Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddi issues

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

I had the same problem, had to change the thermostat on the Immersion. Done by regular electrician or plumber. No problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I thought to turn off the Eddi as max temperature reached early today.... I am not sure if it has 'tripped' ( hard to get to the cap with button on it). I see there is option to turn off on the Eddi but also 'bypass'. Which setting would be best?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If the overtemperature is tripping on the immersion, its normal thermostat is set too high, or has failed.

Some immersions you can replace the thermostat and some you cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I have already checked temperature on thermostat and it is 65 I think which is low enough? . I also set the Eddie to 'check' temperature every 120 minutes. It is a relatively new immersion less than 10 yrs old. It will take a while to get around to organising an electrician.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'd turn it down more, and if it keeps tripping the button, it needs to be replaced, is it one of the replaceable ones? It's not that hard a fix. It's just a wire in and a wire out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement