Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BK5

A bit of a subdued one this month due to one of the cornerstones of this thread losing a loved one recently but just want to wish everyone a Happy Rudolph Day and hope they have a nice relaxing weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Agree with BK5 above, lbeen a tough few weeks on here for some, but we're thinking of you all and are here if you need us.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I love the kindness and warmth of people on this forum. Wishing everyone a happy Rudolph day and sending 🤗 to Loughc.

Out of interest anyone do anything to mark it on Saturday?

I did get a giggle from some random bloke humming 'santa claus is coming to town' in Dunnes Stores Saturday morning though when doing the grocery shopping!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I had a few consumed after watching the finals so I ended up watching Greg Lake on YouTube.

Well I did meet my family on Saturday night for a few beers if that's close enough? 😄

Had a few pale ales myself on Saturday after the Rugby… drowning sorrows unfortunately.

Drowning sorrows is right, game was there to be won. Poor game management at times and Toulouse getting their play and tactics spot on were the difference.

Had Leinster read the room & just taken their points instead of going to the corner every time they'd have won the game 24-15 in normal time, all bar one (even that was well within Byrnes range) were very kickable. But they kept doing the same thing and it was clear the Toulouse defense had them sussed and had enough to stop them in the 22.

Exactly, Toulouse won all the crucial breakdowns and defended brilliantly. They also kicked for goal on every penalty they won in Leinsters half.

• Advertisement

1 week warning to Rudolph Day 6 of 11 (the midpoint)… with it being a Tuesday cant see myself having much of an opportunity to do anything remotely close to even a nod to Christmas being honest.

Might have a listen in to Christmas FM classical for a little bit to see if that lifts my spirits a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Must think of something. Littlest elf is my Christmas loving elf so will consult with him. Family dinner out that night anyway to celebrate his graduation from primary school and oldest elf's last leaving cert exam on Monday.

Going to have chicken, stuffing, veg and mash tomorrow after work. In my little mind I'm having a mini Christmas dinner to mark the day. 😋

Purposely leaving out a pair of Christmas socks to wear to mark the halfway point tomorrow.

Rudolph day 6 of 11, we"re half way in months!

Just listened to Rocking Around The Christmas Tree with my 20 month old. She was dancing and clapping so she approved.

This time 6 months folks!!!!!!

Rudolph Day 7 coming up on Thursday. They seem to be coming around quicker and quicker!

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Only 4 more to go!

I'm going to a quiz tonight so will raise a pint of Guinness in quiet tribute to the day.

7 of 11. Not many left now...

• Advertisement

I’m ashamed to say that I completely forgot 🙁.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

By the next Rudolph Day, it will be the Autumn (ahem), the BT Christmas shop will be open, Rose of Tralee will be over, kids heading back to school, and my own summer holidays will be done and dusted. 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Got caught up on this thread eventually.

Hope everbody have enjoyed their Rudolph Day's.

August - Brown Thomas Christmas Shop.

September - Autumn kicking in bits Appearing in the shops.

October - It will be the October Bank Holiday Weekend and we'll be close to the clocks going back.

November - We're in Season and nearly at The Late Late Toy Show.

Rudolph day 8 of 11 coming up on Sunday. The last of the non BER months.

Nice day for a Rudolph day, most of them are missed though being workdays etc, but Sundays seem quite fitting IMO.

8 of 11 and the last before the BER months!

Have a good one folks!

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone!

Two thirds of the way there. I am marking the day by recovering from being out till 3am the last two nights in a row, still think I'm a young fella 😀

• Advertisement

Only copped this now! By pure chance I'm sitting here watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High and some of it is set at Christmas (possibly all I'm just some of the way through). I'm also drinking wine and am sitting without lights on just lots of candles around the mantle place. I think that's pretty christmassy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Missed this one nursing a hangover 🙈🙈

What is rare is wonderful though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

Totally missed Rudolph day. Between LC/CAO results and the littlest elf starting secondary on Monday and having my own first lecture yesterday, it has been a bit hectic. Have never so completely missed one before!

Next Rudolph Day is on Wednesday, how quick has it come around since the last one only a few days ago?

By the way I am 51 and 3 quarters today and yes I have had a few beers so I'm feeling giddy, time to put on Christmas FM 😄

• Advertisement

Not yet my man. I was 51 and 3/4 yesterday. Will be 52 on Dec 20th 😄

Any excuse for a celebration... why wait a full year? 😉

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you're born in December, you should definitely at least celebrate your half birthday!

Definitely, never had a 21st or a 40th because (a) couldn't be bothered and (b) didn't want to inconvenience people with birthday invites when they have enough on their plates with Christmas.

Just back from a Christening with the newest member of the clan so your right, life is for lining!!

Rudolph Day 9 of 11 tomorrow, Bake off starting back tonight & I have oxford lunch fruit cake to eat with a cup of tea watching it…. the build up has started for me for sure!!

Three quarters of the way to your favourite day of the year today DvB.

Happy Rudolph Day, guys! 😊

I enjoyed Bake Off with lemon cake and lots of tea. 🍰

• Advertisement

9 of 11 for 2024.… not many left now!

Happy Rudolph day everyone, only 2 more to go 🎄🎄.

happy Rudolph day from a cloudy centre parcs. Last stop on my holidays until Christmas really so it’s non stop from here until December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭kitten_k

happy Rudolph day!

My sister is going there for the 3rd year in a row in mid November, they have it fully decorated by then and she says it's fab.

I wanted to go during the winter season but couldn’t convince the OH.

Advertisement