Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

And frozen sprouts truly are the work of the devil. Water mush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Reminder that Rudolph day 1 of 11 for 2023 is upon us tomorrow so have those christmas socks & turkey & cranberry sandwiches ready to rock!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

1 of 11 of 2023

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone. Hopefully the next few will come around quicker than this one. Can't believe it's only been a month since Christmas Day, feels like 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Rudolph Day all, definitely hope next one doesn't take as long to come around!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree how is it a month ago is beyond me.... feels like so much has happened since.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, first one always feels like a landmark moment in the countdown.

Think I'll have a Pud tonight to celebrate, down to 5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day, everyone! Just realised it when I went to record the date for work. Think I'll have some Christmas pudding later...if I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolf Day everyone. Can't decide between a mince pie or a mini pudding - might have to have both 😂.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Happy Rudolph day 1st of 23 and 10 more to go

still a lot of Christmas bits knocking around in the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Now there are only 2 tubs of QS left. Roll on Feb 25th!

Just a quiet heads up that we have Rudolph day No.2 of 2023 on Saturday... love when these fall on a weekend!!

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph eve everyone... it's a thing right...

happy mince pie day everyone 😁

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone!

Hope you all have a great day. Have to work myself but after doing the last few Saturdays this should be the last one for the foreseeable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We're going to have bacon and pancakes and if the weather holds, we might go for a long walk and try out my mini travel BBQ somewhere. Happy Rudolph day all. :-)

• Advertisement

2 of 11

Happy Rudolph day everyone.

Happy Rudolph Day all.

Family party later so will be indulging like it’s Christmas!

Meeting my parents tomorrow for dinner in a hotel and you've just given me an idea how I can mark the day - turkey, ham, stuffing the works :)

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. To celebrate I will have some of this fella 😃

The YouTube algorithm must have known the day it was it threw out a few Christmas themed videos this morning.

Happy Rudolph day everyone. Popped to Tesco early to pick up some chocolate treats cause why not. 😂

Tub of quality street will be consumed this evening 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy belated Rudolph Day!!!

Just a wee reminder tomorrow is Rudolph Day 3 of 11 for 2023.

Anyone doing anything to mark it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm going for Afternoon Tea with a friend, not particularly Christmassy but we planned & booked it at Christmas so will do for me 😎

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that sounds lovely 🙂

• Advertisement

I'm power washing the front driveway, might wear a santy hat just to annoy the neighbors :)

Waffle Day tomorrow too, according to the checklist. I might make waffles and serve with ice cream and Christmas sprinkles. Also have the last tub of quality street which will come out for movie night😁

After the last few weeks of work & having an inner ear & then sinus infection and not so much thinking of a pint, I'll be having a few pints of creamy stout tomorrow night to help me unwind a little. Might stick Andy Williams greatest hits on in the background as 'Its the most wonderful time of the year' comes on towards the end 😀

Like CheerLouth I'm going for afternoon tea tomorrow too. It's my birthday today so my friend is treating me 😀.

Very Happy Birthday @Cork Lass. Hope you have a great weekend and very best wishes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday, @Cork Lass ! 😊

3 of 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday @Cork Lass and Happy Rudolph Day!!!

Happy birthday @corklass@Cork Lass have a good one. Happy Rudolph Day everyone

Child's christening today. I'll be in a church today so I suppose that's Christmassy 🤷‍♂️🤣

Happy Birthday to @Cork Lass and Happy Christening to little @Smell the glove

Just Happy Rudolph day to everyone else

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, I had a great birthday and to finish it off I am heading to Dungarvan tomorrow to have lunch in The Tannery - really looking forward to it 😀.

I did the weekly shop in Dunnes yesterday and it was so busy in there it felt like Christmas!

So I guess I did end up doing something Christmassy on Rudolph day 😂

• Advertisement

Will get a turkey in for the dinner on Easter Sunday, maybe a small ham as well. Along with the stuffing and the roasties it will be a Christmas dinner on the day in two weeks 😄

We said something similar, went early on Saturday morning and it was rammed, we commented to the girl on the till that it was something like christmas.

We always do our shop at that time to work around matches we have on Saturdays and that's the busiest its been in a long time.

Same here, definitely the busiest it's been in a long long time.

Wee reminder that we have Rudolph day no.4 for 2023 tomorrow. Anyone doing anything to mark the date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its my eldest's 15th birthday, I feel old AF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement