Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options
1141142143144145147»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Anyone noticing a problem with garmin watch in last 2 weeks?

I now have a significant delay when pressing the button when running, I mean the button you'd press to start a run. I'm using the garmin coach at the moment, so it often requires a few presses of the same button during a run (eg it'll say warm up, then after ten mins it'll want hill repeats, so get in position at bottom of the hill then press the button to run up etc....).

Anyway, I now have about a 7 to 10 second delay every time I press that particular button... I've restarted the watch a few times, I've checked software is up to date etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 woodseythelegend

Hey lads I’m getting a new garmin from Santa🤞🤞. Finally moving to heart rate training after a few disastrous marathons!! 3 questions:

1. I have a Forerunner 410 to sell is it worth anything?
    2. Whats the best Garmin heart rate watch? Value and function. I’m looking at 245/255??
    3. Is there a definitive heart rate training book/method??

Thanks for the help! & Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Have a look at ebay or adverts and see if any 410's are up for sale and how much you might get, to be honest I can't imagine a huge amount. Personally speaking I'd go for the 255 over the 245, newer watch with more features. If you are looking to do some training via heart rate, again personally I'd go for a chest strap in addition to your watch, maybe a garmin dual or polar H9. Garmin connect will allow you to do training plans based on HR, with a caveat that you know your correct zones, so maybe do a LT test with a strap.

Thanks I have a chest strap with the forerunner but just can’t get comfortable with it. That’s why I’m moving to wrist HR! No clue of my HR zones-looking for a book or a group for basic guidance. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

I use the 255 and the €35 decathlon HR strap. The 255 has the newer Hr module, but I find it’s still too volatile, so I use a strap.

the 255 is probably the best value Garmin watch in terms of price-to-functionality, I got mine from Garmin.com in a sale for €285 - there’s always a sale somewhere, and Garmin watches are stocked everywhere.

• Advertisement

You might be in luck, rumours that garmin are going to release an armband style optical heart rate strap in the new year. Again to be honest, unless you can definitively set your HR zones, it's pointless doing a HR based training program. So either do a garmin LT test with a chest strap, or do a run where you max out your HR, thing is weather, time of day etc etc effect the results. I've started garmin based HR training plans, but given them up, and switched to pace and my PRE. Easy runs would correspond somewhat to Zone 2 but might drift into 3 for a bit.

In fairness, reading about proper HR training, seems to be the bee's knees, but you need to be very disciplined. Personally my easy runs tend to be according to my watch in zone 2 and a bit of 3, recovery again very slow so in 1 and maybe into 2 for a small portion, my PRE for easy would be 4ish, recovery 1 or 2.

Reading your original message again, you mention marathon training which the majority should have been easy runs, so maybe your easy runs were too fast. Most of my long runs were done in a group for Dublin, so we would chat for most the run which always meant we were in our easy zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

the 255 is €275 on mysatnav.ie at the minute, didn't see much cheaper than that recently

Thanks Bob81. Santa got me one there last night 👍. Much appreciated

Thanks @ reg’stoy sounds like there’s a good bit more to heart rate training than I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

For anyone who uses their Garmin for doing intervals via a workout (so the end result is recorded in Garmin connect showing the interval length etc.) Can someone tell me - if I'm doing 800m reps and I can see the 800m interval is the Garmin report but I am not sure of the pace I achieved during that rep, how do I find the actual pace out?

For example, the 800s I did recently according to the report I took 3:11 to do one rep but with an average pace of 4:00. But is that 4:00 min per KM? I've a feeling this is probably really obvious and I'm just missing it.

Put another way, if I was aiming to run the 800 rep at a pace of roughly 3:45 - using the meagre data I've provided above, did I achieve that?

• Advertisement

You’re correct yes - for example if you did a 200m in 48sec, that’s an avg pace equiv to 4:00/km.

an 800m time of 3:11 is also an avg pace of 4:00/km.

to do 3:45/km average pace on an 800m, you would need to do that 800m in 3mins exactly

(3m45s is 225sec total. 80% of that is 180sec which is 3mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Garmin Virb camera....

Im having trouble after going back to using it after a couple of years.

When i plug it in to charge, the light is flashing green ->red->green ..... and the wee screen flashes on for a second then off ....

Anyone have any help?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Hi lads I did a run last night but forgot to stop my Garmin at the end. Only realised 15 mins later when I was driving home and the watch recorded the fastest mile I ever “ran”. Is there any way to edit the run to remove the phantom mile? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yep, you can edit it and then look for trim activity.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi all, is anyone else having very glitchy data from HR chest straps recently?

There’s been about 3 recent s/w updates and i feel it’s related. I’ve tried two different straps and both seem to be having connection issues (when I start a run, the watch (Garmin 255) used to connect to the strap in a second or two, now it mightn’t connect at all, by Bluetooth or ANT+), and when it’s connected it seems to be a mix sky high/spiky readings

• Registered Users Posts: 31 volkswagon1973

Looking for a good price on a garmin with music any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I've a Forerunner 255 and love it. There is a music version.

The 255 would nearly be 2 years old as a model, so should be good deals out there on them

Have a look at Garmin Forums, there seems to be a current issue with recorded HR's, my own watch recorded a max HR of 204 for 90secs during the Skerries 10K. I wasn't wearing a chest strap (never do during races) and seeing as previous max's were recorded in the low 180's while sprinting up the Ardgillan hill finish (before literally dying), seeing 204 and then been able to do a sprint finish means it was way off.

garmin pushed a software update a few days ago and magically the strap is working perfectly again 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

@volkswagon1973 , I have a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music with 3 or 4 extra straps. €150 and it's yours..

Edit : I can post pictures when I get home from work this evening of you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Has the ability to adjust the volume of music through the watch been removed?

Doesn't seem to be there for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I presume I'm correct that your login credentials for Garmin Connect and Garmin Express are the same?

What I'm experiencing is I can login to Garmin Connect (Web) with no issue but when attempting to log in to Garmin Express the popup sign-in window refreshes itself once the login credentials are entered with no error message and I'm not logged in. If I deliberately enter the wrong credentials for Garmin Express I will get an error message.

It's a bit odd. Has anyone experienced it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Advertisement