation is needed(thermostat gone in immersion, or set too high)

Just keep an eye on it, as that shouldn't be tripping on a regular basis. That is a fail safe on the immersion.

If it does, it is likely the normal thermostat on the immersion has failed, and depending on the immersion it can be replaceable. Some need a whole new immersion

(Immersions in Ireland are generally rarely used, until they get an eddi!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Thinking of adding the relay board.tp my Eddi..can you add two temp sensors if you only have one immersion? I was hoping to put one sensor at the bottom of the tank and one at the top

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

Anyone any idea why my Eddi, temperature set at 60 degrees but will trickle feed it sometimes up as far as 68 degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

The relay board supports two temp sensors using PT1000 sensors. Where you are able to put them to get accurate readings will depend on your tank setup.

As the bottom sensor in my setup is below the immersion it provides no data for PV diverted data but is useful for information heating via gas.

Thanks - you dont need to do anything different to use the two sensors on one tank? in config/wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hi guys, still getting to grips with my new solar install and how it all outdated.

I've figured out based on the info here that my Eddi is currently set up as

Tank1 -bath

Tank 2- sink

System was set by installer to prioritise Tank1 -bath; wondering is this standard and recommended?

I was told it will heat first tank, then switch over to second.

I keep twisting the logic in my head and can make either make sense, but my instinctive logic was that it should be sink (which it would have been pre-solar), so that it will heat less water fully, before it considers heading full tank.

Also, I don't think "overflowing" power from bath to sink makes sense, as full tank would already be hot. Installer said, "yeh, but then you only need the smaller element to keep it hot".

I have an electric shower, so at the moment this water is only being used in tattoos around the house, I really don't need a lot of hot water on daily basis.

I've also considered discount the bath tank for now

when mine was installed i had a sink/bath immersion.. installers logic was to only wire up bath as the sink can trick the thermostat into thinking the cylinder is fully heated and you never get a full tank of water. Not sure about that. Anyway i had a new cylinder installed few months ago which just has one long immersion so its wired to the 'bath' thank 1 on the eddi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Cheers. I think that makes sense.

At the moment, I don't really need it want a Full tank heated, so think it makes sense to stock with 'sink' where possible, and also to heat at 1.9kw instead of 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sink 1st priority and then Bath, as sink heats the top of the tank quicker which is where your hot water is drawn from.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is temp cut off not determined by temp stat on your immersion element, this has nothing to do with any setting on your EDDI

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

There are some issues with V5 firmware and scheduled boosts btw (I'm running v5.178, which is latest afaik). How it presents on my own setup is that the scheduled boost starts, a "max temp reached" is shown a small while later (although it's unlikely that the tank had actually reached max temp in this timeframe) and the scheduled boost stops. The scheduled boost will NOT restart after this has occurred although it will recommence if the Eddi is turned off and back on again although the original problem will most likely recur.

The issue doesn't seem to affect normal solar divert outside of scheduled boost windows and so I missed the issue for a few weeks after first upgrading as the weather (back then, before July) was good enough that we had enough hot water purely from solar. However once we slid into the iffy July weather then the issue became noticeable as we then need the scheduled boost.

Check your firmware to see if you're on v5.xxx firmware and keep an eye on what's going on with your setup via the MyEnergi app/web-portal.

There are a few threads about this on the MyEnergi forum.

Advertisement