Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭newhouse87

seems usyks team wanted 70:30 in rematch and fury would go 50:50 If thats true im inclined to agree with fury. Hes the a side in both matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fury brought in the rematch and he also demanded 70-30 fight 1. He then would not agree (if he lost fight 1) to 70-30 in the rematch. Usyk would have all the belts and Fury would be a challenger in the rematch. It’s all down to Fury looking for an out

A side my arse. If Usyk were to win fight 1 he’s every single bit the A side as Fury. This A side/B side is another crock a Sh1t

Warren bullshitting that nobody knows Usyk. Crap. He has beaten 3 Brits over 4 fights in recent years. He’s well-known.

Usyk and Fury are two globally known HW names. I’d like to see PPV figures from their recent matches. I bet next to nothing at all to show Fury as some clear A side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

from what i gathered from the talk sport interview frank warren said 70/30 and 50/50 is exactly what AJ got and that is what is on the table and on sunday everyone was happy but come monday usyks manager/team are not happy

warren confirmed yesterday to one of the boxing channels that after the talk sport interview himself and usyks promoter spoke on the phone and they didnt even get to thrash out a deal, it was a firm no from usyks team

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

but against AJ usyk was a mandatory challenger with no belts, looking to win 3 belts plus the lineal, now he has 3 belts and the lineal, its not the same situation.

Yes. Because Usyk team had enough of the demands and changes. They were right to call it a day. Fury taking them for mugs with no intention of fighting.

• Advertisement

He got 50:50 in rematch with aj, why should it be any different against fury? also you are presuming usyk would be going into the rematch as the winner.

Just dont see why you think fury has no interest in fighting usyk. He has travelled all over the world fighting home town favs in their backyard and beating them. Hes just a hard man to bargain with.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Butson

I'd actually go to that.

Any boxing fan would love to see a master technician like Usyk up close like that.

Well, if he had an interest he wouldn’t have made it so difficult for the opponent. Only logical conclusion is he had no interest, or he’s a complete bellend.

He fought Wlad in his backyard when he was a challenger with no bargaining power at all. Of course he takes that fight.

Not a sniff of an issue making the two recent fights against two tomato cans.. but for this fight, where he was getting 70/30 fight 1, there are obstacles!

Post edited by walshb on

But that was the deal Usyk wanted: IF Usyk wins he said 70/30 rematch. Not IF he loses fight 1. He did not ask for 70/30 in the rematch if he loses fight 1

• Advertisement

Id be thinking fury doesn't want to look like hes not getting what hearn got for aj. Ego a big part of this too.

They all just have too much money.

Matchroom, Queensbury, Top Rank... all making lots of cash. People forget, these are businesses. They are there to make a profit, not to satisfy fans.

Their top fighters are multi millionaires. The guys coming up want to be millionaires, and will take the path outlined by their promotor. All is good.

The only people losing out in the current climate are the fans. Nothing will change until a) fans start boycotting shitshows like Fury v Chisora, or until there is one global, governing body. And that aint happening any time soon.

People have / are walking away from the port in their droves. It may need to hit rock bottom before anything changes. But look at the Olympics now...long term, sport is fcuked.

Seriously, is it that? Is Fury that absolute ridiculous? I know he has an ego, but I don't think at all it is this.

Simple: it all started with Fury's first very unfair demand of 70-30. Usyk called his bluff and accepted it. Then Fury brought up another obstacle with the rematch. Usyk's team said it weeks ago; it's one thing after another. He doesn't want this fight....and here we are

A side. When it comes to financials, yes.

How sad is that? What about the prestige, the glory, the dream of being the undisputed best in your sport?

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Getting 70-30 for the first fight and it's still not enough? Come on, clearly Fury doesn't want the fight at this time.

It's a pity, it'd be a fascinating fight and both are a cut above the other heavyweights at the moment.

i notice you ignored the first fight.

so, against aj, usyk was a mandatory, no belts, shot at the titles, it just isnt the same situation

do you expect usyk to take 30% in the first fight with 3 belts and the lineal, as a unified world champion then if he becomes undisputed he only gets 50 in the second fight? the 70-30 went both ways btw, fury would of got 70 again if he won the first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

If Usyk were to beat Fury he would be going into the rematch as a 2 weight, undefeated, undisputed HW champion! Of course he would deserve the bigger cut. They weren't looking for 70/30 if he gets beaten

Also what is the actual proof that Fury is the bigger draw, any lists I've seen of the top PPV figures in the UK don't feature Fury. The time of the fights with Wilder obviously impact that but then again Mayweather vs Hatton and even Mayweather vs McGregor make the top 10 list before Fury and they were at US PPV times

Frank Warren said the rematch was down to be 50/50 just like the Aj contract

It’s the rematch that seems to have upset the deal

What has AJ got to do with it? Why would anyone bring him into it? People really falling for this baloney....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury is dodging Usyk.

The rematch clause by Fury is Fury's way out.

That outburst by Fury is just laughable - he is running scared.

Fury is in a corner and he knows it.

The rematch clause is his way out, and according to Usyk's team it was not just that. Fury was ready to offer up more silly obstacles.

It must have sickened Fury when Usyk agreed to Fury's first obstacle, the 70-30. He had to then bring up the rematch

Damn shame. Probably one fight that I wanted to see more than any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

All that stuff was negotiated before fury demanded 70-30 in the first fight (asked for by warren initially)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You are not wrong there bud.

Can I ask - is the fact that it is not in Saudi Arabia a spanner in the works ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fury dodging usyk

give me strength

he might be a pain in the hole to negotiate with and over playing his hand, but in what world is he dodging Usyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Augme

Let's all be honest here, Fury's bottled it. Is he lining up another Chisora rematch instead? 😂

Dont think anybody is arguing who is the bigger draw. Its fury and would be for rematch too. How many ppv buys will come from ukraine or usyk fans. Fury is the draw regardless of what happens in the first fight. I thought 60:40 would be fairer split for first fight but fury is a tough negotiator, hes not scared, dont believe that for a second.

Nope as i said 60:40 would have been fair. Usyk was foolish to accept 70:30. rematch if uslk won 50:50 would be fair. Fury is the draw, most likely selling out wembley due to him even walshb would agree fury is the draw.

• Advertisement

Usyk accepted because he wanted the fight, he wanted it for his people and the fans, fury would sell all his fan boys for a button and they would continue to say he got a good deal.

Advertisement