Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Then yeah you have a great chance to be at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

I don't know why I didn't know! I'm a huge fan and follow the Billboard charts in the US like a job

As for the discussion on G vs colours, this is what it fully says: BLUE ROUTE GATE G VIA PODIUM, FRONT STANDING

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s a free for all on pitch, same as for Harry styles anyone with GA pitch standing will be directed to enter though Lansdowne rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Passed me by, I’m surprised I missed it because usually I know about them all and sign up for them even when I’m half interested. Be the first gig I’ve wanted tickets for since covid that I haven’t got them, though I’m sure I’ll be able to get one a few weeks/days beforehand

To be fair I like when artists have the sign up for presale before the gigs even announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fredas

I signed up but it did only say UK tour presale at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Do you think the tickets will reduce in price later in the year?

And on the sign up, completely passed me by. Usually on the ball on this kinda thing but having a newborn around then didn't help. next time

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

I've no interest in defending TM and just because this hasn't been a bigger story doesn't mean it's not true, but having had a quick look through this I don't see anything to support that the queuing system is rigged.

If Aviva wasn't available maybe she would have taken the Croke Park slots Coldplay have, either way she's playing here. What happened with Beyonce, I didn't know she tried and just assumed she skipped over here due to costs to perform here.

I’d say Coldplay had it booked before her. That cost thing is obviously rubbish now that Taylor and Coldplay are both coming. It’s more to do with what venues are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Beyonce didn't play here because the venue she wanted wasn't available in the timeframe she was touring, that's all it was.

• Advertisement

I think credit is due to them for coming here (though obviously not doing it just for the good of their health). This article suggests costs are prohibitive and a real factor to acts not playing here https://businessplus.ie/news/top-music-acts-irish-tour-dates/#:~:text=Top%20music%20acts%20are%20skipping,artists%20such%20as%20Beyonc%C3%A9%2C%20P!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I think FanIrish said the cost of Insurance for Croke Park is 50k.

Coldplay grossed 10m here for their last concert so 50k is 0.5% of the gate, which isnt a realistic factor.

70 of Taylors VIP packs would cover that.

Yeah but both are going to make huge money from here. Taylor has 3 nights and Coldplay probably will too. It’s great they are coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Does anyone know what happens next. At this stage everyone who had a code has either got their ticket of choice or decided not to purchase the remaining options.

Do TM open up to General Sales and still only offer the expensive tickets and see if they can sell out at those prices. Would they be holding back any of the non-package tickets and sell those along with the leftover in a General Sales. And is their a point where they will convert all remaining tickets to a more standard tickets to fill all seats (that’s if there is even many left)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wait list people will be offered the chance to show TM the money for "VIP".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Reckon that VIP tickets will stay in those packages until maybe a week or so before the gig. They have a long time to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Just a question on this "Lead Booker" policy:

Can a Lead Booker purchase four tickets for a group of fans without being interested in attending the concert themselves? If they show up to the venue and have ID checked as the ticket purchaser, can the lead booker admit four people and then walk away? Or does the lead booker count as being one of the physical attendees?

No one knows, it’s never been enforced here for a big show. Ed sheeran at croke was a lead Booker event but no checks at the gates for ID/matching account to person present.

leonard Cohen in imma was only time I remember that ID’s were checked against ticket name.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ergo

I presume there aren't any random cheaper tickets popping up at this stage?

My other question: I too got similar positions in all 3 queues, from 58k to 63k, did anyone get very different positions eg 50k in one and 4k in another?

• Advertisement

as others have said realistically if doesn’t sell out in next 36 hours they will just go to waitlist, see if those people bite at VIP prices and then shift allocation of VIP to standard prices without telling anyone. Revenue maximisation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I see the clips from US where tens of thousands of Swifties are outside the stadium singing along to the show happening inside. Where is best spot outside Aviva for all us who can’t get tkts?? Will I be able to hear ‘enchanted’ from Herbert park??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I wasn't in today's queue but last Friday, for the album presale, I was allocated 12,000ish for Friday, which was close to the highest number for that sale, but then got 3,000ish for the Sunday sale. So a pretty big variation in terms of the number of people with codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Your attempts at 'humour' are just boring at this point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

Ticketmaster and Taylor Swift are forcing you to pay for VIP if you had no luck in the general sale and you really want to see the show.

If all tickets were priced at 80 quid and they sold out, people would accept it. But when the best seats are held back from a sold out show and can only be acquired for upwards of 500 quid, then you are being forced to pay extortionate amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Lynnington3

My position for all three sales was in the 50 thousands . I joined the waiting room half an hour before everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭jams100

No, people would still moan.

Bottom line, if people were big enough fans they'd probably pay for the 'VIP'. I'm not, so I definitely won't. If however, it was for a different artist I really loved I would consider paying.

Alot of people are probably thinking like you and I, so ultimately a proportion of those 'VIP' tickets will go back on general sale.

What annoys me more is the fact that 'VIP' is nothing but a ticket and a few stickers, I think you should get a meal and free drinks or something a little more for the price. (That however is a different argument I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,303 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Those VIP tickets sound like a money grab, and them basically trying to grab some of the touters business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

My daughters friend was in the 6,000's for the Friday, 3,000 for the Saturday and 2,000's for the Sunday. My daughter was 8,000's, 7,000's and 6,000's respectively and I was 35,000's, 32,000's and 28,000's respectively. A work collegue was 40,000's and 36,000's for Saturday and Sunday.

No way all that was random, it is the totally opposite of random, almost a pattern.

I'd love to do a spreadsheet and collate everyones queue positions just to prove it to them that it was not a random selection.

I was trying to get tickets for Noah Kahan 2 weeks ago for my daughter. I got in the 2,000's in the queue for a 400 seater event. They changed venue due to demand and put more tickets on sale. I was in the 8,000's for a 2,000 ticket event. For some reason my ticketmaster account does not come up favorably in these things.

We got tickets in the end but I am so disappointed for all those fans who did not. The look on my 2 daughters faces when they thought the Sunday was selling out despite being 6,000 in the queue at the start was terrible. It was a sh1t show from start to finish. TM did ok as their site did not crash but my estimation of the money hungry, supposed fan loving Taylor Swift is now down in the gutter along with all the dog and rat s.hit that accumulates there.

Up Jake Gyllenhaal! I'd drop her hand if she tried to hold mine, tell her to fcuk off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's a good chance your random queue position from the 11am sale just carried through.

Our queue number versus my other half's friends had no correlation to account age, account activity etc. There was no logic as to why some were higher than others and we asked them all how active their accounts were, how long they had them etc. as we were all curious. And even though it was only four or five accounts, there was no pattern or logic.

It would make little sense anyway to gate the sale randomly and then use a system thereafter.

End of the day, nobody knows and it's all speculation how it works.

Advertisement