Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sounds like all had a nice Rudolph day.

Remembered mid afternoon so treated myself to a turkey and cranberry sandwich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

The countdown to the last Rudolph day of 2020 is on
    29 to go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy rudolph day, the last one of 2020!!

z3u8Cmf.jpg
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I've my Christmas socks on :D

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

Happy Rudolph day guys.

A bit early however had a turkey, ham & cranberry burger last night, was delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last Rudolph day of the year!

Next one won't be until Jan 25th. That tends to be one of the best ones IMO, as I tend to have Christmas treats left over, Christmas programming left on the box to watch so it really feels like a mini Christmas celebration.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It'll be on a Monday though, uugh! You should book the day off, Loughc. :D

Happy Rudolph Day, folks! I got paid today, so feeling RICH. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    It'll be on a Monday though, uugh! You should book the day off, Loughc. :D

Happy Rudolph Day, folks! I got paid today, so feeling RICH. :pac:

I might just celebrate Rudolph Eve that January :pac:

I got paid today, so feeling RICH. :pac:

Same here. And all our christmas shopping is more or less bought too... so when the shops open we can treat ourselves if we see something nice.... yay!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Last Rudolph day of the year next one is 2021 !!!

Going to put my Christmas tree up today to celebrate

• Advertisement

bmwfan wrote: »
    Last Rudolph day of the year next one is 2021 !!!

Going to put my Christmas tree up today to celebrate

What better way to celebrate than that!! Enjoy!! :)

I got paid today, so feeling RICH. :pac:

Me too. CC gets paid off and then Dec is gravy as they say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Today I streamed Christmas fm to my bluetooth speaker and spent my morning in the office bopping and singing my Christmas heart out. Thankfully I was on my own.

Only 5 short days to the first Rudolph day of 2021. Being a Monday I doubt I'll do much more than wear a pair of my christmas socks & listen to a christmas podcast, though may stretch to defrosting one of my mince pies as well to have with a cup of tea that evening. Exciting stuff eh!? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

This Rudolph day I'll be doing Christmas dinner as it's the OHs birthday and who am I to argue with a birthday wish.. even have some Christmas crackers left :D

I always think January is the gloomiest rudolph day

Even more reason to go all out for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    Even more reason to go all out for it :)

Loughc........nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

No! No it isn't! It is Burns Night !!

Whisky, Haggis and Auld Lang Syne. Tog on yer kilt there, Hamish!

Totally forgot it was Burns night too. Another reason to celebrate it. :D

• Advertisement

When packing away the Christmas decorations, I held back the reindeer and the tartan ribbons, because we use those for Burns Night.

I'll wear Tartan and of course, there's extra points for a kilt!

If you can't get yer mitts on a Haggis, a white pudding makes a reasonable substitute - the flavour is really quite similar.
    And of course, the whisky, the speeches and Auld Lang Syne.
    We are doing it at home, just ourselves, and some family on Zoom. But I do have a party piece at the ready.

Its the one thing that keeps me going through January - the very first Rudolph Day AND Burns Night, together!
    And January is nearly over :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I need to google burns night. I actually don’t even know what it is!

The day when Scots - and others - celebrate the life of Robbie Burns, (their national poet) and eat a haggis, and drink whiskey.

You must wear tartan in some shape or form: a rug, or a piece of Christmas paper pinned on, will do nicely.
    Any attempt at a kilt gets extra points, I mean, whiskey.

Robbie Burns was the man who wrote Auld Lang Syne, so you sing that at the end of your celebrations.

I'll request that the chef cook white pudding tomorrow then :D

I'm going to watch a Christmas movie tomorrow after work, and I have already decided that for February's Rudolph day, I'll be watching Lampoons on Netflix :D love Rudolph day!

Oh, that's a great plan for February! :)

For March, I will make waffles, for waffle day. :D

April, July and September's Rudolph Day's fall on weekend days, which will be nice.

Oh, that's a great plan for February! :)

For March, I will make waffles, for waffle day. :D

April, July and September's Rudolph Day's fall on weekend days, which will be nice.

Yeah, much better when its not a work day. The last couple of years I've missed a good few through being caught up in the day to day hustle bustle.

Definitely!
    Waffle day is on a Thursday, so I might carry the waffles over until the weekend. :)

Definitely!
    Waffle day is on a Thursday, so I might carry the waffles over until the weekend. :)

I think it’s law you have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I have never made waffles. What are they? Is it worth buying a waffle maker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I’m going to play my Christmas playlist in the car tomorrow. At least the weather suits the songs.

Advertisement