Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

now the second biggest duck in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury is blaming it on Usyk, said he agreed to the rematch and Usky pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

He's blaming Usyk but I doubt many believe him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

something about this entire negotiation seems off the way it was openly debated to attract attention and then cancelled, are we being suckered in for a summer fight in Saudi when the new stadium will be ready and both men get more money

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The only real way for this to be true is both are in cahoots? Hardly…?!

• Advertisement

nobody really knows what is going on, this all seems like a pantomime and for the money involved in the saudi deal they would surely play along

We still have a few more days for a turnaround, yes? Not looking likely, but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i think people are being played by Usyks team.

With time running out to meet the provisional April 29 fight date pencilled in for Wembley Stadium, the WBA has now issued a final deadline."March 10 was the deadline for the initial negotiations granted by the WBA," a WBA statement read."After the WBA announced the situation, Usyk and Fury’s teams contacted each other to inform that the pact was on its way and that the fight was going to take place."Now, the WBA has given them this new deadline that expires on April 1 and hopes that the fight can take place, since it is what the fans are asking for and what the whole boxing world is waiting for."The WBA has held off on issuing Usyk with a mandatory fight against Daniel Dubois. Usyk holds the 'super' champion belt while Dubois is the 'regular' champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭US3

I don't believe for a second fury is scared or afraid of losing to usyk or aj, just can't understand why he's ducking the 2 biggest fights he could possibly have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I think it has to happen for Fury, he now needs this more than Usyk because his repuation is in bits and he's losing support by the bucket load, it might all be for show, who knows, but if it doesn't happen it will be what defines him, he'll never live it down.

He was the most hated boxer in the U.K. before and he recovered, he’s got so much money and a family that care about him I doubt he cares what people like us say about him

I don’t think Fury’s at all afraid in the physical sense, but I reckon he could see Usyk’s style and traits and skills as going to be very difficult.

Why else would he not want this massive payday? Then you think why would he not get in (regardless of what he is thinking about Usyk’s difficulty) to make huge money.

I can’t see how anyone cannot see (from what we have all seen and read) that it’s much more Usyk who has been genuinely wanting and pushing for this fight. Fury has been all disjointed, quiet, loud and the one chopping and changing. It reeks of ducking.

and reading the online commentary it’s about 80-20 all feeling the same. Many admitting to being fans of Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭reclose

Fans should boycott Fury’s next fight. Usyk is the only acceptable fight for him to make.

Fourth fight with Wilder is pointless. He’s proved he’s better.

AJ is still a good fight but it’s the guy who lost to Usyk twice.

Joyce best win is Parker so he won’t get too much credit for beating him.

it’s a real shame Usyk didn’t get a crack at being undisputed in a second weight division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

If Fury doesn’t fight Usyk next I think he could be vulnerable from a Hail Mary shot. Imagine someone ironed him out and then Usyk got undisputed that way

Usyk v dubois at York hall doesn’t sound great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Strange if Fury is avoiding Usyk. Fighters at that level need huge self belief and it’s not hard to see a route to victory for him, even though Usyk is also a fantastic talent. Is he really that nervous of Usyk? It’s a huge payday also, obviously.

Joe Joyce v Fury would be a great match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

He'll care.

Everywhere he goes he'll be asked about it and taunted over it, he has a massive ego and he's talked countless times about being from a fighting family, creating a legacy, not caring about money...as Walsh said above its about 80-20 against him and climbing, the people supporting him are few and far between at this stage.

No amount of ranting, raving and bullshit from him will get rid of this stain.

He might just retire if the fight doesn’t materialise, Frank Warren said it won’t happen for undisputed further down the line with the mandatories waiting, furys wife is pregnant with child number 7 and if he dies retire he won’t have to answer any questions or even be heard of again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Maybe it is all just a ruse to build interest.

If it is not then Fury is avoiding him.

As I have said already I would plump for Usyk on points. He seems to have his tail up for this one.

Interest? There has been massive interest in this for months....interest has nothing to do with it...

Best to move on and just accept that for whatever reasons, Fury's heart wasn't in it for this fight. Maybe later in the year he'll be well up for it

If Fury meets Joyce I'll be happy to see that one. Usyk maybe v Wilder would be great.

Well it’s getting much more interest in the media at the moment than if it was signed and done, it’s the headline of all boxing news with the Aj fight somewhere below

Andy ruiz called out fury, I’d watch that I think ruiz would be too slow and his head movement is lacking

If that is the case...if his heart is not in it.........

Then Usyk has to be recognised as the best heavyweight on this planet.

I think he is anyway.

Fury would destroy him. Another Buster Douglas is what Ruiz is.

Much more negative interest because the fight is off.....the interest was huge. Fury doesn't want it, and the interest now is more anger and frustration. The fight seems to be gone....

Well the deadline is the 1st of April and usyks team said they will go for next mandatory which they said is hrgovic but its dubois and if they don’t get that fight on Usyk loses the belt according to the rules

lots can happen in a week and Frank won’t want to take a bath on the money he’s out down for Wembley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

would of prefered usyk fury but such is life, have to say im looking forward to usyks next 3 fights, assuming its hgrovic / dubois / joyce in whatever order, good to see the unified + lineal champ take on his mandatories

Well, again I hope April 1 can save this fight. But really looks gone to me.

• Advertisement

Unless Dubois knocks Usyk out he’s in for a clear beatdown.

Advertisement