Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

I got the Forerunner 255 just over 2 weeks ago and set up the coach for a half marathon.

First 2 weeks were fine, but then on Sunday the workout option on the watch that links to my coach recording vanished.

I ran and recorded as normal, but am unable to link the run to the Coach.

I tried to edit the run on the connect app and changed to training but it still won't link to the coach program.

More than likely it's something stupid, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Has anyone encountered this yet?

I have read a few suggestions about editing the run, but it hasn't worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭sk8board

Have the same watch.

Was there actually a Coach run scheduled for Sunday, or was it a rest day?

have you run a Coach run since, and did it record correctly? If it did, great, if it didn’t, and had happened multiple times, then it’s become unlinked somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

There was a coaching run scheduled, but it wouldn't link for me.

Today is much next scheduled run.

I just checked there and the workout is on the watch for today, which I will test later

Maybe it was just a random glitch that's fixed itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hi All, have a FR35, basic but does the job - usually! I use it to record my runs and my workouts and then sync to my Strava via the Garmin Connect app on my phone by bluetooth. I did 2 activities yesterday, I can see them on my watch - but only one activity has migrated over to Garmin connect & Strava. Any idea why the other one won't transfer to Connect and how to get it to transfer across? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Is there a gap in your daily summary where the run should be? I normally have to sync my watch over wifi, for the full transfer to take place, had an issue last month, where my 255 would show an IQ event where the run should be. It's the one thing that really annoys me about Garmin watches, they are so buggy, nearly every watch I've gotten has been replaced due to firmware issues. You could enter the details of the run manually, on connect, whether this transfers to Strava, I don't know.

Honestly thinking of getting a Polar watch purely for running and an Apple watch for a day wear smartwatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Any idea why the other one won't transfer to Connect and how to get it to transfer across? Thanks!

@Sunny Dayz

You can connect your watch to your PC via USB. You should then get access to the folders of the watch. Look for the GARMIN folder and find the subfolder ACTIVITIES in that. Those are the data files of your runs/cycles/swims etc usually named by the start date and time of the activity.

You can then open Garmin Connect on your PC https://connect.garmin.com and on the top right there is an option to Upload or import activity. Click that and select Import Data. Select the file that corresponds to the missing activity and import it. It should then show up when your refresh the Garmin Connect App on your phone and I would expect it to transfer across to Strava. If it doesn't transfer to Strava then you can go to Strava on your PC and click the "Plus" icon on the top right. Click "Upload Activity" and again select the file that corresponds to the missing activity and upload it.

Uploading the file to Strava won't work if the data has already been uploaded to Strava via Garmin as Strava will complain that it is a duplicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

@DeepBlue thanks I will try that on the computer tomorrow

@Reg’stoy - I’ve manually entered them in before, but this was an intervals session with the club so I would rather like it on a running app to look at it properly.

Yes it shows an IQ event when I did my run.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Hi all, I have a Garmin 645 music that has worked fine up to very recently. I have two charging cables (one from a previous Garmin watch) but when I use either charger I get an error message that says I am not using an approved cable (even when I use the one that came with the watch). It charges ok despite the message but doesn't synch with Spotify (as it used to while charging). This in turn has I think led to issues with connecting to Spotify to download music or podcasts. Has anyone else experienced this? The watch works fine in all other regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Have you checked that it is still connecting to WiFi? I guess it would probably give a more specific error message if WiFi connection was the problem 🤔

I don't suppose you know anyone else with a 645 that you could borrow a cable from to test?

It does sound like your 645 cable has been damaged and you may need to get a replacement from Garmin.

Thanks, for the suggestion. I actually did some further testing yesterday and used the cable with a different USB adaptor. It charged ok with no error message, started to synch with Spotify and got to 99% before it stopped and could not complete the sync.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone else has the same issue - turns out the problem was with the USB adaptor I was using. When I used a different (older) adaptor it worked ok, charged the phone and synched with Spotify. No wifi issues now and no problem setting up podcasts, playlists etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Currently having issues with my Vivoactive 4 music. Firstly, heart rate is not showing on watch face or widget but it shows up fine when I start the running activity. Secondly, I cannot connect to my ear buds anymore. Have tried resetting the watch and software is up to date. Any suggestions on how I might be able to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Anyone have issues with a Garmin FR245 bluetooth? My watch disconnects from my phone regularly but it's not an issue. However, recently it is also disconntecting from my HR chest strap mid run and this is problematic when i'm doing a session based on HR. This morning I was doing 5 reps, it was fine for the first 3 but midway through the 4th my HR went crazy, jumping by about 10-15 bpm for no obvious reason other than I thnk it disconected and i was getting readings from the watch which are fairly unreliable. I finished out the run on RPE and when I checked afterward pace was bang on previous reps so the mad HR really wasn't justified... Looking back I'm fairly sure this has been happening intermittently for a while now 😏 My watch is 4+ years old now. HRM is even older and I did originally think the issue was with the HRM as it's fairly battered looking at this stage but the fact the watch disconnects from my phone regularly too makes me think it is the watch. The phone never disconnects from my ear buds so I've ruled out the phone. So wondering if others have bluetooth issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is there a way I can setup the watch to record 100 meter sprint times?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Create an interval workout for yourself on connect, send it to your watch and then once completed it will have recorded the time for each individual 100m sprint. An example might be, a 10 or 15min warm up period at a particular pace or HR zone, then a 100 meter sprint followed by a 2/3 min recovery and repeat as often as you want, finish with a 10min cool down. You'll really need a watch with audio feedback to alert you that the sprint is coming up, other watches beep or vibrate, which you might miss.

I personally do a 15min warm up as it gives me time to reach a local football pitch where I can do sprints, I run diagonally across the pitch and then walk around it to recover, again I personally do sprint intervals based on time 10sec to 30sec rather than distance, I do use distance for longer intervals such as 400m, 800m. Thing is depending on GPS, doing a 100m sprint unless on a track, might be hit and miss distance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spalpeen

If i buy a garmin fenix 7 pro from the garmin irish website, will it ship from the uk and then will i have to pay some kind of duty/fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Unknownability

No, once you buy it from the euro site everything will be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭sk8board

Don’t know if I’m late to the game, but you can now use Revolut in Ireland on Garmin Pay 👍.

• Advertisement

You would be relying on the GPS signal, so would need to be a nice open area. My advice at distances that short, would be to either do it on a track, where the 100m is marked, or as I do, pick a time interval, so 10, 20 or 30sec sprint. The idea I imagine, is to train to do quick accelerations and go max all out, so really doing 100m exactly wouldn't be all that important, rather a time interval would work better, as you would tire and so each 100m sprint might take longer, but a 20sec all out is still a 20sec all out each time.

There are far more experienced people who post here, so hopefully they might answer it better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I have my 255 set up with Revolut, not actually used it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Yeah it's very handy. I prefer using Curve though (also supported) as it links directly to your debit card so doesn't require top-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do most shops/bars accept Garmin pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I haven't had it rejected anywhere yet anyways.

I emailed them and they said this:

All orders to the UK and Ireland ship from Southampton. There are no additional fees on top of the order total to get items delivered to Ireland. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this. 

EDIT: which I take to mean that taxes are included already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

I can't find any similar issue in the last few pages of the thread so gonna ask..

Have a Garmin 645 Music, up until maybe 2-3 weeks ago never an issue syncing with Garmin Connect over bluetooth (apart from being slow the odd time). It now won't sync at all over bluetooth. I need to wait until I have wifi and hit sync on the watch itself. It's not a major problem but kinda annoying. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times, made sure no updates required on the app, turned off and on bluetooth on both the phone and watch.. nothing has helped.

Any ideas / tips please?

Will it still connect to a bluetooth headset, also you can see the step count increase in real time if the watch and phone are connected, it may be a watch bluetooth issue if they don't. I had a 645 replaced with a watch bluetooth issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Yes the watch and phone both separately connect to bluetooth headsets fine. The connection issue seems to be watch with phone exclusively.

• Advertisement

I presume that when you open the connect app, you can see the icon conforming that the watch and phone are connected, you should also see steps increase in real time on the app. If not, I'd suggest deleting and reinstalling the app.

Advertisement