Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Rudolph day everyone, had a mini snickers from celebrations this morning with my breekie to celebrate the occasion :)

Hard to believe October is the next Rudolph day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭BK5

To me they are kinda of Christmassy but bought a tin of Danish butter cookies and had a few with a cup of tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I suppose I ate a little Lindt Christmas chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As usual did nowt! 😆

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not true you posted on here and what's more Christmassy than that!

• Advertisement

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Still on hols so completely forgot about this one. Home Thursday night so will have a mince pie then.

a heads up that we have Rudolph day no.10 for 2023 on Wednesday, so second last chance to do something before we're smack in the heart of the build up!!

Was in the work canteen today and instead of a sandwich decided to have a dinner and they had brussels sprouts!

I know I'm a day early for marking this Rudolph Day but I thought of this thread as soon as I saw them 🤣

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. By this day next month a lot of people will have their Christmas tree up. 🎄🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Andrew93

We will certainly be on of them families that has ours up ready for the toy show 😁

Wow you’re right!!

happy Rudolph day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Hard to believe that there used to be a time where there wouldn't be many houses with their trees up or all decked out in their Christmas PJs for the toy show :D

Happy Rudolph day!

10 of 11, just 1 more to go.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone - just devoured a delicious mince pie 😋.

Hope I'm right here, but is this your first Christmas in a new house?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Andrew93

All going to plan it will be. Hoping to have keys in the next 2-3 weeks. We were up north last weekend and got a start on our new decorations.

Otherwise I'll be helping my MIL with her's which will be up before the toy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Missed Rudolph day, thought it was today. Although I did have Christmas FM Classical on for a bit so that probably counts for something.

Just a heads up that the last Rudolph day of 2023 will be on Saturday.... that'll be 11 down & none to go.

• Advertisement

You just reminded me this day next month I'll be 51! 😄

Last Rudolph day of the year tomorrow folks...

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

A very Happy Rudolph Day everyone, a real milestone one today.

11 of 11 all done for this year now!

So frosty here this morning. What a festive Rudolph day.

I have Christmas drinks with friends tonight what better day to do it. Can’t do it in December as it’ll be too close to the arrival of elf number 2 so we are doing it today for the day of sport that’s in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Rudolph Day elves, so festive out there this morning lots of white roof tops

I’m having a coffee break with my coffee in a Christmas mug and a Christmas fruit slice in the midst of decorating

Enjoy the Christmas drinks @Loughc

I know we're a fortnight or so away from the first Rudolph day of 2024 but had a look at the days they fall on this year.

We have....

2 on Mondays (March & November)

1 on a Tuesday (June)

1 on a Wednesday (September)

3 on Thurdays (January, April & July )

1 on a Friday (October)

1 on a Saturday (May)

and 2 on Sundays (February & August)

Only one Saturday one this year, sad times.

Sundays are a good day as well I guess.

I use to joke in work that Jan 25th should be a festival for eating all remaining treats in the house while watching Christmas Movies you didn't get a chance to watch over Christmas, I dubbed it "Electric Treatmas" (trademark pending) 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I always have such good intentions to mark Rudolph Day every month but generally by April, it has fallen by the way side :(

I've just gone to bed after watching a chridstmas movie I hadn't got round to watching and feasting on celebrations.

To be fair I had just suffered through little elf's birthday party at a trampoline park....

Just a quick heads up that we have Rudolph Day 1 of 11 for 2024 tomorrow.

Anyone anything Christmas related planned?

I rarely do anything for the January one being honest as we're barely out of season so may stretch to wearing Christmas socks or suchlike just to mark it.

• Advertisement

Doing a bit of shopping tomorrow so I guess that’s kinda Christmassy. I’ll defo will listen to a Christmas podcast or two tomorrow as well.

Maybe the canteen in work will have stuffing with the dinner and I'll get a turkey of ham and stuffing sandwich. That's the height of it at the moment though.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! The first and worst one of the year done I suppose.

I think myself and the little elf will split the last of the Christmas cake today😁

First one of the year.... we're up & running now!

• Advertisement

I’ve one little mini Christmas pudding left so will have that later with some custard. Happy Rudolf day everyone🎄.

Happy burns day simpsons style 😂

Listened to Merry Christmas Everyone by Shaking Stevens on the request of Elf 1 and we watched Buster the Bus Christmas special on Youtube while getting him ready for bed.

Youtube still bringing the Christmas specials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm watching the Virgin River Christmas episodes. There's cheesy drama and a Christmas tree decorating competition. Perfect brainless festive tv.

Might be handy for the rest of the year....

Goes to show how the quick the year goes, we are currently 329 Days to Christmas but by the time 25/10/24 (268 days from now) comes around we'll practically be coming into the season!

Rudolph Day no.2 for 2024 is this coming Sunday, it generally passes me by however as its also the day I get a year older!!

Any plans for Sunday DvB?

My daughter has a match at 2.30 so I'll be bringing her to that, that's about it. No glam at my age 🤣

So true, birthdays mean very little when you start to get up there.

Normally we'd go out for dinner or a few drinks or something but I'm being strict with myself at the moment to lose some of the extra padding I've put on recently so said I'd rather stick with that than indulge so soon into it. Its already working so when I see that happening its all the encouragement I need so missing out on treating myself isn't that big a deal.

Ta for asking btw!

• Advertisement
Advertisement