Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sorry but saying that if you're a big enough fan you'll pay for VIP, is utter bullshït. Some people are die hard fans but don't have that disposable income.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I used 3 different browsers for the 3 sales to see if I could shake the bad positioning. Microsoft edge first, then Chrome and then my phone.

Yeah it seems that wherever you were first was carried through (minus those who didn't try for the next sale).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The best seats weren't held back though, you don't gain good seats for those prices. 370 package has seats in the nosebleeds and it was confirmed by someone here who bought the most expensive ones that their ticket was General Admission Standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I was 27000s for Friday and Saturday and 24000s for Sunday. Doesn't seem particularly random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

My own placements yesterday were all in the 30,000s:

Friday: 34,218

Saturday: 34,136 (ridiculously close)

Sunday: 30,621

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi all,

I am looking for 2 tickets for my wife and daughter for the Taylor Swift concert, if anyone is unable to go or have spare 2, I will gladly buy them, thanks,

Snoop

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Anecdotally my own data point might support the ‘longest held TM account gets priority with the algorithm’ theory - I went straight from the waiting room to 840 in the queue in the 11am sale.

I’ve just had a look back to see when I signed up for a TM account: 2006!

(Yes, I’m old).

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sapper

Me too - I was in the late 40ks for all 3 dates and my wife was in the early 50ks for all 3. I was buying for my daughter on her own TM account which is only a few weeks old (I didnt get a code for the presale). I think I made the mistake of repeatedly pressing "Join waiting room" when it didnt respond the first time, my wife did the same - after that for the other 2 just pressed it once within 5 secs of the countdown clock hitting 30 minutes but I got pretty much the same crap position as the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Mine would go back to at least 2001. Made no difference. Also, regular concertgoing and previous Taylor Swift purchases seemed to count for nothing.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ticketmaster account since 2009, past events include the 1989 and reputation tours, ended up 41,000, 46,000 and 53,000. It's completely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭AlanG

This carry on with the VIP tickets seems to be driven by Taylor and not TM. After the mess in the USA she could have ensured her fans weren't ripped off here but instead it seems that for Ireland they gave out way to many codes and had very few general priced seats. We got 2 tickets for Amsterdam at under 100 for the pitch and i went back an hour later and got another 2 more at the same price. No messing or rip off.

For Ireland my daughter and all her pals only got options for VIP in Ireland in spite of them having about 5 codes between them. Taylor just seems to be all about the money. We didn't do the midnights presale as it wa only supposed to be for UK at the time and she likes to support Golden dsisks and buy her Vinyl there. Taylor of course is working hard to cut out the retailers with her tie ins. I will be discouraging my other kids from becoming TS fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jellybeano

I tend to agree about the randomness. I created a TM account associated with the email/ code on Monday and got in the 3000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Taylor wants to break records with this tour so I’m sure she knows exactly what is happening. I would say promoters were told it has to reach a certain number in gross, which is why it’s filled with VIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mike3549

This. Reminds me when my wife got the free tickets during her last Croker fiasco. And TS said that shes the first female artist to have 2 nights at Croker.

I know in Munich, they released some regular tickets after about a week, probably vip sales weren't going well.

So keep an eye.

Got tickets for the last Paris show.

If you think Ticketmaster is bad here, frogmasters are even worse. Was 5k in a q and when it was my turn it said sold out. They kept drip feeding tickets. Was refreshing the page for the next 20mins till managed to grab them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Artist agent/team have the say on numbers for vip and pricing.

she can’t realistically perform enough shows to meet the demand hence high prices to filter this out so that she sells each venue out at the maximum possible revenue.

if she charged a flat rate of €100 a ticket it would of sold out instantly in minutes, but overall revenue for the shows would be millions less.

if she sells 10,000 of the €700 vip tickets across the 3 Irish shows that’s €7m, whereas selling them for €100 each is €1m. €6m is a lot of money to potentially leave on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

This VIP stuff is legitimised touting as far as I can see. The 'extras' for the €750 ones are laughable.

'Reserved seat'. What other kind of seat would I have?

'Special VIP entrance'. Who cares?

'Early entry to merch'. So I have have to pay extra to just buy more stuff inside?

'Prints/badges etc'. Great, totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

Do we actually know how many seats are reserved for VIP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Fanirish

No one besides ticketmaster, mcd and Taylor Swift team know. But you could see what seats/rows were being offered as VIP and make educated guess that it was at least a few thousand per night.

they alter the number of VIP at any given moment based on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's a symptom of how broken the music industry is.

The days of big earnings from record sales are long gone so the only means of accessing fans money is in concert ticket sales/merch and from what's been reported here Taylor Swift is only short of having her hired goons pick every attendee up and shake them by the ankles when they enter her concerts to get every last penny and piece of pocket lint out of them.

As her fans are mostly younger people there's a weird overlap of means here, lots of parents looking to buy for their kids but also have more important things to spend their money on and then young adults who largely won't have the type of disposable income to afford those prices.

Somebody outlined how she can potentially make an additional 6 million from operating this system, this from a woman worth anywhere between 500-700 million already.

The greed is incredible, even in the modern era of record sales amounting to very little Taylor Swift has at 33 already made almost as much money as Paul McCartney has in 81 years.

My daughter might be disappointed but we won't be spending a cent lining the pockets of someone like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Excellently said.

Its largely a myth too that big artists don't make much from record sales.

The rights for Swifts first 6 albums recently changed hands for 300m dollars.

She was so incensed that she couldnt get her hands on the rights that she has bizarrely rerecorded some of these albums to try to make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Begs the question - Whats VIP about loads of VIP ? It's like Ryanair Priority Boarding - if everyone buys Priority - you're not priority anymore than anyone else who bought priority.

Spot on. An artist of the calibre and popularity of Taylor Swift is making money from every single angle that she can, especially record sales (where her re-recorded vinyls that you mention are not cheap).

I was at Record Store Day this year and every third person was just there for her RSD exclusive €50 vinyl, I'd never seen such a high concentration attending for one full priced album.

It is pure and utter greed (which is to some extent is her right) but whilst it doesnt bother me per se what she does with releases, I hate hearing from people that she does things "for the fans", because it's not, it's for the dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

€50? Jesus.

I know lots of old albums have been reissued on vinyl at those type of prices, but I'd consider that a niche market to some extent.

Fifty quid for a Taylor Swift record is mental.

For the fans lol.

Whats funny is that her fans and the media in the US are trying to blame Ticketmaster, touts, and whoever they can for the ticketing issues and high prices over there.

She feels her fans pain she says.

Now we have her and the likes of Michael Rapino saying ticketing in the US is broken and they are the ones to fix it.

Rapino head of Ticketmaster earned 136m last year, Taylor could earn over 1bn for her tour which is going to go into 2025.

Yes Im sure these people have the best interests of the fans in mind.

They have only one God and it is money.

You are forgetting it was a limited edition Vinyl with nice packaging nullzero.

Well worth it.

Makes my Tidal Argentina monthly family subscription for 50c look a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Will the people on the waitlist get a chance for normal price tickets anyone know or just VIP?

Yep, for an acoustic album of her Folklore album where, wait for it, demand completely dwarfed supply.

On a side note, her recent foray into vinyl publishing (she published eight colour variants of her Folklore album and many fans bought all of them) has at times completely brought vinyl production globally to a trudge if not a standstill as there are only so many plants that produce and press vinyl. As I said before, that's her prerogative, I just hate how she's lauded as "in the fans corner".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

My original gripe with her being a greedy hoor was with the Midnights album (I think). There seemed to be 4 or 5 different coloured albums, advertised as collectors editions, each with a different photo on the cover. The songs were the same on each, just the colour was different. I remember standing in Golden Disks with my daughter saying what a 'rip off merchant' (nice version of my actual words) she had turned into, trying to get young, gullable fans to part with hundreds of euros for different copies of the same album.

I am open to being corrected on this but that is what I took from the different albums.

This concert and the VIP packages have cemented my view that she is just about the money. I agree €6m is a lot to leave on the table for one night but she is playing across the world. I heard she is to take in over €1Billion from this tour. That may be exaggerated, again I am open to correction but run a few numbers and its probably not far off for a world tour at those prices.

I just googled it, there are over 20 different formats of the Midnights album. Fcuk me pink!!!

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-midnights-every-version-album/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Advertisement