Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

This worked 👍 You're right, you need to contact Revolut via the app to get them to do it. Once that was done it was added successfully to Garmin Pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

Yes BeepBeep67, I would never go of treadmill calibration, but just say I wanted to use the footpod for trail running or on the track, is there a way that you know off to improve the accuracy? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Stryd is probably the most accurate foot-pod across various settings that I've experienced, but they are expensive.

Alternatively, if you do calibrate your treadmill (see attached), you can adjust the calibration factor on your pod to match, you would then need to experiment outdoors on professionally measured courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

Thanks BeepBeep67, some reading for me, will check it out. I was tempted to pull the trigger on the styrd when on sale but said I'd give it another year

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Just to warn people I've received two Fenix 7's in the last two weeks. All with dead pixels. Awaiting a third replacement. Maybe a bad batch but check your devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

I finally pulled trigger on epix. Went for the slate steel on amazon.de and price came to 825 euro inc delivery and vat. Pricey but came in good bit cheaper than garmin.com at 899.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Do some cycling and walking and I have a garmin vívoactive 4 that covers all I need plus I can pay in the shops with it so very handy, I spotted in the bargain thread the fēnix 6S Solar for €275 which looks like a goo bargain and I reserved one but trying to figure out should I go for it or not, it seems to do my own does and has longer battery life but its not touch screen, has no WiFi and also its slightly smaller being 4m instead of 45m.

Here is the 6s solar https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/p/702820#specs , I got it reserved here :https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=1773016

Here is the vívoactive 4 I have : https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/p/643382/pn/010-02174-12#specs

Part of me says get it as its a good discount, sell my own and its a really cheap watch but I wonder is it an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Savage price for it in fairness but looks to be out of stock.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I bought a Forerunner 245 about 22 months ago, great purchase and have used it a lot.

Last while I'm finding it acting a bit funny. It is now regularly a good bit off pace when I start a run. It has always been slightly off at the start but usually corrects itself quickly enough, but is becoming less accurate. Some examples, it will tell me my pace is 5.50 per km, and repeat this a few times, but after 1km it will tell me I ran the km in say 5.20. However today it said I ran the km in 5.30 (I was going faster) and didn't record a km ran until about 200m past the normal point (I am running the same route and know when the first km is up)...

Normally after the first km it corrects pace and is then fine, but today it was constantly off, I was trying to run around 4.10 pace and it was telling me I was doing 4.16 pace but then recording a 4.08 km, then telling me I was doing 4.05 pace and recording 4.12km etc... Again, I'm running same routes etc as always. I tend to run by how I feel and I'll ignore the watch lately, but it wasn't always like this, it was more reliable.

Is this normal after a few years??

• Advertisement

I should have said, watch acquires GPS quickly and does so before I even leave the driveway to start the run

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Any chance it could be giving you average pace instead of lap pace?

Are you displaying pace or lap pace, actual pace will be flakey?

Do you sync your watch regularly to the mobile app or online to ensure the satellites are updated?

Thanks to both.

I have not changed any of the default watch settings. I've using one of the garmin training programmes and it had me running a goal or race pace training run a few days ago, target pace was something fairly broad like 4.15 to 4.28 (I'm trying to aim fora for a faster time than garmin will let me input as my goal so I was running a bit faster). Once I go outside these time parameters it starts speaking to me via earphones to tell me pace fast... So it was telling me constantly (for around 8km) that my pace was fast at say 4.06, and after each KM (lap?) it tells me the time it has recorded for the last km. This actual time used to correspond closely with the (actual?) pace notification as I went along but is lately opening up a gap.

So it was warning me pace fast 4.06 etc, but then the actual km would be 4.15, then it would tell me pace 4.15, quite regularly, and after the km it would tell me I'd ran 4.10 etc etc....

I am able to run at a fairly steady pace and usually have a pretty good idea what pace I'm doing, but it can be off putting lately for the watch to be repeatedly telling me I'm running slow at 5.50 and 5.45 for the entire first km, to then tell me I've recorded a 5.20km etc....

Maybe it's all in my head but I could swear it was not always so inaccurate

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

There's one spot on my route with tall trees where the pace is always off for a few seconds

It also seems to take up to 20 seconds for the pace to correct itself at the start of each new interval.

I'm surprised your watch would show a wrong pace for so long though.

Maybe try resetting it? I'm no electronics expert but it doesn't seem like the type of thing that would gradually get worse.

It does sound like that is working off actual pace which will not be accurate, not sure if it's possible to change to lap pace which balances out over the course of the lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Thanks to ROM for the Revolut fix, sorted in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Train in Vain

Is anyone using the Venu 2s? Would you recommend it? Im thinking of upgrading my 5 year old forerunner 235.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

My only concern, and my wife has a venu, would be the lack of lack of audio prompts, particularly as you would be used to, speed, distance etc feedback from your 235. Another thing I got while using it (as a loaner) was the touchscreen, drove me mad. You will however, find the music and garmin pay as a big plus. I was very, meh, about the screen, I personally, just look at my watch for the time, and some visual feedback during runs (I own a 745), so pretty screens doesn't really interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Anyone know how to change to kilometres from miles?

I am using the simple but effective Garmin Forerunner 45. I need to change it to kilometres from miles.

I have changed the unit to metric from statute and turned the watch off a couple of times. It's still in miles.

Has anyone had the same issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

Go to the activity in question and into settings. Set auto lap to km

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Has anyone used the courses navigation on garmin fenix/945 watches to run or cycle a course?

I have added some courses to my watch. First I saved routes that others did on Strava so I didn't have to set up the course.

I then go into bike or run activity screen, press the up button to access options and then have the option to do a saved course.

Can I ask are people getting turn by turn notifications as they do the course like you would with a sat nav?

I have read different things online.

The data screens on the courses screen have ETE (estimated time elapsed) and ETA (estimated time of arrival). I am looking more for a field that will say distance to the next turn, with a beep/vibrate of the watch some distance before the turn.

Any ideas?

I presume this is a common feature on garmin cycling devices. Just wondering if it can be set up on wrist devices.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I've used course navigation quite a lot and I get turn by turn prompts that show the distance to the next turn (I see that around 100ft from the turn) and then a vibration at the turn. This is on a Fenix 6 Pro. Go to settings/navigation/alerts and make sure "Turn Prompts" is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Hey hoping someone here can help me with a question. I upgraded to the Fenix 7x. I also have a Polar H10, I can sync the two and I can see when o start a workout the HR is tracking.

However when I take my watch off for contact sport exercises it seems that once out of range of the watch the tracking stops and is not corrected when I end and save workout

Do you know for this to work does the watch always have to be in range? So I cannot leave it in my locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I'm not sure if I understand the question so apologies if this isn't correct.

The HR monitor and watch needs to be connected by Blue tooth, the watch won't track the activity if it is out of range.

However I use a Tickr X and this has the ability to record work outs with no watch and it syncs later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

So like what you do in your past sentence. I want to be able to wear the H10 for boxing, so I can start the session on the watch with the H10 connected and then leave the watch in the locker and when I come back have the h10 send the training time and calories etc to the watch as it resyncs. It seems to me the watch has to be in range at all times for the data to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

Anyone having battery drain issues with Fenix7

it suddenly started loosing close to 20% a day. Watch face doesn’t have secs or HR showing, wifi is off as is pulse ox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone else no longer be able to filter on steps within an activity?

Using a workout I previously created on garmin connect and sent to garmin 945.

Might need to create them again.

A pain in the backside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Trampas

Seems like you need to create new workouts from scratch to resolve the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I’ve had no issues on my Fenix 7x. Latest firmware installed

Advertisement